Shall Prince Charles ever be King?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solitary man

Reaction score
I'm not the most fervent monarchist in Britain, in fact I'm not a monarchist at all. But yesterday as I watched the British Royals celebrate the Queen's diamond jubilee in typical British weather, I couldn't help but notice that the Queen looked rather pale, and thought "How long before she finally pops her clogs?"

Considering that Elizabeth has now been on the throne for 60 years and that Charles is now 64, shall she ever abdicate? Or is she determined to remain on the throne until her final breath, and thus provide Charles with a very brief Kingship?

I'm guessing that most people who use this site are typically American and thus not interested in things of a British Royal nature, and that's fair enough. But perhaps thinking outside of the box and allowing a topic which is not about American politics to enter your air-space (the space between your ears) might have the effect of promoting neuron growth.

Shoot.

I don't think she will ever abdicate her throne, she'll die on it. Personally though he shouldn't be King but his mother had that stipulation changed.

"Back away Charlie boy...mamma's still sitting on her golden throne"

queen-elizabeth-with-a-machine-gun.jpg

Charles does not strike me as the most charismatic individual out there. If he's on the throne for too long they'll probably (finally) abolish the monarchy and become a republic. For the Monarchy's sake, the crown would be better off if passed directly to Willy.

Charles wont be king, it goes to william now that he is of age.

I like Prince Charles and think he would make a good King. But his mom looks like she's determined to deny him the opportunity, and that's a shame.