The I-Ching Game

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phaedron

Reaction score
Just post what you get here, most of them are rather bizarre and funny, yet profound in their own way.

http://www.facade.com/iching/

The present is embodied in Hexagram 10 - Lu (Treading Carefully): One treads on the tail of a tiger, which does not bite him. There will be progress and success.

The second line, undivided, shows its subject treading the path that is level and easy. He is a quiet and solitary man, to whom, if he be firm and correct, there will be good fortune.

The third line, divided, shows a one-eyed man who thinks he can walk well. He is one who treads on the tail of a tiger and is bitten. All this indicates ill fortune. We have a mere bravo acting the part of a great ruler.

The fifth line, undivided, shows the resolute tread of its subject. Though he be firm and correct, there will be peril.

The situation is shifting, and Yin (the passive feminine force) is gaining ground.

The future is embodied in Hexagram 30 - Li (Fire): It will be advantageous to be firm and correct, and in doing so there will be a free course and success. Let him also nourish a docility like that of the cow, and there will be good fortune.

The things most apparent, those above and in front, are embodied by the upper trigram Chi'en (Heaven), which is transforming into Li (Fire). As part of this process, strength and creativity are giving way to brightness and warmth.

The things least apparent, those below and behind, are embodied by the lower trigram Tui (Lake), which is transforming into Li (Fire). As part of this process, joy, pleasure, and attraction are giving way to brightness and warmth.

The present is embodied in Hexagram 48 - Ching (The Well): We think of how the site of a town may be changed, while the fashion of its wells undergoes no change. The water of a well never disappears but never receives any great increase, and those who come and those who go can draw and enjoy the benefit. If the drawing has nearly been accomplished, but before the rope has quite reached the water the bucket is broken, this is evil.

The first (bottommost) line, divided, shows a well so muddy that men will not drink of it, or an old well to which neither birds nor other creatures resort.

The third line, undivided, shows a well, which has been cleared out, but is not used. Our hearts are sorry for this, for the water might be drawn out and used. If the king were only intelligent, both he and we might receive the benefit of it.

The topmost line, divided, shows the water from the well brought to the top, which is not allowed to be covered. This suggests the idea of sincerity. There will be great good fortune.

The situation is shifting, and Yang (the active masculine force) is gaining ground.

The future is embodied in Hexagram 61 - Chung Fu (Inner Truth): Inner truth moves even pigs and fish, and leads to good fortune. There will be advantage in crossing the great stream. There will be advantage in being firm and correct.

The things most apparent, those above and in front, are embodied by the upper trigram K'an (Water), which is transforming into Sun (Wind). As part of this process, danger and the unknown are giving way to penetration and following.

The things least apparent, those below and behind, are embodied by the lower trigram Sun (Wind), which is transforming into Tui (Lake). As part of this process, penetration and following are giving way to joy, pleasure, and attraction.

Is this like astrology? or card reading? I saw some sticks "thrown" in a film called Kung Fu Hustle. A very good film by the by.

QUESTION - sell my soul?

The present is embodied in Hexagram 42 - I (Increase): There will be advantage in every movement which shall be undertaken, and it will even be advantageous to cross the great stream.

There are no changing lines, and hence the situation is expected to remain the same in the immediate future.
The things most apparent, those above and in front, are embodied by the upper trigram Sun (Wind), which represents penetration and following.
The things least apparent, those below and behind, are embodied by the lower trigram Chen (Thunder), which represents movement, initiative, and action.

I don't have a clue as to what the above means

The I Ching (Wade-Giles) or "Yì Jīng" (pinyin), also known as the Classic of Changes, Book of Changes and Zhouyi, is one of the oldest of the Chinese classic texts.[1] The book contains a divination system comparable to Western geomancy or the West African Ifá system; in Western cultures and modern East Asia, it is still widely used for this purpose.

Traditionally, the I Ching and its hexagrams were thought to pre-date recorded history,[2] and based on traditional Chinese accounts, its origins trace back to the 3rd to the 2nd millennium BC.[3] Modern scholarship suggests that the earliest layer of the text may date from the end of the 2nd millennium BC,[4] but place doubts on the mythological aspects in the traditional accounts.[4] Some consider the I Ching' as the oldest extant book of divination, dating from 1,000 BC and before.[5] The oldest manuscript that has been found, albeit incomplete, dates back to the Warring States Period (around 475-221 BC).[6]

During the Warring States Period, the text was re-interpreted as a system of cosmology and philosophy that subsequently became intrinsic to Chinese culture. It centered on the ideas of the dynamic balance of opposites, the evolution of events as a process, and acceptance of the inevitability of change.

The standard text originated from the ancient text (古文經) transmitted by Fei Zhi (费直, c. 50 BC-10 AD) of the Han Dynasty. During the Han Dynasty this version competed with the bowdlerised new text (今文經) version transmitted by Tian He at the beginning of the Western Han. However, by the time of the Tang Dynasty the ancient text version, which survived Qin’s book-burning by being preserved amongst the peasantry, became the accepted norm among Chinese scholars.

Latest posts

Back