I'm Stuck And No One Understands...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cryingcloud

Reaction score
So it's summer...and for the past two summers it's been the same...IM ALONE. Everyday, 5 days a week, I'm alone all day and no way of getting out. Im a teenager(17)with a license but no car...and will never get a car until I'm on my own and can buy it myself. I have a job, but they don't give me a lot of hours, and even if they did...how would I get there? It's a struggle getting there now. My family only has ONE car and four family members. We all work. I go through everyone in my contacts to see if they would be up to hang out, but it's always the same...either they work(because they actually get hours)or they are out of town. Witch I understand because it's summer, people go places...but not my family. We don't do anything together. I live with my mom and my two older brothers who are currently home from college. As soon as my mom gets home from work, she goes in her room and that's the last time I see her till she gets back the next day..and for like..two seconds. My brothers are always out and about, they are NEVER home. Though even if they are it doesn't make a difference. I haven't spoken to one of my brothers in a month. We had a big fight and I can't see my self forgiving him for the things he said to me. The other one, he's impossible to see because he's always busy with work, or vacationing with his girlfriend and her family(He lives with her durring the summers)and he only stops bye every now and then to feed his lizards. So there I stay in my room, infront of my computer, with no one but myself, and that's not a good thing. I don't do well by myself. I start thinking about bad things in my life and about me. I understand, we don't have the money for vacations...but I'm not asking for that. What's a little trip out to get an icecream or something? Anything? No, because my moms always tired. I've talked to my grandmother about how I'm feeling lately and she understands, but then she tells my mom, and as I could've predicted, she didn't. She took it to offense and got mad at me.I just want to be in control of my life...and as the summer curse continues...I control less and less.

Just hang in there dude....17 was wierd for me. Summer time blues
It's great the you have a job.

its weird for me now becuase of the weather. its too hot and no one wants to
go do anything. i dont so too well either if left along with my own device for too
long...it's like the devil's workshop..if I isolate.

My dad's is on his death bed and I dont get alone too well with my family.
They're all at the condo trying to comfort my father and mother.
All my grand parents are dead. My uncle and aunts lives in a different state.

Sorry you're mother is just tired from working or living and cant be there
for you. Try not to take it so personally.
You never mention a father..so your mother is single???
She probably feels a little bit lonely or along too....Thats probably
why she just sleeps...so she dosnt have to think so much.

Do you live in a big town, sub burb, city or on the outskirts of town?
Do you have a bike..skateboard, skooter?
Sometype of transportations to get you places.
I pretty much had to do that until I saved up money for a car when i was a teen.

My truck broke down around 6 months ago....
It totally suck to be on foot at my age until I could save up money for a ride.

I force myself to go outside everyday...even if it's a simple walk around
a local park in the evening .there's plenty of people bascailly just doing the samething.

Hi cryingcloud. I'm sorry to hear that you are in such a lonely state right now. If your family is too busy or never home, you must take the initiative and go out and meet people. Go to places where you can maybe make some friends.

Nobody is going to come to your house, knock on your door and ask you if you want to be friends. Go out and meet some other people. Maybe you could try internet cafes, the park, pool hall, teens clubs, things like that.

Your computer is the key to solve your problems. Just think about your situation and what it would be like if you didn't have the internet. By reaching out to us, you have made a huge step in your goal to have a social life.

It's going to take patience and a decent effort on your part to succeed in crushing your loneliness. You are off to a great start by posting here. All that remains now, is just how bad you want a social life and how hard you are going to work to achieve it.

yeah...there's really not here where i live...Plus of the heat thing.
So alot of teenagers are going to stay in doors.
Sometimes they'll go to a local mall and just hang out.
Sometimes they'll go to a starbuck..

Dont trip out if you go alone or on a bike.
People go alone on whatever transportations all the time.
You'll never know who you'll meet.
Heck i saw a young chick your age walked a couple of miles to starbuck by herself onenight
and just hung out there by herself. if i was 17 ...i would had hitted on her.

Yeah, I'm hearing you, seventeen was a bit like that for me as well, so you're not the only one! My parents were a lot older than me and very staid, my brother wouldn't speak to me like his equal till he was in his late thirties and even now he struggles (little sister syndrome, he needs to keep me in my place!). I went to school quite away from my suburb and my friends lived all over the city, miles away, and they didn't go out much anyway. You feel like you're the only one but you're not, these times that are supposed to be the best times of your life really aren't that for everyone.

Here are some ideas:

Join a local youth club, whatever they have where you live

Check out adult education courses

Think about hobbies you can take up

Join a gym or sports club

Use the time to plan for college or work.

You might just have to sit it out but things will pick up again, trust me.

Latest posts

Back