Why does the heart create such a delirious illusion?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Blue_Eyed_Symphony

I'm too messed up for a relationship. I'm TOO ******* anxious all the time. I get depressed easily thinking about honeysuckle in my life. But sometimes, somehow someone gets past this **** guard over my pulsating heart (I fall for them) then somehow, I ruin things. Unlike a lot of people, I don't blame all of my relationship issues on the other guy (unless it is specifically his fault) because I know all of this is something that I have to come to terms with myself. Just sucks. Where is a bag of skittles when I need it!?!

I'll bring the sourpatch kids and skittles :D

In all seriousness, I hope you feel better soon. *hug*

Edit: For not being constructive

Blue_Eyed_Symphony said:
I'm too messed up for a relationship. I'm TOO ******* anxious all the time. I get depressed easily thinking about honeysuckle in my life. But sometimes, somehow someone gets past this **** guard over my pulsating heart (I fall for them) then somehow, I ruin things. Unlike a lot of people, I don't blame all of my relationship issues on the other guy (unless it is specifically his fault) because I know all of this is something that I have to come to terms with myself. Just sucks. Where is a bag of skittles when I need it!?!

well, my problems with depression have definitely been a factor in my last broken relationship... but, at the same time, my then g/f had serious, serious anxiety problems, and stopped taking her drugs a year before she left. Both of our mental instability's were a factor in the break-up. The way I see it, you have two major choices. First, start seeing a therapist and get your anxiety and depression under control before you begin dating again, or two, get comfortable with the fact that you not only have anxiety/depression problems and that they will result in relationship difficulty's. They are each viable options in my opinion... only you really know which one to choose... most likely, I would do both. Actually, I have done both. I'll just use myown life as a case study... my ex... we'll just say call her A-.... well, A- and i discussed her anxiety, and how it affects her, and what I could do to help her more when her anxiety's got to high. The problem here, was that I did not always remember that she had huge anxiety problems, and sometimes I found it difficult to decipher what was going on taht she would suddenly get all.... weirded out... and then, I would get depressed, down on myself, and internalize everything and not communicate with her. As a result of that, she would go crazy thinking that I was thinking bad things, she would get nervous that I was thinking about leaving her, and she would flip out....so yeah, not a good combo... now that I write this out, I will slightly retract what I previously wrote. In my opinion, you should definitely see a therapist, if your depression and anxiety is that bad where it is obviously causing problems. I love therapy..... you should to. Think of it as an opportunity to learn about yourself... you get a chance to make yourself a better person, and a therapist can help you to achieve that.....

as with all relationships, communication is by far the most important thing. you really have to explain to your g/f or b/f what is going on. Be open, and be honest....

ahaikulife said:
Blue_Eyed_Symphony said:

well, my problems with depression have definitely been a factor in my last broken relationship... but, at the same time, my then g/f had serious, serious anxiety problems, and stopped taking her drugs a year before she left. Both of our mental instability's were a factor in the break-up. The way I see it, you have two major choices. First, start seeing a therapist and get your anxiety and depression under control before you begin dating again, or two, get comfortable with the fact that you not only have anxiety/depression problems and that they will result in relationship difficulty's. They are each viable options in my opinion... only you really know which one to choose... most likely, I would do both. Actually, I have done both. I'll just use myown life as a case study... my ex... we'll just say call her A-.... well, A- and i discussed her anxiety, and how it affects her, and what I could do to help her more when her anxiety's got to high. The problem here, was that I did not always remember that she had huge anxiety problems, and sometimes I found it difficult to decipher what was going on taht she would suddenly get all.... weirded out... and then, I would get depressed, down on myself, and internalize everything and not communicate with her. As a result of that, she would go crazy thinking that I was thinking bad things, she would get nervous that I was thinking about leaving her, and she would flip out....so yeah, not a good combo... now that I write this out, I will slightly retract what I previously wrote. In my opinion, you should definitely see a therapist, if your depression and anxiety is that bad where it is obviously causing problems. I love therapy..... you should to. Think of it as an opportunity to learn about yourself... you get a chance to make yourself a better person, and a therapist can help you to achieve that.....

as with all relationships, communication is by far the most important thing. you really have to explain to your g/f or b/f what is going on. Be open, and be honest....
Well the thing is that I already take 20mg Prozac and I also take Abilify every single day BUT those mediations don't stop really really bad memories that have became events in my life ( I was actually diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). But this is my first time ever really getting help so its new to me. I am in therapy. I started last month. Every two weeks. I know its really soon because the medication hasn't had time to take full affect on me because I haven't been taking it that long. I just got on it last month. It was just hard at first accepting that I'm 18 and starting my new life on meds and therapy BUT I know that it is good for me and that I will continue it. Thanks for advice though :)

I am sure you know this already, but in case you don't, med's will not make you happy, they just make you undepressed (is that a word? lol). Therapy can help you to be happy and to be able to better understand your anxiety and depression issues... After trying many different therapists, for the first time I found a really good therapist in january. I have been on meds for about 6 years or so, but she has actually helped me to understand my depression like no other therapist has, and, as a result, I have reduced the rate on my rx's..... :)

Latest posts

Back