Loneliness in Marriage...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PickingUpPieces

Wanted to touch upon loneliness in (and in spite of) marriage.

I've loved her for 7 years... maybe more and we've been married for 3.

I've always been alone. No matter who's around me, where I am. NO matter long back I look... there has always been this overwhelming sense of loneliness inside me. I thought my wife understood some of that. But somehow I feel a much larger sense of loneliness in our marriage.

I still love her - there is no doubt about it. But my love for her only makes me sacrifice everything for her - my loneliness, feeling, ethics, beliefs, likes. And me lonelier than before.

I don't think anyone really understands what I go through. Each day of my life. I don't have courage to make drastic changes in my life. I don't have the courage to kill myself. I've got too much to do in this world. I've been entrusted with a unique purpose, I know it.

Just wanted to share this. Don't know whether I am looking at solutions, solace, pity, advice, action or comfort.

PickingUpPieces said:
Wanted to touch upon loneliness in (and in spite of) marriage.

I've loved her for 7 years... maybe more and we've been married for 3.

I've always been alone. No matter who's around me, where I am. NO matter long back I look... there has always been this overwhelming sense of loneliness inside me. I thought my wife understood some of that. But somehow I feel a much larger sense of loneliness in our marriage.

I still love her - there is no doubt about it. But my love for her only makes me sacrifice everything for her - my loneliness, feeling, ethics, beliefs, likes. And me lonelier than before.

I don't think anyone really understands what I go through. Each day of my life. I don't have courage to make drastic changes in my life. I don't have the courage to kill myself. I've got too much to do in this world. I've been entrusted with a unique purpose, I know it.

Just wanted to share this. Don't know whether I am looking at solutions, solace, pity, advice, action or comfort.

Hi! Sounds like our situations are different,but I do relate to being in a lonely marriage.Even though you love her,you can't sacrifice everything for her.You still need to do the things that make you happy too.After time you will start to resent her and things will only get worse.

You said you don't have the courage to make changes in your life.I thought the same thing.I thought I would have to live in hell the rest of my life because I didn't have it in me to change things.But I found the courage and things are alot better for me now.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want to talk.

MMI

Latest posts

Back