Who Else Needs A Job?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gutted

Reaction score
For some reason, I find it very very hard to get and keep a job. The only jobs that I managed to get to date, were two temporary/insecure jobs that ended suddenly (Not as a result of being fired) At the time though, they were not portrayed as this at all. Otherwise I'd have looked for other jobs.

Now I arks you! (Yes arks) Am I alone in this situation? Or do other Lonely Life Chums have a similar issue? I can't help but think that I will be a minority, which is great for you workers! I'm happy for the working people. But also envious. I wanna job! Lol >.<'

I wasn't working for 10 years because my ex had a job that paid well enough for me to stay home with the kids. After I was on my own, it took me a year to find a job, but I've been working for 15 months now.

However, I have been looking for a second job and can't seem to find one. Sucks when you have nothing to put on your resume. Most people want experience and I don't have any. Hopefully the job I have now will open some doors for me.

Gutted said:
For some reason, I find it very very hard to get and keep a job. The only jobs that I managed to get to date, were two temporary/insecure jobs that ended suddenly (Not as a result of being fired) At the time though, they were not portrayed as this at all. Otherwise I'd have looked for other jobs.

Now I arks you! (Yes arks) Am I alone in this situation? Or do other Lonely Life Chums have a similar issue? I can't help but think that I will be a minority, which is great for you workers! I'm happy for the working people. But also envious. I wanna job! Lol >.<'

Trust me, I CAN relate

Doing well so far due to a combination of experience and education and being in the right area.

I haven't even had the opportunity to have a job since I moved to this country, I'm still a few months away from even being able to possibly obtain one. By then I will have been here for 2 years. I'm still hoping I can get one later this year, but this area is so isolated and jobs are filled so quickly, who knows what will happen.

I need a job. Applied pretty much everywhere in the city only to end up with not even an courtesy automated decline notice.

Show me your resume when I get home today bunny. Illl help you tweak it.

I'm still looking, I was promised a job but they never called... I go to interviews but found nothing.

Finished my fashion internships and now I'm looking for a real job in New York. Trying to get people to believe that you are worth something is difficult. I've been looking for 2 months now, and applying to almost everything I can apply for. I have a meeting with a fashion recruiter next week... We'll see how it goes. :/

I might be looking for a job towards the end of this year.

I don't want to mooch off my parents too much.

It SUCKS BIG TIME not having a job. I was out of work for about 15 years (depression, lack of opportunity). I'm in work now, but just starting to think, I am better than this, I have to work my B******Ks OFF everyday, take crap from all kinds of people who don't have half the intelligence I have AND get paid a fraction of the amount some of the managers get, who spend most of their time stating the bleeding obvious.
Rant over.

you dont want to be a manager... you get even stupider bosses

thats just how the hierarchy of stupid goes

the stupider you are, the higher up you get...
go nuts

Correction: depends on the work culture. you cannot tell just by size...

In a lonely place said:
It SUCKS BIG TIME not having a job. I was out of work for about 15 years (depression, lack of opportunity). I'm in work now, but just starting to think, I am better than this, I have to work my B******Ks OFF everyday, take crap from all kinds of people who don't have half the intelligence I have AND get paid a fraction of the amount some of the managers get, who spend most of their time stating the bleeding obvious.
Rant over.

I had a volunteer job at a youth center once in which the boss man had me doing all of HIS work (getting grants, putting together fundraisers, etc.) all the while sitting on his butt and using the fact that he was legally blind and a rowing champion to get good publicity from the press. Spent half the summer toting around donation material on public transportation getting it from people's houses to the center. It was total hell!

All the while, the owner was just ordering me around, playing nice with the reporters, and screwing my mom's friend (which somehow made him think I would see him as a friend of the family...)

I'd probably still be there if I was getting paid, but eventually I figured if he thought of me as a free mule, he could bite me.

Since I left, that place is looking towards being closed down because he can't keep up with his rent on the property :p Guess he should have paid me, huh?

But I agree, I'd rather have a shitty job than be jobless.

I can relate. Not for myself but for my daughter who applied for approximately 40 jobs and most of the employers did not bother to send even a reply. She applied for poodle "shampooner" in her desperation a part time job at a kennel. No reply. She finally got lucky in child care and old people's homes. It's low pay and long hours but it's work that is appreciated by those who receive the care.

My son's friend got work done through this place. market reasearch for his idea about something. Maybe it's work for someone here? http://www.freelancer.com/

It's Ironic. Around my area, older people always seem to say how they're discriminated against with work. It's an excuse that people like my Mum use to not bother to look for work. However, statistics (and the fact that most young people that I know are unemployed or are doing something short term just to get by) show that it is young people who are discriminated. Almost every job that i see asks for experience. Also, the News have said about 50 times that unemployment for young people is up to an all time high. To conclude, we're all having trouble! x]

I'd imagine it's because it's young folks with no experience. Why waste time and money training someone when you can just find some poor middle-aged schmuck hit by the recession to do the work he already knows how to do? Most people are so desperate for money they'll work minimum wage if it means they won't be penniless. It makes a hard competition for those of us who have no work experience. Best thing to do is get a lot of volunteer work done.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
I'd imagine it's because it's young folks with no experience. Why waste time and money training someone when you can just find some poor middle-aged schmuck hit by the recession to do the work he already knows how to do? Most people are so desperate for money they'll work minimum wage if it means they won't be penniless. It makes a hard competition for those of us who have no work experience. Best thing to do is get a lot of volunteer work done.

Indeed. Hopsfox posted a very helpful thread about volunteer opportunities, it's certainly worth looking into if you can find any where you live. Also might even help with your work-related networking.

Her thread:
http://www.alonelylife.com/thread-volunteer-organizations-around-the-world

Yeah that's what I do. I do Gardening & DIY Volunteering with a charity called BTCV. Had about 4 of my mates join me a few times too. It's not a field if work that I especially want to work in. But it beats doing nothing all of the time x] Also good for networking and self esteem I think :D

Latest posts

Back