Is there anyone on this forum who has completely won his anxiety and depression?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kindster

Reaction score
I am somewhere near to cure my problems but i am standing in this state for months now so i was wondering if there is anyone of you people that has solve this problem?

I don't know that there is a cure, but there is definitely a solution to managing the symptoms of depression and anxiety. I say that because yes, I've reached that point. Always cautious though, to make sure I keep doing what works so that I don't have to go back to that dark place again.

Such issues.. I think always it is a struggle. Maybe is not always a big struggle, but always there I think. For me, there can be a time I am doing much better... but so quick it can become terrible again. So I think there is a need that even if you come to a time you feel over-come it, it is important to remain doing all you can to keep it away.

But.. certainly it would be wonderful, for it fully gone and need not worry about it any longer..

i have suffered with both.

anxiety and depression.

i conquered anxiety a long time ago by learning how to not give a fresia.

depression is a little trickier, because the cure for anxiety can actually deliver you to depression.

reread if you missed it the first time.

Anxiety for me is always there. It's a matter of facing it head on and not thinking or caring what or how people think. Depression, I haven't had to deal with for awhile now, and I think its linked with "the not thinking or caring about what people think". But both are on going issues that I think will always be in my life.

I don't think you can win against anxiety and depression.

(I'm a Taoist too, so bear with me)

Look at it this way. In order to distinguish joy from sadness, you'd have to experience sadness at least once in your life. Same with love and heartbreak, loneliness and etc. These things are part of us, there's no "winning" against them. There are times that I very much want to jump off a bridge or something. I don't.

Labelling these things bad or good is part of the problem (trust me, manic people can sometimes be much more dangerous than depressives, some it's off to decide one is "bad"), then other part being letting such things take over. When you are feeling energetic, the best thing is to go out and meet people, when you're feeling depressed, the best thing to work on is a repetitive, mind-numbing project (it seems counter-intuitive, but having something to just plug at for hours gives you something to do besides being depressed) like renaming thousands of files on a computer or checking countless farm goods for defects. These moods each have a purpose (btw, they should employ people whose girlfriend/boyfriend just cheated on them in military forces, since they're likely to be the most brutal fighters in the world).

I get anxiety not from myself, but mainly from outside sources. People obsessing about me not being married or making as much money as I should. I seriously don't care about the latter as long as I have a roof over my head, but the former is troubling to me, since I worry in thirty years, I might still be single.

bulmabriefs144 said:
Look at it this way. In order to distinguish joy from sadness, you'd have to experience sadness at least once in your life. Same with love and heartbreak, loneliness and etc. These things are part of us, there's no "winning" against them.

Yes. But you might be able to win in a way if you do not give them as much power over you. Even though they're part of you, they tend to just feel horrible. If you trust that you're going to feel less anxious or depressed in an hour, a day or a week, it helps and you might have won a little.

Lua said:
Yes. But you might be able to win in a way if you do not give them as much power over you. Even though they're part of you, they tend to just feel horrible. If you trust that you're going to feel less anxious or depressed in an hour, a day or a week, it helps and you might have won a little.

No, no, this is "coming to terms" with, not "winning" against. (Though to most people, it comes out to the same thing, not having depression for awhile)

Depression is only a real issue when it threatens suicide, and even then, it's actually there as an indicator that something is already sucky about one's life. For example, if you're happy with a girlfriend or something, and then "whoa, why am I depressed" it probably didn't come out of nowhere (hint: she's cheating on you).

While it is true that depression should not "rule" you, the same is true of fixation with happiness. When depression hits anyway, a person hung up on being happy can actually be depressed about being depressed. At least one book I've read on the subject of happiness, says part of the problem is actually going out of one's way to seek things we think will make us happy, when actual happiness is nothing to boast about anyway (it's basically contentment, with a bit of ambition thrown in to keep off complacency).

