3 Paths to Personal Growth

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Innersky23

Reaction score
Self development as defined is the activities that improve awareness and identity, develop talents and potentials, contribute to the realization of dreams and aspirations, builds employability and enhance way of life. The process does not only limit to a certain aspect but it covers a wide range of topics that includes formal and informal activities for the development of individuals. Self development is the exploration of one’s own self. Self development begins when we transcends the negative qualities we in ourselves and change them into positive one.

Self development is the process of assessing, reflecting and taking actions to our own doings. It sometimes provides information and support groups for people with similar problems join together and interact with each other. There are many self help movements and each of them functions differently.

Some of the self help movement known even today is from George Combes ‘‘Constitution’’ that focuses mainly on personal responsibility and possibly natural self sanctioned improvement through proper education and practice. Another self help movement is known as support groups. These support groups provide nonprofessional and professional help to its members. The help may be in the form of providing and evaluating relevant and timely information, relating one’s own experience and giving sympathetic help to one another. Other support groups may even offer counselling and self development seminars. Another self help you can apply is simply asking the help or advice of your friends, family or those people you trust. With their help and support you can set your goals and step by step achieved them. Allowing other people to help you is a healthy way to improve yourself.

The way to achieve self development through understanding one’s own self, realizing own potentials and knowing your strength. When you think that you have fully understood yourself then it’s time to show the world who the new you is. All you have to do is boost yourself with confidence and optimism. Remember, nobody knows yourself more than you do. Keep that spirit high and soar.

Ive attented support groups most of my adulthood life.
Somewhere alone the line at an early age i knew something wasnt right.

Im also exmilitary. Im also a musicain. Im not new to the idea of self discipline.
I also grew up with christain beliefs and bsckgrounds.

I applied the principle and rules the adults in my life told me..yet I still
didnt have lasting results or feel never good enough or done enough.

Most of my recovery is based on de programming, Let go of old ideas and unworkable
beliefs. The beliefs and ideas that was in grained into me..all of the good morals and values.

Not only until recently that i can across this idea and beliefs.
" IM PERFECT, COMPLETE and WHOLE already. MY SELF WORTH.
There's nothing wrong with me.
I dont need to earn wings, a medel of horon to get into heaven or promotion.

If the adult that raised me told me from the day i was borned that..
"I'M WHOLE, COMPLETE and PERFECT already. There's nothing wrong with me,
I would surely have it ingrained in my mind. Believe in it and live my life accordingly.

So when Im simply just trying to develope a skill such as painting, playing music
or social interaction,,it's would be like develpoing any sklls such as palying a vedio
game....It's not dire nor will even define me....they're just prefernce of skills
I wish to develope....it has nothing to do with myself worth.
I'M PERFECT, COMPLETE and WHOLE already...the rest are just perfences in
how i chose to live my life or express myself.

It's like playing the victim or playing ILL....
Its like attending AA/NA and saying Im sick over and over again. And I'll never be cured...
Thats why it's call working the PROGRAM...I'll get progam to believe that way if Im
fed the informations over and over and saying it to myself over and over again....

Why in the hell would I need to work on myself to grow...
I have to be very careful now I process this...becuase if I need to grow the fresia up...it means Im not good enough
and there's something wrong with me..acrroding to whome the hell that wants to control me and tell me how to live.

A ssed has all the ingredence of turing into an oak tree already. It has all the inner knowingness already.

Huge differnce in...
Learning to love myself and REMEMBER to love love myself.
Remembering myself comes natraullly...because i was borned with it already and dont need to work for it.
Loving myself is not a protental....
At the core of my self esteem or self worth.

It's true, 'self improvement' is about fixing something that you believe is wrong in you. It implies improving something.

However, if you change the context of the term, and call it ' self development' you will end up with an entirely new meaning.

In other words, you'll realize that you're complete, perfect, and whole BUT you can also develop yourself in many ways as to become all you can be...regarding your life goals. :)

Self worth and self esteem is the samething.
Why would you need to work on something that you already have?

If anything it's just removing a blindefold, delusions, vails, barriors or darkness....
Its simply just awearness.

Discover myself or uncover something???? Self actualizations.

A thousand dallor bill dosnt loose it's value even if you stump on it,crumble it,
or even rip it apart then tape it back together. It's still worth a thousand dallor.

If you know you're complete, perfect, and whole already.
You're coming from a place of fullfilment.An umlimited supply of it.
It would change the motives of your actions ,especailly when interacrting or socializing with others.
The priase seeking, love earning, aprroval seeking, being a doormat, getting manipulated,
the desperartions would stop. You would spend alot less time and energy wondering
if you're good enough...that's for sure. You'll simply wont worry so much of what others
might say or think about you too.
And if when others dosnt accept you for who you are...you'll simply wont take it as a rejection.
You're perfect, complete and whole already...you can stand on your own two feet.
You trust in yourself...again or remember to trust in yourself. Its something you are borned with.

People in recovery speaks of a hole they have inside of them.
An emptiness they feel in thier hearts. They repeat this information/beliefs over
and over again..like a conagtious disease. Other runs on this idea and beliefs.
The samething happens in religion. Ask Jesus to come into my heart to fill that void.
As children...a lot of people got that ingrain into thier heads.

Im worth more than a billion bucks...I know this :)

Latest posts

Back