Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love is a cruel joke
I am getting so sick and tired of searching for someone to connect to, and not being able to get anybody to respond to me. I know its a challenging task to find someone and you gotta have faith, but when no matter how much you try to reach out, how many ads you put up, people you talk to or message and no one wants to pursue you, shows interest, or want to connect with you. It can be hard not to feel so lonely, coming home to nothing but my cat. I feel like I have something I can give to someone, but I can not help but feel that I'll never get the chance. I am getting older and my kidneys could fail at any moment, I would like to feel the TRUE embraced of a partner before they do.
Oh my gosh, I can relate so well to you. I have been having the same thoughts lately, I want to feel affection and romance before it's too late. I sometimes feel desperate about it...like I won't make it before I kiss a guy again - it brings tears to my eyes. Unfortunately I can't really offer tried and true advice since I've basically lived as a hermit the last 18 years of my life and avoided people as best I could. I'm in a better place these days, and now I want that romance. I racked my brain trying to figure out how to meet people. I don't think I could handle online dating places and ads like that, the possibility of rejection is too high. For me, it's person to person only, so I'm moving back to the city, and returning to school in a year, hopefully that'll force some good social situations on me and I'll find a guy to share that embrace with. I may be wrong, but I really think that sharing interests with people gives you a better chance of really connecting. A room full of people who study what I'm studying? Maybe that'll do it. Or if I join certain clubs and associations...sorry if that doesn't really help. I just can relate to how you feel very much and I feel for you.

Skye
Thank you for your reply, and I congratulate you on at least kissing someone, that more then what I've done in love. The problem I have is if I were to go "back to school", enter a club, or etc I find it very hard at the thought of meeting someone. Besides if you are in a class/etc, why would you bother meeting someone when they are their focus is on the subject? Its complete BS.
(08-03-2012, 03:16 AM)Drew88 Wrote: Thank you for your reply, and I congratulate you on at least kissing someone, that more then what I've done in love. The problem I have is if I were to go "back to school", enter a club, or etc I find it very hard at the thought of meeting someone. Besides if you are in a class/etc, why would you bother meeting someone when they are their focus is on the subject? Its complete BS.

Sorry you think my reply was complete BS. In my opinion, people aren't always just at school to study. I think there is a social aspect to it. I'm not saying people are going back to school to hook up. That's an expensive way to date.
(08-03-2012, 03:30 AM)Montreal Skye Wrote:
(08-03-2012, 03:16 AM)Drew88 Wrote: Thank you for your reply, and I congratulate you on at least kissing someone, that more then what I've done in love. The problem I have is if I were to go "back to school", enter a club, or etc I find it very hard at the thought of meeting someone. Besides if you are in a class/etc, why would you bother meeting someone when they are their focus is on the subject? Its complete BS.

Sorry you think my reply was complete BS. In my opinion, people aren't always just at school to study. I think there is a social aspect to it.I'm not saying people are going back to school to hook up. That's an expensive way to date..

I'm not saying people are going back to school to hook up. That's an expensive way to date.

This is the funniest thing I've read today- awesome!
Thank you! Smile
You just need to get better at manipulating your chosen mate. That is all, then love will flow from him/her freely.
If suicide were not the answer. I would not constantly be thinking about it.
[Image: hpotato_otaku_kaichou_wa_maid_sama_side_...rd06-1.jpg]

Inspiration To Get In Shape... Applies to Everyone
A Huge Picture And a Smaller One. Also I call BS on your excuses
(08-03-2012, 03:30 AM)Montreal Skye Wrote:

Sorry you think my reply was complete BS. In my opinion, people aren't always just at school to study. I think there is a social aspect to it. I'm not saying people are going back to school to hook up. That's an expensive way to date.

I do not honk that your Reply is BS, in fact you have a point. I know that. The way I look at it is that I would think it would be harder to meet some one in a class/work setting if you are focus on class or work. Why would somebody try to mix the two when if you it's not the best for the reason you are there. For me it would be best to where the focus is people not a subject or a task.
When people go to school, they don't always sit there with their eyeballs strained and drying out to focus on the class. That's what Skye's point was... Sure, they focus, but having a conversation with someone isn't that far-fetched just because they're in class. You could be a valedictorian and still socialize in school. Talking to someone in class doesn't mean you lose focus of being in school. It's a social setting, is what the point was...
I can't tell you sorry I am to hear about your social problems. More so, about your kidneys. I think that the reason you are having trouble finding someone is because nobody trusts anyone any more. Some people have been hurt so many times, that they constantly have their guard up.

Don't blame yourself. Maybe you are trying too hard. I posted something about attractive men and women a long time ago. I've spoken to a lot of hot women. Quite often they are single. They feel that because they are pretty, most guys won't ask them out because they just figure that a girl that hot has to be taken, when in fact, a lot of times they aren't.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I love you!. Puddled Duck 9 740 07-05-2019, 04:18 AM
Last Post: Puddled Duck
  Broken by fictitious love (X5 in a row) Isolationsist 14 1,675 05-22-2019, 04:01 PM
Last Post: ardour
  suicidal and lonely after losing first love michaelmyers24 23 5,644 03-12-2019, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Enpatsu No Shakugan
  Is there any chance to live without love ? pinocio 28 6,523 10-21-2017, 04:41 PM
Last Post: lilE
  People lie in love? how to believe he/she loves true? Frodothelost 19 3,893 01-04-2015, 12:15 AM
Last Post: Nicholas
  i love this loneliness so much Frodothelost 6 2,574 01-02-2015, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Frodothelost
  On Love cumulus.james 27 5,258 12-17-2014, 08:47 PM
Last Post: cumulus.james
  How can I feel so lonely amongst so much love???? countryhermit 6 3,616 05-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Outcast
  Messages of Love Red914 2 1,593 10-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Red914
  Love being alone but always feel lonely socialloner 18 7,264 07-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Last Post: WallflowerGirl83