Hi from Canada

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Montreal Skye

Hi everyone,
Newbie here. Just thought I'd say hi. I'm a gal in my forties, sigh, living in a pretty isolated area north of Montreal. I've been living here alone for the last nine years after having a work accident, I'm renting on a four-acre lot, no neighbours, which was exactly what I wanted at first...total solitude.

But this year I'm really feeling lonely. I have depression and it's creeping up despite my efforts to manage it. No friends or family, the only human contact I have is when I go shopping twice a month, saying hello and "no bag please" to the grocery clerks.

I used to be a social butterfly before the accident, but now? Well, I'm reaching out now. I hope to meet some nice people here. I think it's a good start!

Talk to you all soon,
Skye <3

Welcome Skye, i am also from canada and in my 40's. I just moved to my dream place, secluded, nature. Wow its hard, didnt think i'd feel the lonelyness so fast. Anyway my goal is to have a retreat center eventualy. The area is perfect for it. For now...or soon, i will start giving workshops and hosting sound healing and visualization evenings. Maybe that could be an insperation for you. Wether it is canning preserves, or quilting, or creating a community garden... people always like to get out of the city and be in touch with nature... just an idea. I'm glad you found us, this is by far the most supportive group i have ever found. :)

Thanks for the welcome Callie, :)

Thanks Whispers, :)...I know what you mean about the loneliness...I'm on the top of a mountain in the woods but as soon as I go outside, I feel amazing in nature. I guess our winters can be the loneliest for me, oh and the rainy days like today. I like your idea of a retreat center, for sure they are very popular up here in the Laurentiens. I hope that's a success for you!

oh my yes, i can imagine it must be breath taking !!! I personnaly like winter months, i call it hybernation lol. Time to cocoon, drink hot coco, create, learn and regenerate. Then when spring comes, i,m ready for another busy season, of planting, harvesting, workshops, etc.

I love the winter too, but I find it long to pass the time, being so isolated, on disability and alone. I definitely hibernate. I guess with the depression, I don't always have that desire to do hobbies. I do look out the window a lot though!

Hi from Canada's west side. Four acres sounds like my idea of heaven- neighbors are a pain in the ass and always want to borrow tools, etc.

Hi Lonely, yeah I agree about the neighbours. I'm happy to say my only neighbours are the critter-types! That part is heaven, but I guess being too isolated is my biggest problem. I've never been out to the West coast, I hope to visit the rest of Canada at some point, I haven't been more West than Toronto so far. The East though, I've visited everywhere.

Hi. Also from Canada here. I too am in my 40's. Live in a small city. Just moved to the city recently from a small town. Finding it hard to make friends though.

It must be nice living with nature. The scenery and the animals.

Latest posts

Back