Depression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unwanted94

Reaction score
Depression sucks. It truly takes the joy out of life. At this point in my life, I'm very unmotivated and have very little direction. I thought I knew what I wanted to be, but I guess I'm just a nobody.
I'm sure there's someone else that feels like this. It's like I'm just drifting in the wind. The only big thing going on with me is trying to budget my money and stick to it. Other than that, there's nothing else.

Well I won't belittle how you feel just because you are 18. I'm about to turn 23 and since I was 21 I have felt so completely lost. Something always missing. And this past month I've felt nothing but pure cynicism towards everything. I feel like a complete failure basically. I'm not where I want to be.

I've got the whole "whats the point of anything" attitude going on. The bright side is I start school again next week to give it one last try but after that I'm not sure where I will be.

So no, you are not alone. We are animals on a tiny floating rock that rotates around a star over and over.

Unwanted94 said:
Depression sucks. It truly takes the joy out of life. At this point in my life, I'm very unmotivated and have very little direction. I thought I knew what I wanted to be, but I guess I'm just a nobody.
I'm sure there's someone else that feels like this. It's like I'm just drifting in the wind. The only big thing going on with me is trying to budget my money and stick to it. Other than that, there's nothing else.

I'm diagnosed with clinical depression and I know how you feel. It's really a terrible condition. Unless you seek medical help your feelings of sadness won't fade away with time as depresssion is a biological disorder.

Here's an interesting lecture on depression from Stanford University.
[video=youtube]

I suffer from depression too and being treated for it at present. Life feels empty at best. I sure do not fare well alone. I take things day by day since I don't know where life is heading. I don't know if I should be doing something or not. On disability so choices are very limited since my legs give out a lot, and arthitis in neck, back, spine and hips. I also have spina bifida. Only enjoyment is from my 3ds as of late.

You're not alone at all. Most people that I know feel the need to have a purpose in life. A big purpose. For a lot of people that comes from having a successful career or relationship (or both) But a lot of people don't get one or the other (or either) It's why a lot of old people are grumpy a lot of the time I think. They just wish that they had more purpose. All you have to remember is that it is your life. You do not HAVE to be working like a soldier. You not HAVE to impress the world all of the time. Many many people (especially young people) are probably in your position.

Take me for example. I'm in your position pretty much. I don't know where I am going in life. I've not relationship with anyone or any big career prospects. I sort of live for the here and now. But it doesn't bother me because I am not concerned about what the people outside think. As long as I am healthy and can get by day to day without causing anyone harm, it's all good.

knock_on_wood said:
perfanoff said:
This is a very nice video.
Missing university already.

Did you graduate already or did you drop out?

I did graduate, but it's like paradise for the nerd.

Except the homework. Nobody likes homework.

Great video! I am also in University right now. I am hoping to create a lot of opportunities to meet new people.
I also want to recommend people if they can to take some courses or a program at school. I think the best way to meet ppl is through school.

Latest posts

Back