what type of books do you enjoy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tomuchnothing

personnaly I real enjoy fantasy type books. One of my favourite authors is Raymond E. Fiest, especially his riftwar saga serious of books.

The name of the wind by patrick rothfuss is also quite good.

At the moment I'm reading David Eddings 'the belgariad' series and I am quite enjoying that. In fact I read most of a book today because I've been stuck at home all day which isn't really that different for me

But yea I was jus wondering what type of books others of there are Into at the moment?

:)

The book that I really enjoy reading is the sequel novel of the Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipes by Stephanie Meyer. It was a fiction book about a human girl and a vampire boy falls in love with each other.

I read those books last summer with in a month. And now in still inlove with all the characters. Bella and Edward. :)

I cant wait for the Twilight movie. They are now making it.

I will be honest, i havent read a book for years XD but ive been working out lately and using audiobooks and i find them doing the job for me XD So far ive "read" jon stewart and colbert's books, and working my way through the harry potter seris, im on goblet of fire. Im a little ashamed that im 24 and not even "reading" these books :(

And yea self help books rock, espically those "dummies" do-it-yourself books :D

motiv said:
So far ive "read" jon stewart and colbert's books, and working my way through the harry potter seris, im on goblet of fire. Im a little ashamed that im 24 and not even "reading" these books :(

why be ashamed?. we all learn a lot of thing in reading something. Im 20 and I admit that i still read the childrens story books. Even the spellings and new word- easy or hard ones. It register in our memories and we learn it from daily basis. :)

toxic-tears said:
The book that I really enjoy reading is the sequel novel of the Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipes by Stephanie Meyer. It was a fiction book about a human girl and a vampire boy falls in love with each other.

I read those books last summer with in a month. And now in still inlove with all the characters. Bella and Edward. :)

I cant wait for the Twilight movie. They are now making it.

I know a girl that's obsessed with those books, I remember talking to her some time before the sequel came out or something and she just could not wait for it to come out!

motiv said:
And yea self help books rock, espically those "dummies" do-it-yourself books :D

I'll admit that I own a couple of those books, they were gifts too, maybe people are trying to tell me something:p

I read a lot of fantasy, right now I'm into George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, I'm on a Clash of Kings, but recently I've been reading a book of short stories by H.P. Lovecraft that someone recommended me to read, it's very enjoyable, he's incredibly descriptive and uses words I've never seen before which is always good for me(with a dictionary handy). But I feel like reading like a romance story or something, but not something really girly, even though it is really weird for a dude to read a romance in the first place....I wonder if something like this exists?

since, I do everything to avoid homework.....I got me :
"First things first" by stephen. r.covey...lol
now I do even more of everything to avoid reading it....

As vague as a label it may be, most of my favorites are 20th-century novels, usually dealing with emotional disillusionment. I haven't really binged on any specific genres, but of of my favorite novels is a science fiction work from the late 80s, another is a Russian existentialist work, another is a Russian work of political commentary in regards to the Revolution, another is a vibrantly biographical fictional memoir of the American experience in the Vietnam War, another is a "definitive" 50s coming-of-age story, and so on. I've never really been into the fantasy genre (all I've read is A Wrinkle in Time) or mystery novels or thrillers, but then again I've never really had that much exposure to them (then again, I'm not really that interested in them either; same applies to science fiction).

As for the typical mainstream material, I only read the first three Harry Potter books when I was in elementary school; I've never read The Da Vinci Code or Angels and Demons; I've never read Kite Runner of A Thousand Splendid Suns; I've never read any Stephen King; and I've never really read much "contemporary" literature in general. I'd like to, but there's just so much out there, and I'd like to start from the "ground up", eventually working my way into modern repertoire. :)

I really enjoy books that focus on the subject on gender because it's something that really interests me and it's not quite something that society really tries to analyze rather than saying boys dress like this and girls act like that. I love the Difficulty at the Beginning Series by Keith Maillard. His writing and his characters are just so real. They are really good books and I would recommend them to anyone.

I also love literature from the Renaissance and Medieval eras such as John Lyly's The Anatomy of Wit, Sir Thomas More's Utopia and things by Spenser, Sir Philip Sidney and Shakespeare.

i like fantasy books,,, loved david gemmell.. and shogun is such a great book. Also like Stephen King, have read a few a good titles on crime and comedy. But i only read when im away on holiday i find i dont feel like reading while at home.

Mostly non-fiction but I do love classic British literature and some American like Steinbeck, London, Sinclair, Lewis, (a lot of leftie stuff). Oh and the Russkies like Tolstoy, Dostoyvesky, and Pasternak. Oh and Dorothy Parker...she was fab.

I like to read chick lit novels (perfect job. Bf. Real friends. Happiness) oh and help books as well :)

Wow that topic was like 2 years ago. I'm using my phone and don't know how in the world I found it or phone did ehh :/

Classics.
Contemporary fantasy/fantasy.
Biographies/memoirs.
Crime.
Horror.
Fiction.
Books with animal characters like The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle and The Plague Dogs by Richard Adams.

Don't know, lots of stuff, mainly all fiction.

I love reading! The types of books I like vary, but mainly books with fully developed characters that have gone through some sort of emotional suffering. Quirky books with dark humor. Lately I've been reading a lot of books with an animal as the main character, some good, some not so good. I'm on Plague Dogs right now, and it's a really good book but a slow read.

Latest posts

Back