The Girl Who Can't Make Friends With Girls...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalenadang

Reaction score
I don't know what it is, but females just don't like me. I haven't had a female friend in five years. I don't know what's changed. I used to have a lot of female friends... in elementary school, even in my first two years of high school, I had at least one girl friend.

I'm a girl who really wants female friends, to go shopping with, have girl talk with, etc., but I just can't. I feel like a freak sometimes because of this.

It's a lonely life... it is.

Not a girl but I hear this A LOT. It seems females are just more competitive with each other. Watching my female friends it certainly is interesting. I've seen some go from best friends to enemies over the littlest things. Then sometimes go back to being friends and damned if you ever mentioned how they hated each other last week. I learned that lesson early on.

Have you tried joining clubs or something that would give you more female interaction?

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I'm exactly the same way. I guess I'm just not compatible with other women - my longest lasting friendships have always been with men.

Even if I somehow find a girl to be friends with, it's usually very temporary. They always seem to just start acting insane, bitchy or generally intolerable at some point and I can't deal with that so I have to stop talking to them.
The only girls I seem to mesh well with are very 'masculine' ones, but then they don't have much of an interest in talking about traditionally "girly" things.

I'd really like to have a good girl friend, but finding one that I am compatible with and who enjoys the same things I do seems next to impossible considering my track record so far. It would be nice though.

Now that I think of it my best friends are guys too. I always manage to lose the women that I care for a lot. ._.

I don't like shopping or makeup btw.

Yeah.. I can sorta relate. Talking is more care free with guys, it seems. I like both girls and guys for friends though. It reallly...really depends on who it is though. Really girly girls I probably don't have enough girliness in me for it to work nicely. But like I said.. it really depends on the personality.

Girls are such bitches!!!

Seriously.

Today, I was just minding my own business and was near two of my female co-workers who I thought liked me...then for no effing reason - they started badmouthing me!!! I'm SO nice to them and everyone!!! I totally caught them and told them off - in a professional way of course.

And not only that!!! A few times where I was just shopping or getting off the bus etc - other girls would scream at me!!!
"You're a ******* ugly *****!!!" "Go die!!!" "Slut! Skank!"

I have a female roommate who's similar to me but she makes friends SO easily. In fact, anyone that I know that knows her...dumps me and runs to her. She's SUPER popular. She doesn't have to call anyone or even try; people LOVE her and piss themselves just to be in her presence. She is like a goddess or is god's gift to the world or something!! It blows my mind. I've hung around her; and she's not super special. Sure, she's nice. But seriously??? People climb mountains for her. It makes me SO SAD when I think about me because I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm so good to people and help them always and yet so under-appreciated. I was shocked when she said how fun and confident I am...if she only knew how horribly jealous I am of her...and how everyone seems to not care about me.

Everyone tells me what a sweetheart I am and what a great personality I have...how funny I am etc...but good grief, women just hate me and don't wanna be my friend. I uh...kinda hate women. /end rant

BUT...I did manage to find ONE friend on Kijiji!!! Try that! I've seriously been looking for friends online because for some reason; people just seem to have no interest in me in person. And imagine my shock when a girl finally wanted to hang out with me!!! Keep trying! They're out there but if you're like me...it won't be easy but worth the effort of feeling like a normal chick haha.

Stars said:
Girls are such bitches!!!

Seriously.

Today, I was just minding my own business and was near two of my female co-workers who I thought liked me...then for no effing reason - they started badmouthing me!!! I'm SO nice to them and everyone!!! I totally caught them and told them off - in a professional way of course.

And not only that!!! A few times where I was just shopping or getting off the bus etc - other girls would scream at me!!!
"You're a ******* ugly *****!!!" "Go die!!!" "Slut! Skank!"

Wow, you've had a much worse time with other women than I have. Some are really vicious and cruel. I'm sorry you've had to deal with that. :(
I'm glad you've made a girl friend though, it's always nice to find someone exceptional.

Stars said:
Everyone tells me what a sweetheart I am and what a great personality I have...how funny I am etc...but good grief, women just hate me and don't wanna be my friend. I uh...kinda hate women. /end rant

Maybe women are jealous of you for some reason?

But yeah, being a sweetheart and having a great personality don't really get you anywhere. They are like big signs telling people to honeysuckle on you. Or, so i've learned...

SophiaGrace said:
Stars said:

But yeah, being a sweetheart and having a great personality don't really get you anywhere. They are like big signs telling people to honeysuckle on you. Or, so i've learned...

