What every software company wants to see happen

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phaedron

Reaction score
If I let every program I installed do what the owners intended it to do this is what would happen:

Browser+Toolbars+2+THA+MAX.jpg

Seriously, why does every program wants to sneak in toolbars and mess around with our internet browsers?

lol, I use only one toolbar, customized to be a mixture of the menu and navigation with tabs sanely kept on the bottom.
< > File Edit View History Bookmark Tools Help Reload Home Cancel Address Bookmarks Search

This is why I check every single little option when installing software

Custom Install all the way! This pic was proof that I do the right thing lol :p

The biggest fail is the Internet Explorer. Real people don't use IE anymore. It's all about Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Google Chrome.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
The biggest fail is the Internet Explorer. Real people don't use IE anymore. It's all about Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Google Chrome.

IE 7 is better than IE 9 in the fact that it works lol

But I use chrome ;)

I hate when they try to sneak in their "preferred/recommended" browsers. I usually adjust my settings to notify me if something tries to make changes in case it's sneaked in.

When I first started using Firefox IE had a horrible reputation for viruses, popups, and lousy security. IE 7 better then 9? I believe it. There is a trend with microsoft actually getting worse. Vista was worse then Xp, and windows 7 was worse then vista. They got rid of the starfield screensaver, then the aurora one. If I wanted mystify I'd buy a mac. Windows media player started to suck after 9, though 11 is usable, I will not use 12, that was the straw that broke the camels back. Vista's windows movie maker is good, the one on 7 is horrible. It lost many of it's features and when I use split it messes up the track and pauses for several seconds.

The worst part is that many programs and games can't be run on Vista, and even less of them work on Windows 7. This too is backwards compared to what a computer is supposed to be. Compatibility should be increasing, not decreasing. I can't count the number of times I have installed some program only to find out I can't use it. Windows hit it's peak at Millenium edition, actually. After that, all customization went out the window. Just like youtubes new design is part of a downward trend aimed at conformity and dehuminization. So I wouldn't be surprised if newer editions are even worse. An insane price just to jack up computer prices and make things worse. Whatever windows 7 actually made better, after years of having Vista, Xp, and 7, I've yet to see any benefits. I can honestly say there is nothing I like about 7 compared to Vista.

I totally agree. Windows 7 is annoying too.

But I did try IE 9 to see what the fuss was about, it doesn't stop crashing the piece of sh*te :p they have the cheek to brag on adverts bwt it or tell me chrome is less secure

XP is my fav & always will be. Windows 8 looks like the worst OS ever made & it's not even out yet lol would rather shoot myself than buy that!

I use Opera for everything at home.
At work I use a mix of Opera and IE (since some of the work applications require IE and faking IE with Opera doesn't always work or is just too much work to do to fight the system).
I never install "toolbars" from other sites.

I have Windows 7 but I do like XP much better. Microsoft took away the ability of users to customize as much stuff as they had in XP. All because Microsoft said they wanted people to see things the way Microsoft wants people to see things.
What really irked me was that Microsoft screwed up Solitaire in Windows 7. Really? You screw up Solitaire? Luckily if you still ahve a copy of XP, you can copy the 2 files needed and paste it to Windows 7 and have the correct Solitaire.
It was even worse when a bunch of us took to the Microsoft forums and pointed out that Solitaire was messed with. They completely denied anything was changed. Even after posting screen shots showing the differences, they still completely denied anything. *laughs*

blackdot you can also download the xp games but great tip thanks

I use opera on my old mobile, works very well for all phones

lol, how the heck do they manage to screw up solitaire? I really think we have reached the point where they can just do whatever they want and get away with it. Tyranny has always reigned upon the earth, and the common people very seldomly come together and do something about it.

Lol That's funny stuff. I use Chrome and nothing is installed in there.

Latest posts

Back