Is there such thing as bipolar loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbeyroad92

Reaction score
I want to start off by saying that I am not bipolar in any way. However, I feel like my feelings of loneliness are. Sometimes I feel alone during the day, but a simple conversation with someone can make those feelings go away. And even when I do feel a little lonely during the day, it's pretty minimal. At night, just before I fall asleep, it's a different story. I often find myself unable to fall asleep just thinking about how lonely I am and how much I hate that I've been single my whole life. I find myself imagining that I'm in a relationship with an amazing girl, only to snap back to reality and realize how honeysuckle I actually feel. I think it's crazy that at night I think things to myself like that I might have to resort to suicide at some point in the future, only to wake up without these feelings. This cycle repeats all the time. The one thing I have learned through my experience is that keeping your mind occupied is the best cure for loneliness. Even if school work is the only thing keeping me occupied, at least I feel like I have a purpose in life and goals that I want to achieve. If I let my mind have too much free time, the loneliness takes over. IMO boredom feeds loneliness.

The only cure Ive found when i wanna be with a girl...I go be with a girl.
I dont over think it or over anylize it....
Of course being with a girl isnt going to solve all my problems but it'll solve
my wanting to be with a girl problem.

People make it harder and complicated when throwning honeysuckle in like
it's not going solve all my problems...will no honeysuckle, sherlock holmes.

when you're hungery you go eat
When you're tired you go rest
You dont over think it when it comes to those things or do you?

When you're horney or need some loving...you go fresia and get some loving.

keeping your mind bussied with other things is ignore your freaken problems and not resolving your problem.
You apply this honeysuckle all day long in other aspect of yourself...
So when it comes to going out to meet chicks or find a GF...you're not gonna apply the same principle???

Dreams do come true...Just make it happen. Keep it simple.

It sounds like normal loneliness to me, nothing bipolar about it. I have the same feelings-an interesting or deep conversation can temporarily take away my loneliness, but it closes in on me when I am alone again. I also fantasise about being in a relationship, and about having a family-siblings and/or children. Going to sleep and waking up are two of the worst times. It all crashes in then. So don't worry that you might have bipolar loneliness-it is perfectly normal what you are feeling.

Yeah, keeping busy is a great way to keep your mind off things like that. :)
I think the time of day has an effect on everyone, and when I'm tired I know I get a little more emotional.

without reading your comments at all, technically, as long as you make a treatment for it (ie. drug) then it can become a condition.

but having read your comment... I hope that you will make things happen for yourself shortly. I can relate but cannot help you with.

MadMonkè said:
without reading your comments at all, technically, as long as you make a treatment for it (ie. drug) then it can become a condition.

As a psychology major, that's not how it works.

kaetic said:
Yeah, keeping busy is a great way to keep your mind off things like that. :)
I think the time of day has an effect on everyone, and when I'm tired I know I get a little more emotional.

I agree with this.
I think it's only natural for you to feel less lonely when you are talking to someone and more lonely at night. Night is when you start relaxing after a long day and start thinking more, so the loneliness is bound to hit you harder then.
It's always when I stop doing stuff that it really hits me, so I try to stay as busy as I can for as long as I can.

School Work? You're only ikkle?! :O

If the answer is yes, then focus on school buddy. I tried to focus on social stuff that went on when I was in school. But I wasn't handsome, cool, or rich enough to stand out at all. I only had some respect from people because they got on with my older Brothers. Anywho, in the end, I only done average in school and I never had a Girlfriend until I finished college :p I always have and always will struggle with both Work and Relationships. You can prevent too much trouble with one of these at least lol.

Maybe try less screen time at night. I just read that a study says that it can cause depression.

This is 100% me. I cannot deny a single part of this. I have friends, I try to have a good time, and I do. Then when im in my room late at night my loneliness starts to eat me alive. I sometimes break down in tears because I am without love and never have experienced it. Hope things go well for you!

Latest posts

Back