I am bored of being bored

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dear-_-Tragedy

Reaction score
What do you do when you want to listen to music and do something at the same time but cannot think of something to do. I am in a bad way mentally right now and I don't have any hobbies or interests (I seem to have lost interest/motivation in my previous hobbies)

And because I have no hobbies I think about my girlfriend too much and that just leads to paranoia and clinging which would drive me mad so I don't know how she copes. What should I do?

I hate that feeling. (Also it's a sign of depression to lose interest in your hobbies, so that could be going on as well?) Sometimes the best I can do is ask myself "what would a normal, non-depressed person do with their time"? And then I force myself into a balanced routine of all the things that a normal person ought to do... And if nothing else, it distracts me and keeps me busy, and by the end of the day I feel like I at least tried to make good use of my time!

Sorry you're feeling that way though, it really does suck. :(

If you like music you could play an instrument.

Or draw, paint, write... You know, classic introvert fun :)

I do all those things... well painting not so much, but they keep me busy when I'm alone.

I get bored easily. Netflix is a real life saver. i could go hours watching episodes of scrubs over and over

Video games, movies, TV, books, all of that helps. You can also study. :cool:

Lol, anyway. Try to find something new to do? Anything that you haven't done, or something you haven't done or seen in years.

I listen to music non stop daily. I will clean the house or read (yes, I can read and listen at the same time). I also dance around the house A LOT :D You could go walking or do some kinda craft like stuff or you could try writing, music helps me write all kinds of stuff. If you think about your girlfriend a lot, you could always write to her off and on throughout the day then send it to her, girls like that kinda stuff.

The title of this thread describes it very well. I get bored out of my mind sometimes and don't know what to do.

I can't figure out a way to get bored- it honestly doesn't seem all that appealing. Guess thats the blessing of an active imagination.

And for those that are bored, come on over. You can do my chores while I go for a hike. :D

I get that feeling too.
It's worse when you have no friends to talk to at all, so on top of being bored, you get lonely.

You have expressed how I feel everyday, its really hard to find away out. I used to go for long walks, that worked for awhile, then started taking all my problems with me. I do some water colours, that helps a bit. We all know it’s a positive mind set we need, its just how do you achieve it? One step a day possible? All I know it hard.

Yeah I have trouble just listening to music and doing nothing, I like to be doing somethign while I listen to music. I either drive while listening to music, or study something. get a notepad, pick a subject of some sort to study, then read and take notes and do whatever home work is required. Great way to pass the time and if you discipline yourself you can even learn something new.

Except maybe learning a new language, verbally, it would be hard to listen to music and do that.

Lonely in BC said:
I can't figure out a way to get bored- it honestly doesn't seem all that appealing. Guess thats the blessing of an active imagination.

And for those that are bored, come on over. You can do my chores while I go for a hike. :D

61677749.jpg

You're lucky then... not having friends/lacking social interaction will get you bored at some point... Imagination depends parcially on a social life.

Felix said:
Lonely in BC said:

61677749.jpg

You're lucky then... not having friends/lacking social interaction will get you bored at some point... Imagination depends parcially on a social life.

Heh, heh, that's kind of funny. I'm not bored because of choice. I really have no social life to speak of either- haven't made time for friends and I'm terrible in social settings/gatherings (I'd rather read a book than go to a party). The only person I really interact with is The Kid and I regret not having more time with her. Luckily I have a couple of penpals as well to "talk" to.

Imagination has squat to do with anyone else, it comes from within.

Lonely in BC said:
Felix said:
Lonely in BC said:

61677749.jpg

Heh, heh, that's kind of funny. I'm not bored because of choice. I really have no social life to speak of either- haven't made time for friends and I'm terrible in social settings/gatherings (I'd rather read a book than go to a party). The only person I really interact with is The Kid and I regret not having more time with her. Luckily I have a couple of penpals as well to "talk" to.

Imagination has squat to do with anyone else, it comes from within.

Are you an artist? Social life is important to some extent if you write. Popular writers often use their own life experience as inspiration. It's just something else that can inspire you to imagine more situations... I feel sometimes I would like to have more experiences that can provide me inspiration.

If you are a purely visual artist then I guess is not really necesary.

You could take a pure fantasy approach, or surreal... But too much of that doesn't appeal to me. I prefer stuff that's based on real life with some fantasy...

Basically yes, it comes from within but experiencing stuff helps.

Latest posts

Back