I hate San Diego

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privatelife

Reaction score
I'm 23. The only place I ever go any more is the grocery store. I'm unemployed, have no license (nothing's good enough to motivate me to get one), live with my parents etc. The film "I, Curmudgeon" more or less sums up my feelings on everything. I'm a lonely ************. I keep a nocturnal schedule because the majority of "day people" piss me off, I hate the weather here, I've always been a night owl anyway etc. Aside from one friend who now lives far away, I'm the only one my age I know who likes old post-punk, punk, no wave, new wave etc. bands like Joy Division, Bauhaus, Teenage Jesus and the Jerks, Lydia Lunch, GG Allin, Boyd Rice, Oingo Boingo etc. but I've become so bitter and lonely I hardly give a honeysuckle about music anymore anyway. I stopped going to concerts years ago because all it ever did was reinforce my loneliness and waste money. The only meager income I've managed is shitty online transcription work through Mechanical Turk. I've been on countless interviews but no matter how fake/pleasant/outgoing/ etc. I act, feed them lines etc., I'm sure my contempt shines right through. I more or less hate/am bored with everything. I also now get sick of anything new within a week. If I've already done it, it's boring. Furthermore, writing this doesn't accomplish honeysuckle.

Hello and welcome to ALL,

You prefer honest answers and getting to the point? If you find new things boring. Try this old one. Help other people by volunteering. Help your family, surprise them? Go abroad? Are you applying for night jobs? I'm sorry to hear you are lonely. Why do you feel so aggressive towards people in general?

Anyhow, as you no doubt noticed since you regged here :) Folks here are really amazing at finding solutions and showing both compassion and/ or telling you truths or showing you perspectives

What part of SD do you live in?
Wow...It's one of most beautiful city you can live in. Straight cross the board.
but..yeah theres certain parts in any cities thats a bit dirty and crammed.
At 23 and unemployed....shouldnt you at least go to PB or sunset cliffs and be a beach bum?
but that would mean u gatta see daylight....
Yeah, it sounds borning becuase you done it all. Life is pretty fast living in cities.
Kindda slow with no ride and no doe....though.
To the store and back....that's not living the SD life Style...man.
You can do that anywhere....even in a small town.

Have you tried Temp work service???
There's plenty of jobs in SD compair to the rest of the country.
Might not be the greatest paying but it'll help you get a license and a car.

Have you thought about going camping for a week?
Or just take one of those bus out of the city for a day.
To get out of the city..see trees, the forrest...ect
A change of pace to help clear your mind.

I parttied too freaken hard everytime i go to SD.lol
Lived there for a year...i know it can get to you...if you dont have grips of money and a ride.

Bauhaus and Joy Division? Fine taste, sir.

Unfortunately there is little advice that I can offer you unless you can find something that interests you and maybe that you are even passionate about. Pursuing higher education is always a good place to start, especially as you can get assistance from the government in doing so, but I don't know your individual circumstances. All you can do otherwise is to keep trying to find a job and to set a goal for yourself, however small or large. Even if it's just to get out of San Diego within x number of years.

I hate where I live too. It is the State that made me miserable and depressed. So I am hoping that I can leave. Not that anything like that will keep me from killing myself, but it is worth a shot right? So I know exactly how you feel. I only do things these days to keep up appearances. I guess I had better save up $1000 so I can buy ski gear and stuff. Oh well, whatever... it does not matter to me anymore.

Like you said nothing is accomplished by posting or replying. I am just going to spiral into suicide. The only advice I can give you is to move away from your current city. That might help, I personally avoid California like the plague.

I wish they can all be California Girls :p

[youtube]Z5fu-G-iOUo[/youtube]
[youtube]zzSa6wAJl54[/youtube]
[youtube]H_7w7ppUeY4[/youtube]

California does not have a monopoly on hot girls. There are plenty over here where I live. Why do you think that I go to a gym that is a 20 to 35 minute drive from my apartment when there is one that is literally across the street?

exactly....theres chicks everywhere. Theres life everywhere.
It's definitely not San Degio that sucks.

SD is huge city. There's always something to do.
Different things to do for everyone. Not just the beach or girls.
There's plenty pof everything else there too.
If anything that city has more resourse, opportunities, employment ,
entertainment, social atmosphere avaliable to him.
And the weather definitly dosnt suck all the time.
If anything ..it's more nice than not.
It's also kindda spread out...going 30 miles in land.

If you dont have a job or a ride...it's gonna suck.
The OP just gose to the store and back At night. That's his life style...not SD.
Thats why I asked him...where exactly dose he lives in SD?
Heck he dosnt even need a car. SD has decent transit system.
He can get on a bus to the many beaches, museums and all kinds of tourist atractions if he wants to.
SD isnt a tourist destinations becuase it sucks that's for **** sure.

How in the fresia can you not make friends or get laid in a big ass city of almost 10 million?
Some people do manage it though...

