I'm so lost and lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juns1992

Reaction score
I've never felt lonely before but since I'm at college struggling to show my self up to people I have almost no friends and I'm lonely. When I started college I wanted to change what I was. I was a wimp I mean I never did anything special just lived my life without doubt and when I failed to go to my dream university I started to look things differently. First thing came to think about was friends. I blamed my failure to them because I cared for them excessively. So, I decided not to be like them and I found myself becoming similar to them. I changed the way I talk, act and do stuffs that I wouldn't do when I was in highschool. Now, I lose the connections with my high school buddies and I feel lost about just who I really am and feel very depressed, sad and lonely when I found myself alone in a place where all others get together and talk especially in canteen and restaurant around college and sometimes I can't control my anger whenever I feel down thinking about a perticular person back in highschool who I think ruined my dream college plan and it makes me even more angry when I found out he is coming to my college to study. Now I am lost and lonely. I want someone to hold on to and just be my friend. I miss sharing fun stuffs and able to communicate to someone that I really feel connected to. Now I can barely imagine the memory of it. What should I do....

I know how you feel...but at least your able to go to college though...my parents said they wouldn't even help me. I understand how you feel ...everyone wants to fit in and make alot of friends...have you tried joining any clubs ...anime club , movie buff club, book club??

Clubs are a good idea. I can kind of relate. Many of my high school friends went down the wrong path and I kind of decided to distance myself from them. They all chose to drink/party/slack off every other day, which wasn't something I wanted to do. So I started hanging out with a different group I knew from high school, and they turned out to be really cool and good friends. Unfortunately I go to a different university than them now, so I dont really talk to anyone any more. But yes, clubs are a very good idea in making friends in the college scene. Honestly I've only tried joining one club and only been to a few of the meetings, but I've found they're really accepting of people and I got lucky in that the club leader was a nice guy trying to make everyone at home and get each person engaged, including myself being that I tend not to talk much.

So my advice would be to try out a few clubs that you're interested in, and see which ones work for you. You don't have to decide right away if you like them or not. Maybe try going to a few meetings first. At the same time, maybe try talking to some classmates and befriending them (this can be hard, I know). Maybe just try talking about class related stuff, and then eventually maybe ask them if they want to do some studying outside of class time. Just be yourself. If they say they can't or they're busy, no big deal, maybe try again some other time. Try not to get angry at them though, that's not the best way to make new friends :p

(sorry for any grammar issues, predictive text)

Well , I agree with Sailor Moon about the club book .. if you love reading .. it will be wonderful .

In my opinion a quick solution … and maybe very effective : look after the needs of your parent . and visiting your relatives .

Welcome to college, juns. Spoilers: you will barely ever make friends as good as the people you grew up with so cherish these relationships. I'm sure a couple of these friends will stick along for most of your life ;)

There's two foolproof ways to socialize with people at university: in the dorm (if you live on campus) and helping each other with homework in your dept.

College is actually a place where many people do some self-discovery. If you've changed who you are since high school, this is a good time to start figuring out the new you.

I really don't know much but a good start is to find someone in your position or someone that looks like in your position in college and start from there.

Latest posts

Back