A Lonely Life on Facebook?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjarne

Reaction score
Hi,

Do you think it would make any sense to create a facebook page for A Lonely Life? (and promote it here on the site obviously)

Bjarne

The only problem I have with being part of a facebook group/page for here is that everyone that is a member would know who I am (my real name, my kids, where I live, etc etc). Yes, I know I could block all that, but I don't think it'd be worth it.
IMO, we have here and we have the chats, so that's enough for me. I do have a few people here on my fb, but I'm pretty selective about it, and for good reason.

Also, on top of that, there are many people here that wish to not have others know that they are a part of a lonely community and unless the fb group was secret, it would be a pain to hide that.

Callie said:
The only problem I have with being part of a facebook group/page for here is that everyone that is a member would know who I am (my real name, my kids, where I live, etc etc). Yes, I know I could block all that, but I don't think it'd be worth it.
IMO, we have here and we have the chats, so that's enough for me. I do have a few people here on my fb, but I'm pretty selective about it, and for good reason.

Also, on top of that, there are many people here that wish to not have others know that they are a part of a lonely community and unless the fb group was secret, it would be a pain to hide that.

The group i just linked to doesn't show up in one's profile or show that you've been posting in it in the ticker at the side of fb. That concern has been addressed within the confines of the group by mutual consent.

Also, you may choose not to join a page if privacy is a concern but pages do not show who joins i don't think.

Callie said:
The only problem I have with being part of a facebook group/page for here is that everyone that is a member would know who I am (my real name, my kids, where I live, etc etc).

Except for the kids part, don't have any of those.

SophiaGrace said:
The group i just linked to doesn't show up in one's profile or show that you've been posting in it in the ticker at the side of fb. That concern has been addressed within the confines of the group by mutual consent.

Also, you may choose not to join a page if privacy is a concern but pages do not show who joins i don't think.

That group is a closed group, which means that anyone can find it. Also, anyone that DOES find it will be able to see every person that is a member of that group. The only thing it stops you from doing is seeing the posts on the wall.
Also, the majority of the people in that group don't even post here anymore, so it's more of a "hey, we're friends, I remember you" type of group, rather than an ALL group.

Privacy is a major issue for me, as it is for a lot of people. The sheer number of threads about facebook on this site kind of tells Bjarne what people would think of joining a group like that, that's not to mention the couple of threads that talk about how a lot of people wouldn't want anyone knowing they post here, so to tie their fb with it doesn't make much sense.

Just my two cents of course. A question was asked and I gave my opinion about it.

Latest posts

Back