if u get depressed over being single

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melroc

Reaction score
Everyone in here that carries The burden of being alone forever, we are all more amazing than the world gives us credit for

It takes the strength and courage of a lion to go through thus life, alone, seeing everyone around us happy and in love, while we have nothing to show for.

But it takes the strength and courage of a lion to do what we do everyday.
to go a whole day without killing others, hurting ourselves, etc
it may seem minuscule, but its huge!
there may not be a God or reward for us after we die, but we die with honor.
we play this life in hard more, and we cry and writhe in pain

But every day that we get through, is one more day the world didn't want us to survive.

Yeah... we, lonely people, are really strong. We fight every day against something much bigger than us - The whole world, which i'm not part of it, neither you are...

Melroc-I find your post very helpful and inspiring. One of the best I have read.

Being in a relationship can end up making your life a million times harder than being alone.

Bob Arctor said:
Being in a relationship can end up making your life a million times harder than being alone.

True.
And it can also make your life a million times more wonderful than being alone.

ladyforsaken said:
Bob Arctor said:

True.
And it can also make your life a million times more wonderful than being alone.

yes, relationships are "harder" than not being in one. But they are worth it. and I am saying this freshly heartbroken. Sharing your love with somebody else is the most wonderful feeling in the world. I miss giving gifts to people that I love. It is so cool, to see your SO open up a gift, and sparkle with joy, and to see them smile, and to know that you caused that... it is beautiful as hell

The pains and depression of isolating myself was telling me to get up off of my ass.
There's a reason for everything...and that would be the reason.
Forever how long it would take for me to sit in my own bullshit and smell it..that's how long it would take.
Envy will always fresia me up and lead me into self pity....
From time to time I could settle for sulitute of being alone without anyone to answer to.

The thing of it is...I had to answer to me.
Get honest with myself...Listen to myself. It wouldnt hurt so god **** much if i truely
wanted to be alone...wouldnt it????
My will and ego is very strong especailly when Im standing in my own way.
Sometimes...i just gotta get humble and get the fresia out of my own way and do whats best for me.
Im my own worst enemy and I take my ownself hostage. It wasnt the world...It was always me. i aint fooling no one.
Playing my own victim is a hell of a thing....i can easily live in denial of that.

I dont want a cookie for being miserable..ffs

I agree to an extent but in the end it's always us who choose to accept being alone. It's not conquering the world or changing other's views about us. It's about conquering ourselves and changing our ways.

Wouldn't it take more courage to step up and try to build a strong social circle for as long as you live? Would you rather live a life full of surprises and goof ups trying to get into a girl's/guy's pants than to stay put and accept loneliness?

Sorry it's that I just did some exercise and I'm about to go out and play soccer in a bit. Yes I did wake up this morning wishing I was dead with my current situation. Perhaps I have mood swings.

Doesn't matter how much u try
some people are just destined to be alone
I Am, and I tried more than enough
lol if someone tries to challenge it, u don't know me ev

For a lonely forum, people here sure sound like they got it together and know everything.

I agree. Life is harder for Singles I think. It would be one reason why people try to get into relationships as soon as they fall out of them. As if to say they cannot handle being alone. For some though, it's fine. I am happily Single :)

Not everyone that comes on here are virgins.

Aint trying to change no one....especially melroc.
It's a waste my time, life and energy.

Been in plenty of relationships with hot chicks...
Partners come and go..not only becuase it was my fualt or the lack of trying.
Sometimes they died. Other times they get Ill. Other times they make poor decisions.

Met a totally hot chick the other night..She has her living challenges (Her bf just died.),
pains and depressions.
She said "self pity got her nowhere" through whatever life threw at her.
I wanna get into her cookies...rather than to stair at the 4 walls and justified why I'll get depressed.

melroc said:
For a lonely forum, people here sure sound like they got it together and know everything.

Some lonely people try to stay positive and keep it together for their own good and their own sanity. Not everyone has to dwell in misery just because life sucks for them right? If you want change, it has to start with you. Of course the results won't come magically and instantly. Everything takes effort.

I can say life sucks for me now. But I choose not to see it that way and make changes so that it won't suck anymore soon. I'll be hopeful for something good to happen. In the meantime, choosing to be in control, is actually so much easier and better than choosing misery.

melroc said:
Everyone in here that carries The burden of being alone forever, we are all more amazing than the world gives us credit for

It takes the strength and courage of a lion to go through thus life, alone, seeing everyone around us happy and in love, while we have nothing to show for.

But it takes the strength and courage of a lion to do what we do everyday.
to go a whole day without killing others, hurting ourselves, etc
it may seem minuscule, but its huge!
there may not be a God or reward for us after we die, but we die with honor.
we play this life in hard more, and we cry and writhe in pain

But every day that we get through, is one more day the world didn't want us to survive.

Well said! I totally agree!

And I believe that we deal with a piece of hell that we have in our mind and the pain that we have in our hearts.

ladyforsaken said:
melroc said:

Some lonely people try to stay positive and keep it together for their own good and their own sanity. Not everyone has to dwell in misery just because life sucks for them right? If you want change, it has to start with you. Of course the results won't come magically and instantly. Everything takes effort.

I can say life sucks for me now. But I choose not to see it that way and make changes so that it won't suck anymore soon. I'll be hopeful for something good to happen. In the meantime, choosing to be in control, is actually so much easier and better than choosing misery.

Also! Some of us are not lonely. We're just here to help and make peoples lives that little bit better ^_^

It's a strange feeling, to feel like you're living off the grid. To feel a disconnect between you and your species, even though you're very clearly a human being and may even have a strong support system around you. Life doesn't care though, and you can never shut your emotions off. We have stress for a reason. Stress is nature's way of telling you that something is wrong, and if you listen to it, it has an amazing story to tell. I never make huge changes. I take small strides and try to do a little better each time...and if occasionally becoming unhinged and cursing the world makes it hurt less, I think that's okay. You can find dignity in this type of suffering, but it'll never be easy.

Gutted said:
ladyforsaken said:
melroc said:

Also! Some of us are not lonely. We're just here to help and make peoples lives that little bit better ^_^

Agreed!

I'm used to being a caregiver so was giving love to others. Both my ex and my son. Now my son has grown up and is on his own and I'm very alone and very lonely. Somedays I wonder if life is worth living. The same thing everyday, same computer and same 4 walls. I find the time long and lonely. Especially when my son is not online. I hate going anywhere alone also. It feels awkward and things close in around me. When going to a restaurant it's like people are staring at me as the odd person out. I know that they're not, just feels that way though. It's the most uncomfortable feeling.

Among the Sleep said:
It's a strange feeling, to feel like you're living off the grid. To feel a disconnect between you and your species, even though you're very clearly a human being and may even have a strong support system around you. Life doesn't care though, and you can never shut your emotions off. We have stress for a reason. Stress is nature's way of telling you that something is wrong, and if you listen to it, it has an amazing story to tell. I never make huge changes. I take small strides and try to do a little better each time...and if occasionally becoming unhinged and cursing the world makes it hurt less, I think that's okay. You can find dignity in this type of suffering, but it'll never be easy.

I really like this.

Also, being lonely and choosing solitude has made me reach more deeply into my spiritual practice. I noticed that in all of the texts and teachings I've come across, there is nothing that says that life is easy. Nothing. But there's lots on striving towards the simple life, or simplifying one's life. Small, simple strides are huge in creating massive change. I realize this now, seeing that I've made my life more complicated by the multiple stresses I created and/or maintained for myself.

Latest posts

Back