Random Observations, Thoughts, And Dumb Questions Thread

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Howdy.

I don't know about any other members, but quite often, I'll be watching television or playing a game and a random thought or observation about something pops into my head. Also, some dumbass questions about everyday life come to mind. I often have some feelings and opinions that I'd like to share as if I were actually talking to someone in the same room irl.

My problem is, that a lot of them don't apply to existing threads such as "What Are You thinking". That thread is designed to post your thoughts yes, but it doesn't cover everything. I think that we can all agree that in the above mentioned thread, most members don't take the time to read the replies before theirs. I'm not saving everyone though. I just found that many posts in the above mentioned thread have had questions and thoughts that received no answers. Not all of them. But quite a few.

There is a thread in the Gaming section which explains what I'm getting at. Many will find this thread stupid, but it wouldn't be my first one. I want to share these thoughts with everyone. I don't care if I look stupid. Although nobody is obligated to post. I do hope that many will. Who cares if a reply is dumb. Everyone has strange observations that they would like to share but don't out of fear of being embarrassed if they do. fresia That!

I'm going to use this thread to post questions, observations, thoughts, recommendations and stuff. Please feel free to add anything. Here I go. Time to get inside LK's head. You've been warned.:p
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do any of you feel that time is passing by at an increased rate of speed in your daily life? For some reason, my sense of time appears to be speeding up. The days are going by faster, as well as the years. I only started noticing this within the last year or so. I could be wrong. But I think that we are living in the period of history where the world is going to end real **** soon!

they do say time seems to past faster as you get older. i'd certainly agree with that! same when you are doing something enjoyable- the time seems to fly by and when you are bored time drags. time may just be an illusion anyway

The older I get, the less I change and learn, and ever fewer things surprise me or break my composure.
When I don't get excited that much about events in my life, time seems to go faster.

It's nice to know that it's not just me then. I once heard of a disorder that messes with people's minds with respect to concept of time. One example is of a guy who went to the local Wal-Mart to pick up lawn chairs.

He shows up home around 6 hours after he left to a very worried wife who asked him why he took so long. He replied and said that he was only gone for an hour or so. Apparently, it's a real disorder that many throughout the world have.

I notice that too but it seems to increase a bit each year not all of a sudden for me.

Just went out to the kitchen to put my dinner plate in the sink, and my father was mixing up the dog's food. I asked him what exactly they make it from.(I'm talking about Pedigree brand dry food with soft food.)

He asked me what do you think that restaurants do with the food that the customers didn't finish. I replied and said that I believe that they just throw it out. He said that they collect it all and put it into a huge bag and put it in the fridge for when the companies who make dog food, come to pick it up.

My father jokes around a lot, so I'm not certain if he's just pulling my leg or not.

I wish the Powers That Be would stop editing shows like The Sopranos, Pawn Stars, Etc. I understand that they don't want young children to hear cussing, but c'mon. Young kids these days have a cuss vocabulary that would rival Eddie Murphy's for Christ's sake. I'm trying to enjoy the shows. I know that I can buy the series in the stores or download off the computer, but I don't want to waste money and discs on something that shouldn't be edited to begin with. All I hear is:

BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am of the mind that Mark Wahlberg should be shirtless from start to finish in all of his movies and TV appearances. In fact, I am considering starting a petition to facilitate this.

If you really think about it, there is no plausible explanation why he is required to be clothed at any time.

I've noticed how people say things like '' seriously, in the 21st century ? '' like that's ever helped or meant anything.

9643_545539035464209_1486540251_n_zps0f2018a7.jpg

MissGuided said:

Even as I child I knew that my family and I were not the type of folks who drank Mountain Dew. That drink meant something. Something not quite... respectable. Ma and pa had discouraged me from going over to Sam's house, but I really liked Sam's sister, Joanne. Jo taught me how to wear Baby Soft behind my ears and how to blow cigarette smoke out of my nose. She was cool.

Come on Sarah :( Mountain Dew is pretty good!

Then again I was even more lost in the American culture as an European... I wonder what people thought of me when they saw me smoke Parliaments :D

Smokey said:
I've noticed how people say things like '' seriously, in the 21st century ? '' like that's ever helped or meant anything.

What about the way people use the word 'like' to empathise almost every word (not in your context) especially the younger generation.

"Like I was telling, like, my friend, like, about, like, the word, like..."

9006 said:
Smokey said:

What about the way people use the word 'like' to empathise almost every word (not in your context) especially the younger generation.

"Like I was telling, like, my friend, like, about, like, the word, like..."

totally agree.....like.

Latest posts

Back