Is being shy harder for a guy or girl

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan

Reaction score
I say this because as a guy i feel its harder cus guys are expected to do the approaching and initiate things. Or maybe am thinking narrow minded. If a girl is in a bar or anywhere else for that matter as long as she looks presentable guys will approach her. For a guy it more difficult cus if your shy you dont stand a chance. Love to hear others views on this issue

Nathan

Why even make a distinction between the sexes like this?

Shyness is equally hard for BOTH men and women.

The whole single scene is awkward for everyone.
Even if you had been in many relationships.

Dating women or hitting on women is a diminishing SKILL.
Its all about exposure and a learning curve.
You'll simply have to take the body first then the mind will follow.

What benifit and helped me.
Im not a public speaker but Ive been attending support groups
for over 20 years. Sometimes I talk about really personal stuff
in front a group of people...men and women. It helps me to not
worry about being judged.

I was also a procurment manager for years. Most of my sale peaple were women. I simply had to interact with them everyday on the phone,email, or lunch...mix in a little bit of bussiness and pleasure. Im constantly negociating with these women...
So when it comes to sex..its almost lke a bussiness deal.
Lots of trust, demands, jumping through the hoops to make
honeysuckle happens...you make it happen. Thats why I was a manager.
Sometimes honeysuckle dont happen so easily..not without working
through alot of problems. Correcting mistakes and applogiozing
to my sale people. I was held accountiable for everything. Even
with my boss and clients. My boss didnt wanna hear honeysuckle...other
than everything was going fine.lmao

At the sametime. I also had to tell alot of my salepeople "NO".
"Sorry babes...But Im already in bed with this other chick on this particular project"lol
Some would try to change my mind more than others. Some makes me better offers and all kind of honeysuckle.
Bussiness eithic or personal ethic..Its all the same.
Sometimes tell them..."you went and messed up...Please take corrective measures, Sweetie.lmao
" I'll go fucken across the street if you dont work with me and that's that....I have the other *****(clients) thats totally demanding
on the other line too...if you really wanna know. She wants her honeysuckle and she wants it NOW!!!! yestersday."LMAO

It's building a relationship or partnership.
So Im not afriad to ask these women for what I want and need.
None of them will leave extra money on the table.lmao

Of course these saleswomen are rather well dress when they
visit me or take me out to lunch. They make most of the women
that hang out in bars look like dog meat.lol
And when we have lunch...we get tired of talking about bussiness.
We talk about life, get to know each other and become friends
over the years...Some closer than others.
So in some sort of weird way...Ive gone on a sort of first couple of dates with women...by the huundreds.
One of them just have to fall in love with me.lol..Of course it would happen...it's all in the odds and numbering.
Emotionally....women will always tugg at my emotions.

So if you're just a guy trying to hit on chicks....
You have this challenge of simple exposure of actaually
talking and enteracting with variety of women CONSISTENTLY.
It's just simple actual enteraction time....No matter where you get your tips, advices or intructions
of how to hit on women. You simple just going to have to put all the theories to the test.
Apply all tips you have been given. You'll simply go through a learning curve and make corrections
as you go..If you are persistent of putting yourself out there and going out.
It's like a fucken chore sometimes. You dont meet women everyday nor are presented with good opportunities.
Sometimes the fish arnt always biting. Other times you simple just need to find different places to hunt for different
games....If you approch it like that...you're not going to take it so personal...with the shy guy, nice guy, badboys... Bullshit.

I simply sit at a bar counter...near the ordering sections.
Variety of women well come to the bar counter and I'll talk
to them. Some will even buy me drinks and hang out with me...

Rather than trying to talk to her and introduce myself to her
in front a group of strangers.
It just depends...some chicks will be with just one of her gf.
I'll take my chances on that becuase it's less awkward for
me and them....

