haunting dreams

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tomuchnothing

I wasnt quite sure where to put this so I decided to put it here because it involves lonliness for me at least.

Has anyone had a dream that continues to haunt them to this day? It would be interesting to know if anyone else has because I know I have.

My haunting dream goes like this :

I am walking along a hallway where the walls, roof and floor are all made out of broken glass and mirrors all mixed together. Lined along this hallway are people dressed on black robes with hoods pulled up hiding their faces. As I walk down this hallway the people continuously chant "born alone, live alone, die alone". I start to run to a door at the end of the hallway and as I open it the hallway disappears into blackness and I wake up.

I had this dream about 10 months ago now and the phrase born alone, live alone, die alone always comes into my mind. I know I probly had the dream because I was feeling very lonely but netherless it still haunts me to this day.

The one dream that stays as vivid as it was to me to this day is the first dream I had of my father after he passed on. Can't even describe it. But yeah..still comes back to me at times in the day, won't say that it's haunting, it's just the only dream I can remember as clearly and vividly than all the other dreams I've had.

I have always been so ignored and sidelined that for most of my life, my dreams didn't have me present in them. As an eternal observer, I literally vanished in my dreams, and usually was just a third-person camera perspective.

Great things happened with other people - adventures, loves, tragedies. I was never there. I could never affect anything, only watch and remember. It was an odd kind of powerlessness.

Its come in handy in my career as a storyteller now :)

Regards,
IO

I almost never dream and haven't really in years, but when I do they are all always strange as hell. I have been through so much that nothing in a dream can really disturb me or upset me in any way.

When I was younger I had tons of flying dreams. I still remember them to this day. They were always rather odd. In all of them there was always this thing about having to bend my legs back once I was off the ground. I must have had over 100 dreams that were all so very simular. Several involved crows I think if I recall correctly, its been a long long time.

I even had some dreams that was like stalking a gazel through the grass with my face in the grass a time or two.

When I was very young (like 1st or 2nd grade) I had tons of dreams that were basically just pictures of disjointed things. After which for years I would be walking along and suddenly feel a strong sensation of De javo(sp). As if I had been in that place before years before or seen something before years before. Like I already knew something was going to happen long before it did. I wish what ever it was would come back. It was so stange.

I've kept a dream journal for the past 3 and a half years, because I'm weird like that and like to read about what I dreamt later on... and I just picked it up and started reading it when I saw this thread, it has some nightmares in there but a lot of what I write in there doesn't make sense so I can't just put the entire entry on here but I can summarize, keep in mind my mind is very F***ed up...

August 6, 2004
It was dark and there was a violent storm going on outside and my sister runs through the door looking extremely upset saying she just hit two people in her car and killed them both, I panicked a lot and then we went to get my brother from the beach it was sunny out and he was swimming with two guys that must have been twins. Then we all went to a funeral parlor where there was a large white cushion in the center of the room with two entirely brown twisted corpses that barely resembled humans lying on it. I was terrified but my brother, my sister and my mom were all smiling. Something happened and I ended up falling into the corpses lying there on the floor and as I touched it I had a weird dream within a dream kind of thing where I watched the two corpses digging their own graves on a stormy night it was like it was being fast forwarded and they dug their graves and lay down in them and started using things that resembled arms to push the dirt into the holes. I woke up and was off the corpses, we all went home and when we were all there everyone started bursting out into laughter I kept asking "What's so funny"" over and over and they told me over waves of laughter that "they were fake, didn't you know?" I didn't feel any better I just felt unsure and an overwhelming sense of dread...

I've had a reocurring dream my whole life. as a kid they used to scare the f*ck out of me. but as an adult I learned to get use to them. as in most dreams theres some sort of moral or underlying message. but I stopped caring. any way I dream the world is coming to end. but its different every time. like if I am seeing for the first time through some one elses eyes. I can feel there panic and fear. but in the back of my mind I know that if some thing happeneds to them. I'll still be ok. other times my dreams are based in fantasy. but still through some one elses eyes. why is that wonder?

I've had a lot of dreams involving shattering my teeth or breaking them on things and then by the time I finish hunting for a mirror to see the damage I wake up. Everyone says it means I'm supposed to be rich in the future lol. **** tooth fairy where are you. Though I have good dreams sometimes I tend to remember the bad ones. The best dreams happen when I oversleep a little bit for work or school. Pure euphoria for like 5 minutes. The worst ones of all involve ex girlfriends.

snow said:
I've had a lot of dreams involving shattering my teeth or breaking them on things and then by the time I finish hunting for a mirror to see the damage I wake up. Everyone says it means I'm supposed to be rich in the future lol. **** tooth fairy where are you. Though I have good dreams sometimes I tend to remember the bad ones. The best dreams happen when I oversleep a little bit for work or school. Pure euphoria for like 5 minutes. The worst ones of all involve ex girlfriends.