Basically, try to be happy if you can, and not have depression/anxiety run you. And try to find something to be happy about, even if depressed (you can even be happy about being depressed, as sometimes it's good not to be in the mood to be around people, and have a good cry).

bulmabriefs144 said:
Lua said:

No, no, this is "coming to terms" with, not "winning" against. (Though to most people, it comes out to the same thing, not having depression for awhile)

Yeah that seems right, especially if you consider winning impossible. You can't completely get rid of negative emotions, obviously, the question is how intense they are and how much time you spend on them.

bulmabriefs144 said:
While it is true that depression should not "rule" you, the same is true of fixation with happiness. When depression hits anyway, a person hung up on being happy can actually be depressed about being depressed. At least one book I've read on the subject of happiness, says part of the problem is actually going out of one's way to seek things we think will make us happy, when actual happiness is nothing to boast about anyway (it's basically contentment, with a bit of ambition thrown in to keep off complacency).

The idea of constantly wanting to be happy wouldn't work for me anyway. My definition of happiness is basically "feeling exceptionally good because of something that is happening or has happened", whether it was a small gesture or a long term development. So I would say in the long run, I could rather feel content or appreciative, and have a normal okay status with happy ups and sad/depressed/frustrated downs.

bulmabriefs144 said:
Basically, try to be happy if you can, and not have depression/anxiety run you. And try to find something to be happy about, even if depressed (you can even be happy about being depressed, as sometimes it's good not to be in the mood to be around people, and have a good cry).

That is an interesting thought. Hm. I don't think I'll ever be honestly happy about feeling empty, incapable of doing anything and unable to enjoy anything but comfort food lol, but we'll see. I do enjoy a lazy night in when I'm sad or melancholy or just don't feel like being around people. But feeling depressed is different to me. Maybe I'll learn to love it at some point :p

No, but mine is considered chronic. However, it takes acceptance and loving yourself to get past it because you can still be happy and positive if you are easy on yourself. I have been very hard on myself and it really takes it's toll. Loving others is important as loving yourself too.

Okiedokes said:
No, but mine is considered chronic. However, it takes acceptance and loving yourself to get past it because you can still be happy and positive if you are easy on yourself. I have been very hard on myself and it really takes it's toll. Loving others is important as loving yourself too.

I am bulmabriefs144, and I support this message.

Sorry, lol, too many election commercials.

I think the general idea of this was what I was trying to get at. Some of depression, is sort of like guilt, in that getting through it is like guilt (learning to forgive yourself that is, the distinction being, how you are rather than what you've done).

I feel like I'm losing in some aspects and winning in others.

Does that even make sense? =_=

I used to have issues with anxiety and it's only a mild problem in my life now. What I done was to make a fresh start and try to re-invent myself.

Now it didn't go perfectly but I was speaking loudly and clearly; had a better posture; didn't worry about talking to people and just took a very relaxed approach to life. And fast foward many years on to today and I feel confident enough to do most things.

I struggle with depression a lot though... not sure if I can deal with that by myself.

Prolonged stress/depression turned into 24/7 anxiety attacks which turned into Agoraphobia.

It started 'out of the blue' when I took the same route to work everyday for years and suddenly couldn't cross the road.

I didn't know what was happening, had never been frightened of anything in my life.

The cure was not drugs, or even counselling, but learning what had happens to the body and mind of during prolonged periods of stress/depression.

Anxiety/panic attacks are frightening, but its the fear of what happens that makes them continue. I hope that makes sense.

Anxiety is just the bodies 'fight or flight' responses being on alert (brought on by stress or depression).

If fight or flight responses were a 'light switch' stress/depression can make the switch get stuck in the 'on' position.

The senses needed in situation of danger are armed, all audible and visual senses are also on alert for danger - hence fearing crossing the same road.

I went on to help people with this disorder. So if anyone is suffering or needs advice please feel free to PM me.

At one point, I thought I had. But my paranoia and my intense fear of people has gotten much, much worse lately.

I need to go back to therapy, because I feel like a little boy in a man's world. I honestly don't know how to cope with social interactions. I fresia up every single interaction I go through, so I probably will fresia up until I get unfucked.

Latest posts

Back