The reason why I only stayed for a year was becuase i partied all the freaken time.
I went differnent places everyday and night after work. i had lots and lots of fun.
Actaully it wasnt even me that messed up...it was my friend and roomate
that got irresponsible and messed up all our rent and bill money.

AZ...its not gonna matter where you go either...you're like on this life suck,
suiecidal tendencies mission. Thats your mentality and so call faith.

Barbaloot said:
Bauhaus and Joy Division? Fine taste, sir.

Unfortunately there is little advice that I can offer you unless you can find something that interests you and maybe that you are even passionate about. Pursuing higher education is always a good place to start, especially as you can get assistance from the government in doing so, but I don't know your individual circumstances. All you can do otherwise is to keep trying to find a job and to set a goal for yourself, however small or large. Even if it's just to get out of San Diego within x number of years.

Agree.

privatelife said:
I'm 23. The only place I ever go any more is the grocery store. I'm unemployed, have no license (nothing's good enough to motivate me to get one), live with my parents etc. The film "I, Curmudgeon" more or less sums up my feelings on everything. I'm a lonely ************. I keep a nocturnal schedule because the majority of "day people" piss me off, I hate the weather here, I've always been a night owl anyway etc. Aside from one friend who now lives far away, I'm the only one my age I know who likes old post-punk, punk, no wave, new wave etc. bands like Joy Division, Bauhaus, Teenage Jesus and the Jerks, Lydia Lunch, GG Allin, Boyd Rice, Oingo Boingo etc. but I've become so bitter and lonely I hardly give a honeysuckle about music anymore anyway. I stopped going to concerts years ago because all it ever did was reinforce my loneliness and waste money. The only meager income I've managed is shitty online transcription work through Mechanical Turk. I've been on countless interviews but no matter how fake/pleasant/outgoing/ etc. I act, feed them lines etc., I'm sure my contempt shines right through. I more or less hate/am bored with everything. I also now get sick of anything new within a week. If I've already done it, it's boring. Furthermore, writing this doesn't accomplish honeysuckle.

Im 5 years older and I still hate life as much as you, Ive always hated who I am, how my life is and the bullshit people in my life. I got nothing, Ive studied, Im working, Im hot and still Im alone and got nothing. I dont give a fresia about anything anymore and ur right, writing about this honeysuckle dont help.

Hey man you're not alone. I'm 18 and unemployed. I've been to a couple interviews though because other places Ive applied to have never called me back. Life can suck at times. But if you need someone to talk to im always here! I'm a night owl myself.

Hey, sounds like you really need a break! Go on a trip, the farther the better! You need a different environment to re-awaken your senses and come alive again. 23 is a wonderful age to be - don't waste it! Right now is summer, perfect time for travel. If you don't have money, just take your bicycle and a tent, and go! Bring a journal to record your thoughts and feelings... it will work! :)

I totally ******* loved your post. 2nd thing that comes up when you Google "I hate san diego." What you wrote was about 90% what I would write. Incredible. I am also trapped in this soulless consumerist cultureless wasteland. Also living with parent, in Godawful Central. Also poor and under-employed, due to a disabling illness known as Severely messed Over Human Disorder. I am also an extreme Night Owl, largely because I can't stand daytime, which illuminates The Great Hideousness. At night, one can avoid reality & the mainstream zombie hordes so much better. And while I hate being stuck in my room, when I think hard of escaping it, there is not one ******* place I would want to go to around here. (Amazing that not even 1% of this area is likeable. I have struggled to live in Seattle for years, where there are about a million different places I like, and numerous different non-lame subcultures I like, or at least respect.)

Musicwise, holyshit, I am also a post-punk freak, with zero connection to others with the same taste. The last big concert I saw, which was a LOOONG time ago, was Bauhaus, after they reunited. Every day is like living in Silent Hedges, Burning From The Inside, Antonin Artaud, & In The Night. Perfect music and lyrics for this situation.

New-music-wise, I love the insane Richard Cheese cover of "Down With The Sickness," along with the original. Helps me deal with SD.

I, Curmudgeon looks excellent. Where can I steal it online? Or am I actually going to have to pay ******* money to get it? Christ. Anything but that. I have mooched hard for my money.

Anyways. I suggest we form a gang in order to deal with SD. Find other curmudgeons and gang up on the ******! Yes!

That "Down With the Sickness" cover makes me laugh :)

Lifelong San Diegan here...almost half a century of sunshine and Santa Anas....a ******* horrible place when you're broke and depressed, I agree.

privatelife said:

There are lot of people here that like the same music you do. Many of them are in bands who can go see. There is also a very large goth and steampunk scene here that would welcome you in. Many people think only of the beach here and the douchebags of the Gaslamp and East County, but there is a lot more here than that. I am a night owl too, the heat wave has made me that way. :)

Latest posts

Back