Your View On Hunting Animals For Sport

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.:)

Although I don't judge those who do. I just have a real hard time accepting the hunting an animal just for prizes or stuffing one to display it in someone's den. I'm not against hunting if it is for food. A little north of 20 years ago, I was into catch and release fishing. Something in me just changed. I just can't do it anymore. I feel guilty about putting a fish in pain so that I can show it off.

What are your thoughts?

Godspeed.
LK

It's called hunting. The majority of hunters primarily do so for the sport of it. Yes, they may EAT the meat they get, but in the end it's mostly for the thrill of killing.

My ex grew up hunting, however, he did so to eat. Had he not hunted, he wouldn't have eaten meat. They were also farmers, so everything they had, they grew or hunted. That is okay in my book...everything else, not so much.

I don't eat meat, I'm against hunting. Do I fault people for doing it...well, that's their choice, not mine, but don't bring that honeysuckle around me.

The Native Americans hunted BUT when they hunted, they used EVERY INCH of that animal. The bones for tools, the meat for food, the intestines for rope. I'm not saying we should use intestines for rope when hunting, kinda makes me sad someone is using pride to kill an animal. Of course they eat the meat but alot of it is wasted.
IDK

I hate it when hunters kill for the sole purpose of showing their kill off to friends. It's not a sport. Take away the rifle and see what happens.

They do it for sport down here. But they also take home the meat and use every bit of whatever animal they are hunting.

For eating purposes I think it's fine. I mean considering I do eat meat from the store (minus a few meats), I don't see the difference. Now, would I actually hunt myself? I have never tried it, but I like fishing.

I think if they eat the meat, or give it to somebody who will, it's okay. I'm always wishing I knew somebody who liked to hunt so I could ask them to bring me some of the meat- especially venison.

Hunting for sport? Wrong
For survival? SURVIVING
And by the way! What people consider "hunting" these days are not ******* hunting.
As in for deer, they sit in the wood, camoflaged, SITTING waiting for the deer to come to them??
Hunting is going out SEARCHING for the animals. DUH

I believe that the ones who hunt for sport, do it to look cool and to show all their friends and gloat about their kill. The meat is just a bonus to them.

I was raised in a hunting family, we were poor, dad depended on that moose, fish, rabbit, and grouse to feed us. If we didnt get the moose, we were in for a hard year.

I was raised not to waste and to have respect for animals, they are living beeings, and they are part of our food chain. I'd rather eat a wild moose that had had a happy free life than a farm raised beef injected with antibiotics and raised for the sole purpose of beeing slaughtered.

I do hunt, but i am steering away from it, I beleive that the moose that presents itself to me is meant to be. I guess thats how i get rid of the guilt...i always give him enough time to leave. After, i say a prayer of thanks and cry...

I have alot of respect for them, my heart breaks when people kill for antlers, we've found so many moose dead with just the antlers gone.

I must say that if i dont get a moose i will survive, but beeing a single mom, it realy helps when there is no meat to buy for a year.

Killing for thrill of killing, it makes me sick..

People who do it for survival, I accept it, that is nature of life. I do not eat any animals but I much rather see some other person eat an animal that could experience life in nature than an animal from factory farms. Also, I think this person.. who brought the animal in them self, it is more likely they understand it, a life is removed for them to eat it, and maybe respect the creature who died for it more. People who only buy meat from a super market, I think of very much it is disconnect from it, they do not much consider about the animal who died and now nicely it is plastic wrapped in neat little bundles, and will end up on their plate.. Well, this is going off the point any way.

"Sport", "trophy" hunting.. I do not think there is any excuse for it..

I wish they would set it up so that there are areas where you could hunt animals but it was also legal for people to hunt people at the same time. Make it a little more fair for the animals.

True.
My apologies to anyone to anyone offended
I love everyone
Except **** bananas!!!!

It helps keep the whitetail deer population down now that a lot of the natural predators are gone. In the end, its no more cruel than a lot of other things people do, and yes, I'm a hunter.

I think so as long as you eat the meat of your kills, its not too frivilous. Anything else is just wasteful.

Latest posts

Back