Oh my god! that would be a nightmare. dreaming about an ex girl friend :( my last girl friend in perticular. just thinking about her for more then a few seconds makes me want to cry. i know that sounds guy but what can i say? im an emotional guy :p

hey man I know what you mean about thinking about ex girlfriends and wanting to cry. I feel exactly the same I

Trent9maynard46n2 said:
snow said:

Oh my god! that would be a nightmare. dreaming about an ex girl friend :( my last girl friend in perticular. just thinking about her for more then a few seconds makes me want to cry. i know that sounds guy but what can i say? im an emotional guy :p

I don't think it sounds gay at all. Women are beautiful. Sometimes so much so that just looking at them feels like your being shattered into a million pieces. The whole, being emotional is gay BS is idiotic in my mind. And honestly, I don't understand those who are gay, as if I wanted to see another guy all I have to do is look in the bloody mirror.

I get why some women like other women. I don't get why guy's like other guys. Honestly, we are hideous. Often we behave like complete idiots. Often we treat other's terribly. We are violent and hostile. To be totally honest I don't even get why all women don't just like other women.

Skorian said:
I don't think it sounds gay at all. Women are beautiful. Sometimes so much so that just looking at them feels like your being shattered into a million pieces.

Well, we do get very functional bodies with thicker blood, hypertrophy, easier muscle development, significantly larger tracheal areas(and thus oxygen intake), larger lung intake and an higher metabolic burn. We rock, we're just not too pretty to look at.

I grin. And yeah, the violence and the force is in our blood too. Like all things, its both a gift and a curse. The Beast exists in us for a reason, and it can give us strength in the most desperate of times, though its a dumb animal. An excellent servant but a poor master, as they say.

Regards,
IO

I'll tell you one thing, if all woman were to start loving each other it would give us men some thing nice to look at :p assuming they let us watch

Trent9maynard46n2 said:
I'll tell you one thing, if all woman were to start loving each other it would give us men some thing nice to look at :p assuming they let us watch

LOL
It's nice but gets boring to me after a while as I realize I'm not involved.

Anyway off-topic but while I don't think it's gay to cry about an ex, the sooner you can stamp her and the attached emotions out of your mind the better. Then the dreams will go away. After all, she is definitely not thinking of you, why would you ever give her the satisfaction!

no joke, ex's men or woman are heart less. of course we only feel that way because they dumped us. but some times I just I wish I could stick a water pump in my ear and wash out all memory of her. or even paint my pain away on canvas. then I'd punch the s**t out of it and rip my shirt off my chest and scream with anger and dispair and I'd say, YOU DID THIS TO ME!!!! but no, seriously.. hurting sucks

Hmmm I usually have unusually strange and random dreams.
However, 3 years ago, I think it was Grade 12, I had this very strange dream and it was so obscure and felt so real that it really frightened me. And I can picture it pretty clearly.
Hmm I was in an apartment with two of my best friends at the time, Danielle and Kelly. The apartment looked really shabby, lots of greyish and brownish colours. But it was a sunny day because the sunlight was pouring in from the balcony window in the adjacent bathroom.
There was a video tape on the floor and we decided to watch it. When we put it in, there was an almost commercial voice saying quite cheerfully, "are you ready to view into the real lives of young women?". Then there was a 3 second countdown. Suddenly there was all this screaming, crying and images of blood and girls hurting, cutting themselves, hanging themselves and we were alarmed so we turned it off. So all was dark again save the light from the bathroom. Then we heard crying from the bathroom. I remember feeling my heart beating so fast as I walked to the bathroom. And when I got in there, there was a man in the bathtub, but he was dressed in women's clothing and he looked very feminine...almost ambiguous to gender really but you could tell he was a man (weird description). Anywho he was also fairly young. As soon as he saw me his eyes locked with mine (and i was frightened) and he rose from the tub with little effort and saw himself in the mirror and screamed horrifically and he jumped out the balcony window and committed suicide falling many stories down into the streets. That's when I woke. I cannot get the images out of my head. It was frightening and all the screams seem so genuine to pure terror.

Latest posts

Back