Tired with my routine life...stuck in a rut...difficult to find a job that I enjoy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Stars

Just venting really; because there isn't anyone else that can help me.

I have a decent job (and I'm ungrateful since I don't enjoy it...especially with the high unemployment rates), various hobbies, a few friends now and so on. I've always been working and working towards improvement and also do my hardest to find things to look forward to and get excited about.

Honestly, I'd love to just run away from my financial commitments (no need for advice...no one can help me and I'm trapped for the next 3 years) and travel...do fun stuff 24/7 just for a bit.
I'm young and I feel burnt out since all I've done straight out of highschool is work and work in jobs that I don't enjoy.
The thing is, there isn't really a job I can think of that I can enjoy. I've gone to career fairs, looked at school programs etc...and there isn't really anything that ignites passion in me. I think to some extent; a lot of people just go to work to work. Not everyone wakes up thrilled to go to work.
I wish I had that. :/

Well, I have it good...honestly, there are plenty of people far worse than me. I could detail my problems, but what's the point? Not going to help. I dread going to work everyday and job opportunities here are scarce. I can't afford not working.

Another thing is, I just feel a void in my life and I'm not sure what it is. I keep trying to find a way to stay excited for the next day - even the small things - but to some point, I feel empty and I don't know why.

I know what it's like to be stuck. Just hang in there and I hope things get better for you.

Enjoying your career is a luxury and I think that's something I've really struggled to accept over the years. I have an extremely boring job that takes banality to the extreme. I sit in a cubicle and stare at a screen all day, doing mathematical things and programming code. But that's not really where my head is, even when I'm there - it's just used to pay the bills, for now. I think it's important to work(I could go on about this, but it doesn't really apply here I don't think), and so I think I always will, but in my free time, I make sure to do exciting things that make me feel happy. I'm a writer and I am fully engrossed in writing and I am working towards hopefully publishing something some day.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't let your career define you - though it's pat of who you are, you are more than what you do for a living. The key to enjoying my job, for me, was to accept that I didn't have to enjoy it, and concentrate on enjoying the rest of my 8 hours, which tend to be far more under our control.

As an aside, I collect greeting cards and one of the ones I have collected says "Oh, you hate your job? There's a support group for that. It's called everybody and they meet at the bar." I'm not suggesting drinking or any sort of substance abuse but I thought it fit in with the topic.

sadface said:
Enjoying your career is a luxury and I think that's something I've really struggled to accept over the years. I have an extremely boring job that takes banality to the extreme. I sit in a cubicle and stare at a screen all day, doing mathematical things and programming code. But that's not really where my head is, even when I'm there - it's just used to pay the bills, for now. I think it's important to work(I could go on about this, but it doesn't really apply here I don't think), and so I think I always will, but in my free time, I make sure to do exciting things that make me feel happy. I'm a writer and I am fully engrossed in writing and I am working towards hopefully publishing something some day.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't let your career define you - though it's pat of who you are, you are more than what you do for a living. The key to enjoying my job, for me, was to accept that I didn't have to enjoy it, and concentrate on enjoying the rest of my 8 hours, which tend to be far more under our control.

As an aside, I collect greeting cards and one of the ones I have collected says "Oh, you hate your job? There's a support group for that. It's called everybody and they meet at the bar." I'm not suggesting drinking or any sort of substance abuse but I thought it fit in with the topic.

My job is as boring as hell. I work in a small grocery shop. It wasn't what I wanted to do but when I was younger I couldn't get a job. So it's a job and somewhere to go and the pay is okay for me.

All I think about when I'm there is hometime. I have a few good hobbies that keep me motivated. Some people live their jobs and nothing else. I am not like that.

Hobbies are the thing that keep you going. You need a passion in your life !

Yeah work wouldn't be considered work if it was too easy or fun ;)

I don't complain much, no matter what job I do.

Latest posts

Back