I bet you're a leader ...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamGoldman

Reaction score
I have a theory I wanna run pass you guys

I think some of the reasons we are naturally shy is
because we're UNIQUE. We're different.

When we see and hear (most of) the people around us, how they
act, think, and behave, we don't CONNECT.

Now don't get me wrong.
I'm NOT saying this as an excuse.

not at all.

Thing is, it takes MUCH more courage to act different.
Not follow the crowd. Take a stand. Make an HONEST,
INDIVIDUAL opinion.

Most people just "go with the tide."
That's easy (relatively).

Being a leader is tough. It takes BALLS.
COURAGE. Genuine character. AUTHENTICITY.

Have you noticed how "fake" the world is these days?
I think 9 out of 10 "thoughts" I hear from people aren't
their own.

I think most of our members here aren't like that.
Dunno why. It's a gut feeling.

Am I right guys?
Do you feel the same way?

I totally agree that most people are fake. In fact I know for a fact that a hell of a lot of people are.

"I didn't want to go out last night but they wanted me to"

"I quite like that but if you say so they think you're weird"

"I'll have to try that, everyone says it's great"

"You don't want to do that, people will think you're mad"

How many times daily do we hear things like that? An awful lot, for me personally. It only reinforces that some people are too weak to dare holding opinions of their own in case it goes against the grain.

AdamGoldman said:
I have a theory I wanna run pass you guys

I think some of the reasons we are naturally shy is
because we're UNIQUE. We're different.

When we see and hear (most of) the people around us, how they
act, think, and behave, we don't CONNECT.

Now don't get me wrong.
I'm NOT saying this as an excuse.

not at all.

Thing is, it takes MUCH more courage to act different.
Not follow the crowd. Take a stand. Make an HONEST,
INDIVIDUAL opinion.

Most people just "go with the tide."
That's easy (relatively).

Being a leader is tough. It takes BALLS.
COURAGE. Genuine character. AUTHENTICITY.

Have you noticed how "fake" the world is these days?
I think 9 out of 10 "thoughts" I hear from people aren't
their own.

I think most of our members here aren't like that.
Dunno why. It's a gut feeling.

Am I right guys?
Do you feel the same way?

most people at my work are my age, mid 40's.

I am known as been different to them. One of them the other day said 'you make me laugh' - she was amazed that I hadn't ever had chinese food.

Other things I don't do: drink, get drunk, eat foreign food such as curry's, watch soaps, watch x factor, go out socializing in groups, have ex's, go out on dates, I'm not obsessed with my mobile, go on foreign holidays.

I could go on. Although I like traditional things like football, I don't go with the lads or have a drink before the match.

I am different to everyone else. I don't really know anybody like myself male or female. I like films and the cinema. Most people I know can't remember the title of the film even though they say they enjoyed a film. I know the director, actor, writer, back catelogue of the director etc. There is maybe only one woman at work who I can talk to about films / tv and get a decent conversation.

Leadership = independent thinking + inspiring people to follow you.

Without connecting to people and being able to influence them, one cannot be a leader. Like many people on this forum, I have the first ingredient but not the second. What this makes me is a person who is neither leader nor follower - I just want to be left free to follow my own path.

On a second thought, maybe being neither leader nor follower is what makes it hard for us to fit into society. Although you may be right, AdamGoldman - it may be easier for people like us to become leaders, than for someone who has neither of the two leadership ingredients :D

@Stranger
First of all, lol it's hard to take you seriously with this pic hehee

Is that cat carrying the rabbit? LOL!

"Leadership = independent thinking + inspiring people to follow you"

You are right on the money.
Maybe I should have been clearer

What I mean is, we natural shy peeps are "inner leaders."
That is, there's a leader INSIDE us.

We don't follow along the crowd (Insert sheep sound here)

So we have two options.
LEAD, or regress to our inner world.

And it takes balls to lead. And until we "grow a pair" (lol)
we regress to solitude.

Interesting idea.
Could have some truth to it. I know I tend to 'go my own way', I can be stubborn, I can be 'different' from others. I do have a voice inside me which thinks 'I know better how things could be better around here, or maybe, I should stand up and say this is wrong!'.
I am doing this more often just lately, speaking my mind and it feels good to do it, but it is a risk to do it, cos sometimes you can be wrong.

I am a Leo and Leo's are supposed to be leaders. I have never been a leader really, or have I? I always try to be better than anyone else at things, is this normal or unusual?
I have always been a quiet, shy person, but I am changing now, slowly.
Leaders are there to be 'shot at', they are at the top, but many people want to bring them down.

This is going to sound wrong but yeah, if I talk in depth with some people who follow the same old trends, I do think to myself "Wow, is this how a lot of people actually think?" Maybe it's just me but a lot of people that I deem to be more normal then I, are actually not very bright. They only know of the same old things that are not what life should always be about (For example relationships and dressing up and going out all the time) To me, these will only ever be novelty things. Doing them every week would soon wear that novelty off. And we dun want that!

It's easier for a lot of people to follow someone or something they believe is a good idea, rather than to go their own solo way. I can't honestly say that I blame people for following something else, for the simple fact that if you believe it, you believe it no matter what, regardless if it's you leading or if you're going along with someone. Many times, I've agreed to do something that others wanted. This doesn't mean I'm weak. It doesn't mean I can't lead my own life. And it doesn't mean I need someone to hold my hand. There's no harm in agreeing with other folk though.

With certain things, however, such as life decisions as well as simple every day decisions, I find it rather annoying when someone has to depend on everyone else and ask what they should wear, or eat, or do. I have to deal with someone on a daily basis who can seem to do nothing for himself, and it's made me completely irritated that he can't do the simplest of things.

Latest posts

Back