howdy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H10293

Reaction score
Hi all,

I like reading some of the advice being shared on this website and seeing there are people out there like myself :shy:

I'm almost 21, male and live in New Zealand. I'm not really depressed, just a loner, but I'd like to get to know more people and make friends I can trust.

I have lost most of my school friends who have either left to go to big cities, work in Australia or have become involved in crime. I don't go clubbing because I don't like the noise, don't see much point in drinking (it doesn't help me), and I don't want to risk getting into trouble because the few times I have gone out, my old friends have tried to peer-pressure me into getting up to no-good with them.

I think I can talk to people of all ages, but I've always kept people at a distance. Maybe it's laziness, but I just don't know what to do to have fun with other people. I enjoy simple things, like scenic walks, running, videogames and fishing. I feel OK being lonely but I think I should start making more of an effort to make some good friends. I'm studying at a marketing course, so hopefully I can get a fun job one day and meet some nice people there.

Never had the guts to go on a date, which I am starting to regret now. I've had a few girls ask me out, but I've always made some lame excuse or changed the subject. Maybe I have unrealistic standards, I dunno. I've been wondering if I'll ever have a family of my own because I love taking care of my baby nephews.

Anyway, nice community y'all got here:D

Hi there! Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm sure you'll be able to make a lot of new friends on here. So many people are nice and friendly. I'm glad you know how to stand up for yourself and say no to what you didn't wish to do with your friends. Not many young people have the strength to say no when their friends peer pressure them into doing something they don't wish to. Kudos to that! :)

By the way, I've always wanted to go to New Zealand!

Welcome to ALL, H10. We're glad you're here!

Lots of wonderful people here and I think you will fit right in. :)

Latest posts

Back