Found Someone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew88

Reaction score
I know I have not posted on her for almost a week. It is because I have found someone that I am dating. It is quite amazing that she is close to what I was looking for. To those who have not found anyone, have faith. PM me if you want to know more

I'm sorry, but I've read over a lot of these forums and other ones, and can never take these types of posts seriously. I may come across as a bitter old twat but "Having Faith" is the most useless piece of advice I've ever heard. Almost as bad as "You'll find someone", especially when it comes from a girl you fancy. I hate pity.

I didn't say that. I simply meant I despite it when people pity me. I hate it when girls I find attractive give me pity over "finding someone". It's the worst feeling in the world.

2fresh4youx said:
I'm sorry, but I've read over a lot of these forums and other ones, and can never take these types of posts seriously. I may come across as a bitter old twat but "Having Faith" is the most useless piece of advice I've ever heard. Almost as bad as "You'll find someone", especially when it comes from a girl you fancy. I hate pity.

I understand 100%. I was there, for years. I finally had to put myself out there, and it took time. In fact, I had to hit rock bottom emotionally, before things started to turn around. I worked myself up so much that I had a panic attack. So there is always hope, even if you do not see it. I was there for a long time.

Drew88 said:
2fresh4youx said:

I understand 100%. I was there, for years. I finally had to put myself out there, and it took time. In fact, I had to hit rock bottom emotionally, before things started to turn around. I worked myself up so much that I had a panic attack. So there is always hope, even if you do not see it. I was there for a long time.

As much as I'd love to believe you, sometimes it works for people, other times it doesn't. I'm just one of those ones it'll never work for. I'm too much of a unique individual to successfully get along with anyone, let alone a woman. Been there, done that, was a complete disaster.

I've tried putting myself out there and realised that I don't get a long with people. I despise most people. Most people are humanized versions of turds. There is no sympathy left in the world anymore. I don't below to my generation. I never get along with anyone. I go ignored. I will not settle for less. I've had several women in my lifetime show interest in me and even asked me out, yet not a single one have I had a single ounce of attraction towards. I'm not asking for supermodel looks but the type of women I'm getting attention from makes me feel repulsed.

Stop derailing the thread, Fresh.

Good for you Drew, I hope it works out well. And yes, you only need faith.

Ak5 said:
Stop derailing the thread, Fresh.

Good for you Drew, I hope it works out well. And yes, you only need faith.

Derailing? I'm merely making a discussion of what he said about faith and talking about my own personal opinion/experiences of it. You do realise there is a "Success Stories" section of this website which this thread would have been far more appropriate in.

You do realize that the OP is trying to be supportive? You're doing the exact opposite. :cool:

Ak5 said:
You do realize that the OP is trying to be supportive? You're doing the exact opposite. :cool:

I never once said anything negative about his situation. I wish him all the best and hope it goes well for him. But it's just his advice I was arguing over.

2fresh4youx said:
Ak5 said:

I never once said anything negative about his situation. I wish him all the best and hope it goes well for him. But it's just his advice I was arguing over.

You're giving a bad influence in this positive, there is hope, thread. Post your own thread and rant there.

2fresh4youx said:

Why argue over it? I understand where you're coming from, but perhaps seeing that negative side of things is what the issue is. Saying that faith and whatnot is useless is advice allows just about everyone to know where you stand. Drew's allowed someone in his life, and his someone has allowed him in their life. There's no reason to be negative about it.

VanillaCreme said:
2fresh4youx said:

Why argue over it? I understand where you're coming from, but perhaps seeing that negative side of things is what the issue is. Saying that faith and whatnot is useless is advice allows just about everyone to know where you stand. Drew's allowed someone in his life, and his someone has allowed him in their life. There's no reason to be negative about it.

Once again, I wasn't being negative about his life! :(

Just his advice for others. It clearly doesn't work for everyone. I'm obviously at a stage of my life where things like "Hope" and 'Faith" are meaningless words. He posted this as advice and I made a response to this.

In response to his good news, I wish him all the best and am happy for him, like I once stated.

2fresh4youx said:
VanillaCreme said:
2fresh4youx said:

Once again, I wasn't being negative about his life! :(

Just his advice for others. It clearly doesn't work for everyone. I'm obviously at a stage of my life where things like "Hope" and 'Faith" are meaningless words. He posted this as advice and I made a response to this.

In response to his good news, I wish him all the best and am happy for him, like I once stated.

No, you weren't negative about his life in particular, but you're negative about the general situation. It may or may not work for everyone, but still, having a good attitude about it wouldn't hurt any. That's basically all we're saying.

I do apologise If I've come across as a dick at all guys. I have come to that point in life that words like "Faith" and 'Hope" do have some meaning; But at times, like right now, when it seems like you've sunk so deep into a hole, those wise words of advice are just transparent. I think I'll stick clear of the positive threads on here for a while.

I'm proud of you Drew!! :) I'm happy that you decided to put yourself out there. I know how down you were about women, and you must be on top of the world now. Good luck with it! :)

Latest posts

Back