Whats wrong with me?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloth4urluv

Reaction score
I cant seem to understand why no one likes me. Growing up I was overweight and ridiculed and never really accepted in any groups. Didnt have many friends and as a result I kinda detached and becam very shy having absolutely no self worth. Now that ive grown up ive lost weight and look nomral, yet I feel as if I still am not accepted or fit in. in college I had a few friends but not to many. As painfull as it was for me I forced myself to talk to people and try and make new friends, but for the most part I was ignored.

Im now 24 and have yet to have any serious relationship with any women. I cant seem to figure out what my problem is, im niether ugly or fat but I still find myself constantly rejected. Im so lonely right now I just want someone to talk to and share my feelings with but I cant. Is this they way my whole life is supposed to be, alone?

sloth4urluv said:
I cant seem to understand why no one likes me. Growing up I was overweight and ridiculed and never really accepted in any groups. Didnt have many friends and as a result I kinda detached and becam very shy having absolutely no self worth. Now that ive grown up ive lost weight and look nomral, yet I feel as if I still am not accepted or fit in. in college I had a few friends but not to many. As painfull as it was for me I forced myself to talk to people and try and make new friends, but for the most part I was ignored.

Im now 24 and have yet to have any serious relationship with any women. I cant seem to figure out what my problem is, im niether ugly or fat but I still find myself constantly rejected. Im so lonely right now I just want someone to talk to and share my feelings with but I cant. Is this they way my whole life is supposed to be, alone?

Keep trying.Some people just don't click with others.Be yourself and keep talking to people.Believe in yourself.When you feel good about yourself it shows and others can see it.

Welcome to the forum, Sloth. No, life shouldn't be this way ideally, but as you and all us know, life is hardly an idealistic experience. I believe that all of us can find something out there, whether it's a group, an individual, or what have you. By coming here, you're already connecting with people who can help you find solice and comfort. Of course, none of us can take responsibility for anyone else's happiness or sense of self worth, but we can all listen, share, and encourage.

As far as your particular experience growing up, it's unfortunate that people cast you away because of physical differences. Even now that you've slimmed down to the societal standard, I wonder how you will get rid of the years of conditioning that says you weren't good enough. It's tough; sometimes I feel very much worthless; other times I feel confident and secure. It just depends on the day, honestly.

Again, welcome, and I hope you find something here that can help you.

me myself and I said:
sloth4urluv

Keep trying.Some people just don't click with others.Be yourself and keep talking to people.Believe in yourself.When you feel good about yourself it shows and others can see it.
+1 ye, I think this is the best advice

Thanks, ill keep trying I guess. I usually dont feel so worthless when im at work or the gym, but as soon as I come home I do.

sloth4urluv said:
Thanks, ill keep trying I guess. I usually dont feel so worthless when im at work or the gym, but as soon as I come home I do.

What at home makes you feel worthless?

sloth4urluv said:
Nothing so much at home, just the fact that im alone there.

Try taking those good feelings home with you that you have when working or going to the gym.Feel good about yourself because of what you accomplished that day.

sloth4urluv said:

There your problem right there^

You have low self esteem/weak social skill my friend

I have the same problem. No one likes me either. :S
I have one friend, but she has a problem with her face. No one likes her either. I don't know if she'd be friends with me if I wasn't her last resort.
There's nothing... 'wrong' with me... but for some reason, no one really seems to like me. :'[

After talking to you for somedays i can tell you you are soooo wrong. You are handsome (a bit too slim but fine), you are nice, cool, a sweet guy, **** smart (could be a bit less lol). The american girls are blind or dumby cause you are the kind of guy that, if we dont be careful, we fall in love. Too bad im 5 years older than you :p I hope soon you will stop this bs and start being more secure about yourself. And good luck with the girl you like. I hope soon you will be together. :]

Latest posts

Back