Recast your life as a video game

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phaedron

Reaction score
If your life could be a game, what kind of game would it be?

The idea of this thread, is to recast your life as a game, preferably something that syncs up to your personality and important events of life.

Mine would be an RPG. Rather then get a normal job, I would roam the countryside looking for adventures. I'd probably do the Jesus thing, going from town to town, healing people, casting out demons, helping in whatever other way. I'd be very loyal to my companions, and set out to target and destroy the forces of evil. Where I am betrayed intimately by my companions then I walk the path of solitude and sorrow, trusting only when I must. When I am valued by them, then they remain a part of my identity. Some how or other I would wind up hearing of vicious enemy plans and plots that involve deceiving or destroying the whole world. Upon learning the truth as I know it now, I would establish a raiding party of likeminded people and seek out to destroy those humans, institutions, and orders that are evil.

And since life were an Rpg, I would probably barge into peoples homes, open up their chests and dressers in search of any little thing that might help me in my quest. I would probably open drawers of underwater expecting to find bulky weapons and enchanted pieces of armor. On the streets I would walk around talking to everyone, and butting my nose into everything. I would go around looking for monsters and bad guys to fight, hoping to earn money and treasures that way, and asking people to give me "quests" and reward me. I would carry heavy weapons and armor wherever I went, and seek to aquire various super powers, and be lured into silly side quests along the way. I would do everything with a certain sense of distance, like I were my higher self playing me as an expendable character, rather then just myself. My goal would be to save the world and retire a hero. And everything would work out with a sense of poetry and purpose, unlike the all too often cold and witness void we call reality. Instead it would be a world where people have purpose where the good guys always win in the end.

Sounds interesting. You going around the world doing awesome things... :)

If I were to recast my life as a video game, it'd be something like a mix of stealth games like Assassin's Creed and Metal Gear Solid with a side order of Battlefield 3. I'd go around, changing the world for the better in the most discreet manner possible. I'll move like a blade in the crowd. None of my enemies would see me until it's too late. Then, I'll be the object of their fear. One by one, I will hunt them down; falling like Dominoes. I would be ruthless and efficient in the field, showing no quarter unless otherwise ordered.

I would also be kind yet cautious of others, because I would never know if they would betray me later on. Should I happen to come across anyone being assaulted by a group of armed thugs, I would drive them off by any means necessary. Finally, I would also keep an open-minded outlook on things and respect differences between everyone I encounter.

P.S.

Phaedron, what you posted was epic to the max! :D

My life would be "El Presidente" of the Tropico video games.

I'm the supreme ruler of my own little island country. :D

great idea

I'm afraid my game would sit on the shelves forever, unsold. I lead a boring life & until I become a mafia don there would be no good game out of it lol

dannyr22 said:
great idea

I'm afraid my game would sit on the shelves forever, unsold. I lead a boring life & until I become a mafia don there would be no good game out of it lol

I think you sell yourself short. I didn't mean for every answer to be a shoot em up hunt em down kind of thing.

Even if all you do is move around boxes in a warehouse, theres a game called Sokoban thats like that, lol.

If you're a plumber, you're pretty much stuck with Mario Bros of course...

My game's title would be "The Epic Adventures of Felix in the Land of Confusion"

It would be a RPG... with action. Kind of like Zelda.

At first, I'd go around town gathering knowledge and experiences with people. A few battles at school, but mostly the quiet 'talk to people to figure out what to do' part of every good RPG.

Then The first serious battle with the guys that bullied me at HS. They get together to attack me but I beat them after a tough fight. In this game there is no mercy for them! They all go to sleep one night and never wake up, I kill em all with the Sword of Destiny (give me a break, it's my game... :p ). Next I have to go to the Mountain of Death to beat Pedro the One-Eyed Dragon. My Sword of Destiny is ready and erect, in fact it grows to the size of a car and dodging the flames of the beat I reach it and cut it in half, releasing the virgin girls caught in the beast's stomach. Then I proceed to plant my seed on them, for they shall carry my sons!!

Next I go back to my life, start gathering clues again only to find out that democracies all over the world are failing and capitalism has become too unfair for most persons in the world. I meet a dolphin at the beach and he tells me that I have to reach the warrior within me. In order to do so, I travel to alaska in search for the Ice Temple. There an army of goats attacks me, I raise my sword once again to defeat them all. I go inside the temple and there it is... a giant robot, like Optimus Prime but cooler. I get inside and I start taking out all the politicians. As I crush their armies and milsiles, they realize they have no hope, for my power now has risen to over 9000 thousand millons.

The final battle is with politician's secret firends, the greys (the aliens). Their superior technology proves to be quite a challenge but then my sons using a spaceship come to aid me. They give me a giant beam cannon that has the force of a thousand suns and the evildoers all finally perish.

Everyone lives a happy life after that, justice and equallity prevail on earth forever.

I think my life would be an RPG as well.

I wonder if I'd do better in an RPG, because I'd know what class of person I am, I'd know a clear path to leveling up skills and powers.

Plus, I think I'd do better in conversations because I'd be able to see all of my options, have time to think about it, and pick the best one.

It would be called Me, Myself, and I. Three different personalities would battle it out to win control and be in the spot light. Just when one is about to gain full control, another one shifts into pole position. But, wait, which one is in control of the machine gun? Look out! Ha! ha!

Felix said:
I go inside the temple and there it is... a giant robot, like Optimus Prime but cooler.

See this is how I know it's a fantasy...because no one is cooler than Optimus Prime.

AmyTheTemperamental said:
I'll move right into Skyrim.

Nice choice....I've got to sit down and play it through sometime.

Nicolelt said:
I would totally live in Stardew Valley.

Where is that?

This is why I wish real life had text options like an RPG:

I got into a relationship in Knights of the Old Republic...then again I was a powerful Jedi, I commanded an awesome crew with our own ship, and I was flush with credits, so to say that I had a lot going for me would be the understatement of the century.

Latest posts

Back