When you're strange...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautifulsorrow

Reaction score
When you're strange, faces come out of the rain
When you're strange, no one remembers your name
[video=youtube]

What do you think?

people are strange, when you're a stranger...

Good song, but where's this going exactly?

Callie said:
people are strange, when you're a stranger...

Good song, but where's this going exactly?
idk people can just write what they think about it, like if someone could relate to the song

women seem wicked, when you're unwanted

streets are un-e-ven...when you're down

I love The Doors.

And I am strange, and hate it. Although that is probably where all my creativity comes from.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I love The Doors.

And I am strange, and hate it. Although that is probably where all my creativity comes from.

I enjoy being strange. I'm not like anyone else, I do things my own way and that makes me who I am. Is it harder for people to accept me as I am? Yes, but I'd rather be strange and different than follow the crowd and just be a sheep. It also shows me who I can trust and who will fight for me and have my back.
Grab onto your strangeness and own it, it makes you, you. Also, chances are, you aren't as strange as you think you are.

I swear I'm not stalking you this morning

Callie said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I love The Doors.

I enjoy being strange. I'm not like anyone else, I do things my own way and that makes me who I am. Is it harder for people to accept me as I am? Yes, but I'd rather be strange and different than follow the crowd and just be a sheep. It also shows me who I can trust and who will fight for me and have my back.
Grab onto your strangeness and own it, it makes you, you. Also, chances are, you aren't as strange as you think you are.

Exactly. :cool:

To be strange is cool. If you were normal, and like everyone else, life would be boring.

There's really no such thing as "being strange." People have interests, hobbies, habits, and ways of life that some people may not connect with, but that doesn't mean there aren't people who do the same exact things you do.

The idea of "strange," and being proud of it is silly. We're all quite mundane, if you think about it. Striving to be strange, or hating it; ostracizing it or glorifying it; it's all a pretty pointless concept that's favored because it makes some individuals feel "privileged" over others. Just because what makes up your character isn't common practice in your location or circle of friends doesn't mean it isn't common elsewhere. The only thing that's important, anyhow, is being comfortable. Strange or not, common or uncommon, as long as you're comfortable doing what you do, you're essentially no different from anyone else (well, even if you weren't comfortable, you'd be just like the millions of people sacrificing comfort for appearance and pride :p).

Doubt The Rabbit said:
There's really no such thing as "being strange." People have interests, hobbies, habits, and ways of life that some people may not connect with, but that doesn't mean there aren't people who do the same exact things you do.

The idea of "strange," and being proud of it is silly. We're all quite mundane, if you think about it. Striving to be strange, or hating it; ostracizing it or glorifying it; it's all a pretty pointless concept that's favored because it makes some individuals feel "privileged" over others. Just because what makes up your character isn't common practice in your location or circle of friends doesn't mean it isn't common elsewhere. The only thing that's important, anyhow, is being comfortable. Strange or not, common or uncommon, as long as you're comfortable doing what you do, you're essentially no different from anyone else (well, even if you weren't comfortable, you'd be just like the millions of people sacrificing comfort for appearance and pride :p).

Yes, there is usually always someone (or a group of people) somewhere in the world that is similar to you...BUT, that's not really the point. Strange is defined as being different, standing out, not going with the flow, being foreign or unfamiliar.
By these standards, it doesn't matter if there is someone out there that does the same things as you, if you don't know them and you are "different" than the majority of the people you know, that makes you strange/different/odd/unusual in their eyes.
As far as striving to be strange, again, that's not the case, but I won't conform to everyone else and be a sheep just to fit in. I will always choose to be myself. If that ostracizes me, so be it, I'm okay with that, because at the end of the day, I know I remained true to MYSELF and that's what important.

I just believe the entire concept of strange, from its origin on down, to be ludicrous. When it comes to a person's character, "It just is what it is." After all, are the things people assume strange really ever all that "strange?" Perhaps it's foreign, in that the majority has not learned about it yet, but once you understand the reasoning behind a person's practice, it's hardly anything more weird than picking your nose. Basically what I was getting at is that people aren't so much strange as they are not quite understood. I think that'd be a more accurate way to describe it.

Callie said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I love The Doors.

Amen!

When it comes to thoughts, attitudes, beliefs, and actions, I march to a different drummer and would never be considered sheeple - I am a simple, but complex person.

I think this thread is about fitting in and how people try SO HARD to fit in, it's what we do. To be part of something, community, family, whatever, the song is about feeling that you don't fit anywhere - and that is LONELY. I've felt I've never fitted in all my life, it's all I've ever wanted to be normal, to do normal things, to fit in.
Being DIFFERENT/STRANGE is a risk and most times risky behaviour doesn't pay off! But sometimes it does, and that's the dilemma of life. Whether to raise your head above the parapet and risk being shot at!!!

I think that if I watch videos, my tiny monthly data allowance is going to decline fast >_>'

Doubt The Rabbit said:
I just believe the entire concept of strange, from its origin on down, to be ludicrous. When it comes to a person's character, "It just is what it is." After all, are the things people assume strange really ever all that "strange?" Perhaps it's foreign, in that the majority has not learned about it yet, but once you understand the reasoning behind a person's practice, it's hardly anything more weird than picking your nose. Basically what I was getting at is that people aren't so much strange as they are not quite understood. I think that'd be a more accurate way to describe it.

"Strange" as in like a strange dream or a strange place in town, like it doesn't make sense, like you said not understood. Just like strange dreams and places you have strange characters.

Latest posts

Back