Ive also had women separated themselve fron thier groups
of friends just to get to know me. If she's interested...she'll
make some sort of attemp to make herself more avaliable to me.
It's exposure and the time Ive spent playing the fields to notice stuff like this too...

nathan said:
I say this because as a guy i feel its harder cus guys are expected to do the approaching and initiate things. Or maybe am thinking narrow minded. If a girl is in a bar or anywhere else for that matter as long as she looks presentable guys will approach her. For a guy it more difficult cus if your shy you dont stand a chance. Love to hear others views on this issue

Nathan

but at the same time, isn't it more acceptable for men to be loners than it is for women?

.. I am also a strong believer that there aren't "really" differences between genders, but I subscribe more to the idea that there are personality types that encompass both men and women..

I think it is equally hard for both genders, though maybe in slightly different ways because of society's expectations and norms.
Speaking as an introverted woman, one of the things I find hard about being shy is that women are still seen as the more sociable gender. We are supposed to draw people out, to put them at their ease, to be more chatty than men. I can't do these things, though I try very hard to think of things to talk about.
As you say, Nathan, men are still seen as the ones who make the first approach, which is so hard for shy men.
It is largely society's expectations which causes the differing problems which shyness can cause for men and for women.

I think Shyness effects Men more. Guys can get really sweaty and act all weird. I have never seen that even in the shyest of Girls (Around my area that is) As for feeling shy, I guess we all can~

I would argue it's tougher for the guy, because there is an archaic societal norm that the guy does the chasing. Before I cast off my shyness, I would never have been even looked at. Now I can 'hunt' where i want. I have seen even the most shy of girls get hit on.

I'd definitely say for guys. That's a fact. The whole world is against you. That's a fact. :(

I 've looked at the data, I have some charts, and I wrote a paper on it and got an A+, so I know these things.

I think in different ways, and to what degree of shyness.

I think it's harder for dating for guys, if you are shy, but harder overall for women in other areas other than relationships.

Though this thread is almost a year old, I would have to say shyness isn't gender-based. Neither is dating difficulty. Just because it's hard for one person, doesn't mean it's like that for every member of that gender. Because I could say the same about myself, I didn't really start dating anyone until I was about 20? 21? Fully grown, out of high school. And let's not forget what I've told in a post before, about the kid in high school being just downright mean to me, knowing that I liked him, calling me and asking me out, only for his father to have him call me back and apologize to me the very next morning. I knew what the kid had against me, and it was because I'm fat.

Siiiigh. I'm sorry that people are having trouble with their reading comprehension.
I'll just repeat what I said, because it stands repeating:

"I'd definitely say for guys. That's a fact. The whole world is against you. That's a fact.

I 've looked at the data, I have some charts, and I wrote a paper on it and got an A+, so I know these things."

Data and charts for what? For just those peoples? Sure, that's real reliable for 7 billion people...

And if your post was sarcasm, it wasn't clicking for me, sorry.

Who's to say what's harder for males or females? I'm tired of these gender based questions (Don't point out the obvious that I didn't have to respond, please).

Sarah_Lbnz said:
"I'd definitely say for guys. That's a fact. The whole world is against you. That's a fact.

I 've looked at the data, I have some charts, and I wrote a paper on it and got an A+, so I know these things."

Since you can never feel what the other person is feeling, all you have is a persons perspective on this matter, and how is this proof for anything? Oh yeah sure, I'm guessing statistically it may favor one side or the other, but unless it's 100% (in which case, it's mostly barely over half) this does not speak for all.

9006 said:
Who's to say what's harder for males or females? I'm tired of these gender based questions.

I agree, especially the males vs females questions such as this. And how would it help you anyway?

The 'ask the guys' or 'ask the girls' threads have merit if you want an opinion or understanding, but not sure what the point of these 'vs' threads is apart from usually ending in bad feeling and sometimes people leaving.

57% of statistics are made up on the spot...

... Including that one. And this one.

VanillaCreme said:
57% of statistics are made up on the spot...

... Including that one. And this one.

99.37364% would agree.

Latest posts

Back