Why?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Flash

What do we have to live for? I have nothing to show for what my life has been like. I hate going to school working and then having to spend the weekend alone at the house while everyone I know has something better to do. I hate not being able to talk to anyone or ask anyone out with the fear of rejection. I hate being alone. I hate being alone. I know this sounds like a stupid plea for happiness but I think that there is noone out there for me and that this life has nothing left for me to live for. I need help.

I don't know exactly how you feel, but by the way you worded it, it sounds as though we're one in the same.  My problem, however, is not how do I ask someone out, but who do I ask out.  I do not attend public school, so I really do not have anyone at all besides my few friends.  Anyway, I hope that you hang in there.  Someday there will be a purpose for everything, I am quite sure.  Right now it feels as though life is a broken record without any changes, at least for me it does...I am assuming that it does for other lonely people as well.  I am just trying to keep faith that some day things will change for the better.  If I don't, I will end up losing it.  Try to do the same.  You are here for a reason.

Thanks for the help I have had thoughts of suicide for some time but i realize that I was thinking for only myself and no one else. I guess that being alone isn't all that bad. I guess that life will come and Ill just pull through alone and see what happens. I just would like some company along the way thats all Im really asking for but it feels like no one cares.

I know exactly how you feel.  I've been feeling the same way for a long time.  We can be lonely together, even though we are obviously not literally "together," we are still talking, and you have the ability to know that someone else is going through the same situation right now.  It's hard, but don't give up.  You have people here for you that care about you, at least I know that I do.  Eventually, life will become a lot brighter, and things will clear up :).

Reading this has at least shown me that others out there are suffering. I completely empathise with what you’re saying. At school, I shy away from everyone, even the few acquaintances I have, and at the weekend, I sit around doing nothing. Shyness is crippling my self esteem and bringing my life down with it. It’s somehow comforting that through this, I know that others are experiencing the same, and that I can somehow relate to that person, something I find extremely difficult at the moment.

i remember i confided in a friend once when i was afraid to ask out somebody i liked.  i told him i was scared of being rejected.  I asked him how to not be scared.  He told me to ask out somebody I didn't like.

Latest posts

Back