My Computer Screen Fades To Black Too Soon

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hey All.

We all know that after a certain amount of time, if there's no activity on the computer, the screen will go to black. My problem is, that the fix it guy adjusted it I think.

Every 10 minutes of inactivity, my screen goes to black. It used to be 20 minutes. I remember seeing one time on my computer where I could adjust the amount of time it stays on before fading to black. But I can't remember how I got there.

In a nutshell. It goes to black too often. Can anyone tell me where I can find the settings that will make it stay on longer before fading to black?

Thanks for viewing.
LK

by fades to black, do you mean the screen saver or do you mean the power saver?
Windows can be set up to go to screen saver after a certain time and also to go to sleep after a certain time. My screen saver is the old "blank" one since I don't want the computer wasting CPU time and energy on a screen saver. It does that after 5 minutes. It will also put the monitor to sleep after 15 minutes.

In Windows 7, it's in the Personalize settings. They can be found by right clicking on the desktop background or by going to the control panel. In XP I think it was in the Display setting in the control panel. In Win 7, the Display option goes to something else. Microsoft has some crappy programmers.

Blackdot, Microsoft doesn't have crappy programmers. Please. Don't be so mean :(
Microsoft have crappy planners for the programmers :D - Let's be accurate Muahahahaha.

If you are speaking of Screen Saver - that means it fades to black and an object or animation is displayed; That is a Screen saver.
If you are referring to just fades to black and nothing else; That's power saver.

Unless as Blackdot mentioned, you have set screen saver to (none) then the backlight stays on on the LCD but is Black Screen (not crt that just goes off because its based on Backlight... err.. technically.)

I got fix for both situations;
My one and only Question is. Which Windows Version you use.
3.1 / 95 / 98 / 2000 (including all add-ons like ME) / XP / Vista / 7 / 8

Once you tell me that, i can give you step by step instructions to fix and tweak to your heart desire.

Microsoft has even said on their forums that their programmers are bad. When they run into a bug; instead of fixing the bug, they remove the feature that had the bug in it. They are completely unable to fix bugs in their software.

It's like if they had a kitchen sink and the faucet occasionally dripped. Instead of taking the handle off and replacing the rubber washer, they would just remove the entire faucet from the sink and seal up the hole so no water can ever get through and say it's fixed.

Hi,

I think the settings for vista are similar to 7, in Control Panel, click Appearance and Personalization, click Personalization, and then click Screen Saver, or right click on the Desktop and click Personalization there.

Latest posts

Back