Whats the ******* point?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broken_n_Lost

Reaction score
Was just walking and walking and walking today...it didnt help, all l do is think and get more depressed, I just dont get the ******* point anymore...but fresia it... we will all try again in the morning...

I've had the same sort of day. Let's hang in there, hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Broken_n_Lost said:
Was just walking and walking and walking today...it didnt help, all l do is think and get more depressed, I just dont get the ******* point anymore...but fresia it... we will all try again in the morning...

I'm with you both as well, im hoping i'll get over things eventually.

If somethings really bringing you down, maybe you could watch something funny or your favorite show..anything to keep your mind from thinking about it. I have found that sometimes walking doesn't help cause my mind wanders back to what was bugging me. But doing the other things has helped to cheer me up and take things a little bit more lightly than if I were real upset.

Broken_n_Lost said:
That's The Spirit!!

I feel like this too sometimes. The depression is awful, I know. I do a lot of walking,and the only time I enjoy it is when I'm at the nature preserve, but even then sometimes my thoughts will be very dark. Anxiety, depression and loneliness is a very shitty combination.

For me, going out and walking around a certain place or town area does help me to relief depression quite a bit. But if that isn't helping you, try doing something else like Reading a book at your local library or perhaps go to see a Councillor maybe.

if only i could afford therapy or a counselor, then things would be much easier.

I wish I had a counselor. I did go to a psychologist for a short while, but I didn't really like it much because it was timed,and that was a big disappointment. I know when I was going to middle school, they had counselors which of course was free, but I really miss that. At the time, I remember just going in for minor irrelevant things, but if it were now? Oh my, I'd have so much to discuss, especially since I have no one to talk to and I happen to be a very conversational person, so that's the downside.

Have a look online for Volunteering opportunities. I think it's one of the best thing an unhappy person can do :]

Good luck feeling better!

Gutted said:
Have a look online for Volunteering opportunities. I think it's one of the best thing an unhappy person can do :]

Good luck feeling better!

I did that a while ago, it IS nice. :)

Excellent! (Good for the CV/Resume too lol) What Volunteering have you done? I've done Gardening & DIY. Met a load of people through it. Most of them I've lost touch with but some I haven't :] Even met a nice Girl or 2 that I get on with to this day.

having a job certainly helps I think. When I didn't have a job there was nothing to look forward to. These days I look forward to my days off.

The first point they teach when speaking with a counsellor or other helper is caring about one self more. Caring for siblings, kids, parents, friends, random strangers or a pet should come second. Often I see people compare "on the airplane fasten your own oxygen mask before you try to help the neighbour" Personally I feel helping others even if you are not happy makes you feel better and it creates a positive circle.

I watch Billy Connolly or other comedians, funny cartoons when I feel low. Sometimes Laughter lifts me up, as does random acts of kindness from others.

How are you today?

[video=youtube]

@putter your statement is like a haiku, a darn cynical, true, heartbreaking poem

Yep...I think we can all relate to that feeling. I think that's one slight downside of this site, is that we're all kind of going through similar problems so it's hard for some of us to give useful advice when we're struggling ourselves. I will say that when you're in that type of mood...nothing is gonna make you feel better, except time. That's why I like taking long walks when I'm bitter and depressed. Often times I'll take a long walk, take a shower, eat something, and just do whatever I can to pass the time. That's all you can really do.

And I don't necessarly think this type of thing is so unhealthy, either. Maybe your emotions kind of blow up on you because you stuff them down a little too much? I've noticed that I literally feel better for days after I have a good cry. I don't cry too much, I kind of wish I could do it on command, cause god **** do you feel better after you've sobbed into your pillow for a few minutes. Being depressed, angry, etc. is well within the usual range of human emotions, and your brain has a very clever way of making sure you deal with everything. You just gotta let the negative emotions cycle through...at the end of the day those emotions are trying to tell you something. Stress and all other negative emotions are your mind's way of telling you that something is wrong.

Just try not to let the negativity swallow you. But hey, it's gonna once in a while. And that's OK. As long as you don't shoot up a post office or something.

LOL, nah among the sleep, Im no killer, but thanks for the advice. I do know what you mean though but I cant be asked to let all that negative emotions surface it dont help and I hate crying.
Its probably London, every area reminds me of memories so cant escape. Went to the country side the other weekend and took some epic walks there and boi was that nice, peaceful, bliss, refreshing and humbling. But I cant go country side every other day so stuck in this shitehole but its aint all bad really.
We are all still surviving...honeysuckle days and good days...same honeysuckle different toilet, lol.

I don't think there is a point, I think you have to make the point for yourself.

Which of course isn't easy.

Latest posts

Back