There's a really huge difference between being a sweetheart/having a great personality and being the kind of person who allows other people to 'honeysuckle' on you.

Yes, females just ignore me. If I try speaking to them, they just simply give me the "what the fresia?" face and don't even say anything back... or if they do, it's always so condescending. It's too bad.

Yes, females just ignore me. If I try speaking to them, they just simply give me the "what the fresia?" face and don't even say anything back... or if they do, it's always so condescending. It's too bad.

ladyforsaken said:
Do you try to make friends with other girls? Do they just ignore you?

Barbaloot said:
SophiaGrace said:
Stars said:

There's a really huge difference between being a sweetheart/having a great personality and being the kind of person who allows other people to 'honeysuckle' on you.

I didn't say allow, but that people do it anyways. o.o

Sci-Fi said:
Not a girl but I hear this A LOT. It seems females are just more competitive with each other. Watching my female friends it certainly is interesting. I've seen some go from best friends to enemies over the littlest things. Then sometimes go back to being friends and damned if you ever mentioned how they hated each other last week. I learned that lesson early on.

Have you tried joining clubs or something that would give you more female interaction?
I actually have been thinking of taking pottery classes, or taking up knitting, but when I went into a clay shop to ask about their classes, the lady was extremely condescending and it really shook me up more. I really don't think I'll be taking pottery classes there. Besides, they were all MUCH older than me anyway. lol.

SophiaGrace said:
Now that I think of it my best friends are guys too. I always manage to lose the women that I care for a lot. ._.

I don't like shopping or makeup btw.

I actually don't like shopping or makeup all that much either. Just had to throw that in my original post. xD

You are definitely not alone in this. I don't really get along with women, I don't think my personality meshes well with them.
Instead of trying to word it in a different way, I'm just going to quote myself and provide another thread talking about kind of the same thing, only worded a bit differently.

Callie said:
I do better around guys. Women (no offense) are whining little drama queens and quite frankly I can't stand that honeysuckle. lol

I DO have women friends, but for the most part, I'm more comfortable around guys. I've never been a girly type of person, I don't care about fashion or makeup or nails or whatever girls like.

http://www.alonelylife.com/thread-i-find-it-hard-to-be-friends-with-women

dalenadang said:

I wonder if it's just the type of girls that you run into. I know what you mean about nasty girls who think they're the queen or something and that you can't talk to them. But there are those who are really kind-hearted. Yeah I know, not all of them are snobbish. Just wish there are more nicer people in the world.

dalenadang said:
I don't know what it is, but females just don't like me. I haven't had a female friend in five years. I don't know what's changed. I used to have a lot of female friends... in elementary school, even in my first two years of high school, I had at least one girl friend.

I'm a girl who really wants female friends, to go shopping with, have girl talk with, etc., but I just can't. I feel like a freak sometimes because of this.

It's a lonely life... it is.

I can't have friends with either gender. I wished I was a girl, so I could hang out with girls (don't judge), becuase females share a better bond with others, then guys do with guys or guys do with girls and vice versa. When girls make friends, they are open and stay friends a lot longer. I hope this dosen't sound as creepy as it may sound. But I mean what I say, as innocent as it sounds.

Most of my friends are male myself. Only one female friend. Don't know why it is either, just is.

Lost Soul said:
I can't have friends with either gender. I wished I was a girl, so I could hang out with girls (don't judge), becuase females share a better bond with others, then guys do with guys or guys do with girls and vice versa. When girls make friends, they are open and stay friends a lot longer. I hope this dosen't sound as creepy as it may sound. But I mean what I say, as innocent as it sounds.

You know, I think this is true to a degree. I mean, I see that females then to be more emotionally when it comes to bonding. Guys are more.. practical, less emotional? Sorry but I don't mean to label or generalize, it's just what I observe. Sometimes you just gotta hit the right people I guess.

this is a desirable trait in a mate.

you are too cool for those bitches.

you should enjoy honest-to-goodness guy friends.

go shopping, go to the movies, do all that stuff with guys.

i'm sure there are plenty who would love that.

platonically speaking...or more...who knows!

I'm on the same boat. I never had a female friend since elementary. What i had in high school until now were just fickle friendships(if I can call it that). Maybe, the term associates is the better term for it. It's hard really, living a life like this. But we must continue on with life ,nee? Just stay strong. :)

Latest posts

Back