Technically doing "better" but feeling worse as time progresses.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roguewave

Reaction score
Can anyone relate?
It's like the meaninglessness of life has totally taken over.
But this thread isn't about finding or creating meaning in life.

It's about realizing that money, status, degrees, excess are not a route to happiness like society promises they are.
Yet I cling to these empty promises because I don't have the self-esteem or energy to refute them.

I know this feeling. But do you also feel that you want to share your successes with a partner?

fuzzybutt said:
I know this feeling. But do you also feel that you want to share your successes with a partner?

Hmm, I am so isolated most of the time I didn't even think about that. It would probably help. But idk.

money at least seems to provide comforts enough that would allow you the freedom to pursue unrelated fulfilling goals however.

Haven't seen you post in awhile, how've you been? (Aside from feeling worse as time progresses I mean!)

hi. :)

Yeah i guess just ignore the feeling and do whatever does make you happy.

:l

Limlim said:
money at least seems to provide comforts enough that would allow you the freedom to pursue unrelated fulfilling goals however.

Haven't seen you post in awhile, how've you been? (Aside from feeling worse as time progresses I mean!)

(((Limlim)))
I've been okay...kind of in a slump I guess. I took a break from the board b/c felt like I didn't have much to say. I just got an (underpaying) job yesterday so that's something at least. My boss is a sweetheart and reminds me of someones grandma lmao.
Money is good to allow you to indulge in hobbies and maybe escape the world to an extent. Too much of it though is bad, bad, bad.

I hope you have been well these past months. Looking forward to summer????

SophiaGrace said:
hi. :)

Yeah i guess just ignore the feeling and do whatever does make you happy.

:l

Hey :) (((Soph)))

Yeah. People say repression is unhealthy but it sure seems to help sometimes.

roguewave said:
Limlim said:

(((Limlim)))
I've been okay...kind of in a slump I guess. I took a break from the board b/c felt like I didn't have much to say. I just got an (underpaying) job yesterday so that's something at least. My boss is a sweetheart and reminds me of someones grandma lmao.
Money is good to allow you to indulge in hobbies and maybe escape the world to an extent. Too much of it though is bad, bad, bad.

I hope you have been well these past months. Looking forward to summer????

No shame in taking the underpaid job, we've all done it at some point or another. :) I know what you mean about not having much to say. I took a look at my posts from the past while and for the most part they're just quick comments or trollish things for the sake of amusement. Kind of makes me miss the the flame wars we used to get.

I want to ask you what sort of things make you happy, but I can't because you said that the purpose of this thread isn't to do that! :D

Latest posts

Back