Anybody have trouble getting somebody out of their head?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dannyr22

I really like my friends daughter but sadly there are a few reasons at present, to why we cannot even date or nefin for now. Her mother would probs welcome her having a future relationship with me so don't worry about that.

The trouble is I am happy to sit patiently wait for her & also for my health to improve (which shows great strength compared to how I used to be on crushes) but when I see her I can't stop thinking about her & how well we get on, I try to get her out of my head but it's hard work. There is just so much attraction there to the person inside which I have never had before, not even with my only gf in the past.

Anybody have any tips (other than not seeing her at all)

It's very hard to get someone out of your head. For instance with Pezza, the more I got to know him, the more things I would see, music I would hear, movies I would watch made me think of him. So I don't fight it. He's on my mind 24/7 :D

If you like her so much, what's wrong with thinking about her?

In a lonely place said:
Does she like you in the same way though? Or is it mostly a one-way thing?

hard to say, when she has a bf but signs are there

I don't know what to tell you. I'm in the same boat. But its more about regret than attraction. I've been playing video games and hanging with some friends since I've lost motivation to do anything else. The thoughts seem to be strongest in the mornings just as I wake up.

Distractions are good but sometimes you think that whatever you're distracting yourself with, you could be sharing/doing the activity with her.

I am in the same boat. Its impossible to will yourself not to think about someone, unfortunately. All you can do is to try and keep busy with other things, do what you would normally be doing anyway if you didn't have her on your mind. And accept that you are thinking of her instead of fighting it. I have been thinking of someone for a year and am now going to start dating again. I accept that she will be on my mind when I am on dates, but hopefully she will start to fade when I meet someone nice.

fuzzybutt said:
Distractions are good but sometimes you think that whatever you're distracting yourself with, you could be sharing/doing the activity with her.

Yeah that's the thing rele all this time could be spent with her or anybody else potentially, not alone. But I just have to keep my brain more active.

Tiina63 said:
I am in the same boat. Its impossible to will yourself not to think about someone, unfortunately. All you can do is to try and keep busy with other things, do what you would normally be doing anyway if you didn't have her on your mind. And accept that you are thinking of her instead of fighting it. I have been thinking of someone for a year and am now going to start dating again. I accept that she will be on my mind when I am on dates, but hopefully she will start to fade when I meet someone nice.

I'm glad you are starting to move on, let me know how you get on for some tips :)

I'll try to accept it, I saw her on my birthday & didn't tell her anything even though I had been drinking so I will never ruin things until there is the chance to be with her in the near future.

dannyr22 said:
In a lonely place said:

SHE HAS A BF
What kind of signs are you perceiving?

I have tons of picture and vedios of my ex.
If i feel like looking at them...I look at them.
Many many good and bad memories of her.
I rather just have good thoughts of her but my mind dosnt
alway work that way.
I also have strong emotional bonds from living with her.
She was my fiance and also the mother of my child...stuff like that.
Serious relationships with serious issues...ect...ect
Yes, the emotional roller coasters and obsessively thinking
about her.

IDK about you...but i dont do women that's in relationships already.
I dont even do the on line bullcrap. It's rather a waste of my time
and energy. It's too messy with too much drama.

I like to get into something I know I can put my hands
on without all the songs and dances.
Real blood sweats and tears even if it's just a fling or just
having a good time. If there's drama...Im going to tap her ass like there's no tomorrow.
She's going to have good memories of me oneway or the other...
GOD sent me into her life to rock her world :)

dannyr22 said:
In a lonely place said:

Don't want to get you down, but she has bfs??

I had an expereience recently where I seem to have misread signals from a woman. Maybe i was wishing TOO MUCH that this woman liked me. She is smiley and freindly with ALL people and I liked her very much and thought yes we would work well together, she was/would be SO PERFECT for me I thought/think.
But she rejected me twice. Now, I don't know what to do around her. In fact I want to ignore her because I feel she has led me on, only to reject me. She makes me angry/sad/happy/awkward all at once, I don't know how to react.

I'm not saying my situation is the same as yours, but be careful.

In a lonely place said:
I'm not saying my situation is the same as yours, but be careful.

I have been careful since I started feeling this way about her so don't worry

If I were you, I'd try to make the most of what I have, rather then risk losing everything because of what I want. The problem you might have is that because you want her in such a way but don't have her, it could cause you problems.

I'm in a situation now where I like a Girl and she is taken. She knows I like her and says any Girl, including her would be lucky to have me. This is nice but it does not help me lol. So I find myself annoyed for still liking her even though I know it ain't happening.

At the end of the day, try as hard as you can to not let your feelings come between what you already have. That may be easy for you but it can be very hard for me lol. I wish you luck!

In a lonely place said:
I really wish you all the best, it seems we only learn by experience and so I hope you succeed in your quest.

Thank you :) I think it could be a matter of time, but let me say one thing... I'd die for her. That's how serious I am about getting love one day, wether it's with her or anybody else.

Love can be like that... and I wish I could help you out. I used to be like that awhile ago when it was all new and stuff. Just remember to use common sense and please...think about yourself. If this girl does not for sure have the same feelings for you... what is the point ya know? I hate to say that... but there are other people out there who could be even better for you than her out there...even if your mind/heart doesn't want to believe that.

dannyr22 said:
In a lonely place said:
I really wish you all the best, it seems we only learn by experience and so I hope you succeed in your quest.

Thank you :) I think it could be a matter of time, but let me say one thing... I'd die for her. That's how serious I am about getting love one day, wether it's with her or anybody else.
Don't talk like that. You won't get anywhere you want to be if you act out of desperation.

Tiina63 said:

the way to beat this is to become attracted to somebody else. Then you start thinking about them instead of the original one. I've had loads of crushes, that have gone on years and it was obvious from the start that the woman wasn't interested. Yet I continue to torment myself. You have to start looking at other women.

And of course if you have their mobile number, delete it. And then you can't send pointless text messages.

I'm not cutting ties I hardly see her as it is lol

Oh & I'm not desperate! blimey people come to conclusions sometimes. I knew this post was a bad idea, shud have just not bothered posting it in 1st place

dannyr22 said:
I'm not cutting ties I hardly see her as it is lol

Oh & I'm not desperate! blimey people come to conclusions sometimes. I knew this post was a bad idea, shud have just not bothered posting it in 1st place

i guess not..she has a BF and you're willing to wait forevaaaa...

Hats off to you for being such a nice guy and gentleman.
Your undying devotions and patience....

Desperate pricks like me without morals or values have
controllable desires and motivations to always get some
I did it all for Nookie...:)

Lonesome Crow said:
i guess not..she has a BF and you're willing to wait forevaaaa...

Hats off to you for being such a nice guy and gentleman.
Your undying devotions and patience....

Desperate pricks like me without morals or values have
controllable desires and motivations to always get some
I did it all for Nookie...:)

Well thanks,

I think rele I shud say I'm just keeping things as they are for now.

I'm sure there are some more nice women around, altho a little further outta norwich maybe ;) I'm not after nookie I'm after a partner

Latest posts

Back