Job hunting for 5 months...nothing but rejection

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sailor Moon

Reaction score
I filled over 45 applications total....after counting the " Thank you for applying for #001 (position name)."

It's awful ....This one company with over 7 different locations I sent over 15 applications....I almost applied for every single position. Everything from hotels,grocery stores,retail....even people who are contracted to clean and maintain buildings.

in over 2 weeks I received 19 rejections in counting..... =_=:

I have more qualifications than alot of people even run a store by myself once, and maintain cleaned and restocked. And Now I feel like a complete Failure.

I'm not gonna give out my information or anything like that here online for privacy reasons.

ugh... why why why is it sooo frustrating....=_=:: I'm not giving up but it's depressing at the same time watching people do better then you and make more money and have nice stuff while I look at myself and I feel horrible. Here I am cant even get hired....TT_TT

Are you bilingual in Spanish? That seems to be one of the most consistently valuable qualities looked for in the companies at the moment.

IgnoredOne said:
Are you bilingual in Spanish? That seems to be one of the most consistently valuable qualities looked for in the companies at the moment.

Sadly I only speak English:(

Sailor Moon said:
Sadly I only speak English:(

It also depends on your location: if you are in Texas, you're probably going to have a much easier time finding a job than anywhere else in the US for the most part. If you've just lost a job, you might want to look up if there's a Department of Labor office to help you get back on your feet, with programs such as WIA or TIA. They may offer to help you get training, or even start you into a college program with some/all of the cost covered. Its worth meeting them.

OMG that's the horrible part too....I am....some Work agency...the whole nine yards. Making Resumes they send my info to different companies . All came out either......no call backs or a rejection letter. It's horrible...I'm doing everything they tell me to do

Sailor Moon said:
OMG that's the horrible part too....I am....some Work agency...the whole nine yards. Making Resumes they send my info to different companies . All came out either......no call backs or a rejection letter. It's horrible...I'm doing everything they tell me to do

Ouch, that sucks. Do they mention why they are rejecting you? And you have my full support, just keep going and I know that you'll find something.

No i'm not gonna sell myself out by turning into a pimp...just " no ".

They told me they didn't get calls back or certain cleaning jobs are for people who are worse off then I am.....so yea I got rejected. I keep sending applications out and calling all the places but this completely sucks A**. ARGH I'm angry these people are so jacked up. I 'm still trying hard and I will not sell myself out either.

Yeah, it sucks. You can always apply for the usual suspects: department and grocery stores, but it does sound like the location you are in may not be conducive. If I was you, I would pop up my resume at all of the job sites, live back with the parents if I have to, and try to find any unique angle that I have to work from. In my case, I eventually found a tech job with the language skills I had, and from there, it blossomed.

Dear Sailor Moon,

Many people are in your same situation right now. Unfortunately I am also in a situation of needing a job and just not being able to find one. It is not your fault. The world we live in right now is just like that. Many people unfortunately are stuck not being able to find a job, but have been looking for months(possibly years now). While being discourage is understandable please remember that if you keep trying you will eventually get a job!

Thank you FREY12 and IGNORED ONE you guys really cheered me up =) you guys are wonderful people . I finally got an interview on the same day I was to take an appointment for government cash assistance since I'm renting and living on my own using majority of my saving/emergency fund to help me out. I have an interview for a grocery store job...a part time cashier job then I'm gonna look for a second job. I will probably take a photoshop/illustrator class after I get myself back together. Then hopefully I can finally save up money for driving school and a Big Truck that I want. I'm really upset at my family though too. My family members are very successful people but do very little to help me or other family members out but yet they brag about there mansion , cars and truck and land ..that I look at myself and this little apartment I'm renting and thinking and sadly comparing how much a failure I am...and Looks can only go so far in society you need brains and talent. All I'm good at is being pretty my own way and making Art.

Its unfortunate that your family does nothing to help you, but I am certain that in your own way, you will be successful and for all they have, they seem to have lost the ability to care for a relative, which is tragic. Do you have a DeviantArt account?

I haven't created one ..I'm afraid someone might steal my ideas since I dont have some of my art work copy right

Sailor Moon said:
I haven't created one ..I'm afraid someone might steal my ideas since I dont have some of my art work copy right

Well, your artwork is automatically copyprotected under the law, although it can be contested if someone else claims to have created it as well.

A safer option if you are concerned about that is to put up artwork that you're less concerned with copying infringement, so your personal ideas can remain safe, while practice with practicing faerie dragons, cheescake steampunk pinups and snake sketches can be public - and it'll allow you to benefit from objective observation and criticism.

DeviantArt will ban someone if they feel that they are stealing art from someone else on the site. I know someone that was IP banned because she did a parody of a really shitty paint drawing by this stupid kid that was posting on DeviantArt and getting a lot of attention for being a shitty artist and a jerk off little kid. So the butthurt mods of DeviantArt banned her for copyright infringement or whatever. They've got your back.

Latest posts

Back