Looking for a friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneStar1989

Reaction score
Hi there....

I'm a 23 year old girl looking for a friend... Sounds lame I know but I guess I've unconsciously become a loner... Maybe I even sort of liked the idea a few years back. But right now.... I'm just all alone, stuck in the past while everyone has moved on and are busy having amazing lives. So... as a last ditch effort I scrambled on to my computer and typed in "looking for a friend" on Google. And the rest, they say, is History!

So if anyone wants to maybe keep in touch, send me a message or reply here!

tgc,
Aster

Ps: I was pleasantly surprised to find so many loners here!

Hello :) i know how you feel, i'm in the same position really, if you want to talk i'm on here a lot :)

LoneStar1989 said:
Hi there....

I'm a 23 year old girl looking for a friend... Sounds lame I know but I guess I've unconsciously become a loner... Maybe I even sort of liked the idea a few years back. But right now.... I'm just all alone, stuck in the past while everyone has moved on and are busy having amazing lives. So... as a last ditch effort I scrambled on to my computer and typed in "looking for a friend" on Google. And the rest, they say, is History!

tgc,
Aster

That's how I've gotten myself to become a loner as well, I think. Or to become shy when making friends. I remembered making a conscious decision when I was 8 that I didn't want to stand out or to be in the spot light as I felt I was so full of myself to a point of being annoying. I always get that feeling when after having to have to talk in front or participate. So now, I still feel like I am annoying but just very shy and awkward around new people. I wish I were carefree and naturally friendly, I wish I could talk to people well and be myself around people or whichever situation. I wish I was more carefree and fun cos I feel that's the person I really am and I want to be.

But I think, as we are still growing each day, there's still a chance for us to develop ourselves, make friends and be happy, be confident, and be stable. I hope you'll be able to find friends here on ALL and in real life. Good luck and welcome to the forum. :)

Sup brah. I'm lookn for one of these too!

tumblr_m91d75WfPZ1qz9ddwo1_400.gif

Lol That last comment looks like a compliment and insult at the same time.

Just for the record, a number of us are not lonely. I'm not anyway. Welcome to ALL!

Hey there,

Know how that feels, stuck in the past! Sometimes it's difficult to move on while everyone else seems to be progressing, an it feels like your going nowhere fast. But I think that in any friends group, there's always someone 'left behind'.

.. oh and by the way, I'm up for a chat if you want, haha.

ha ha ha I am with no friend, I never had one in my life.. feel free to chat with me if you can ha ha ha...
I know how you feel like and why you asked here like this... I would have done the same but I did not...

LoneStar1989 said:
Hi there....

tgc,
Aster

Yeah I wouldn't say Im not lonely but def feel that all my friends are getting on with their lives and leaving me behind. Its all babies, houses, cars etc and I constant look to the past.

Don't waste your twenties tho, mine just ended and although my career choice has left me in a slight ditch, hence the above concerns I did have loads of fun and several very pretty gfs so I can't complain about that. Its sad you feel this way so young as I'm at cross-roads in life for many reasons, but would not expect one to be at 23 years old.

This site seems nice and I guess you make lots of new friends here probably more suitable than most you meet as you'll think the same and have similar ideas. Seize the day... take all opportunities when they come your way (clubs, invites etc) and hopefully the rest will fall in place..

PM if you wanna chat, always open to new experiences and people:)

Latest posts

Back