My Video Downloads Are Out Of Sync

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
I use a "YouTube" downloader for videos that are usually 60 mins. in length. After I burn them and stick the finished product into my PS3, the "Sync" is off. Kind of like cheap 1970's martial art films that are so obviously "Dubbed".

If it helps, I use Vista and Chrome.

Thank you for viewing.:)

FInd the same vids on torrent?

I use the 'RealPlayer HTML5Video Downloader Extension' to download from tubes. So far, no problems, I don't use it that much tough.

I get this sometimes. Don't know what causes it but it can be annoying. Allow the ninjas xD

You can sure try a slower speed.

You are saying that the copy that you downloaded (not the version you watched on youtube) is in sync and it was the burning process that threw it out of sync?

If so you can check your download and see if the audio portion was encoded using a VBR. Sometimes that can throw it out of sync on burning. If so you can use something like VirtualDub (free) to re-encode the audio portion using a CBR and try again.

I would guess that YouTube transcodes uploads but I have never bothered to check the characteristics of the formats that they use.

If it turns out that your downloaded version is also out of sync the same program can be used to re-sync it. Google would undoubtedly show you scores of site with step by step instruction on using it for the purpose.

Maybe I should note that you can not just check the beginning of the video. There are two main ways for the audio to be out of sync. One is audio displacement where the audio is shifted by the same amount through the whole video. The other is stretched where at the beginning of the video the sync seems decent but as it plays on it gets increasingly out of sync. The fix is different for each of them. Again plenty of people have written step by step instructions correcting them with VirtualDub. I am sure there are other choices too and that is just the one coming to mind at the moment.

As Felix says, it may be easier to just find a better copy because depending on where the problem first originated it could end up involving stripping the audio from the video and adjusting its run length in an audio editor and reinserting back into the video.

That's right, burning speed can damage video files.

I never had a problem while burning at 4x.

Other files can take faster burning speeds but for some reason video files seem more sensitive.

Hey! This fixed it for me:

outdated codecs.

Note: The steps mentioned below are applicable to Windows Media player only.

As of now, I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below.

Make sure “Drop frames to keep audio and video synchronized”

a. Open Windows Media Player.

b. Click on Tools and then on Options

c. Switch to Performance tab.

d. Ensure that a check is next to the "Drop frames to keep audio and video synchronized" and "Turn on DirectX Video Acceleration for WMV files" options.

e. Click "Apply" and click "OK."

Restart Windows Media Player and open a video file. Ensure that the audio and video are in sync.

Latest posts

Back