Life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In a lonely place

Reaction score
A new thought, a new feeling.
I like a woman, but I don't think she's that sexy.
I just like her.

Does she like me? How can you tell.
I think there have been signs, but I've been mistaken before.
But she is kinda my boss, so I can't really do anything about it, without a lot of awkwardness and maybe damaging a friendship.
But I have to find out. It's possible.

Life is strange.

Woo yeah you want to be careful there with her kinda (what does that mean anyway) being your boss. Some companies frown on employee fraternization. Then of course there are always the jokes from coworkers about sleeping your way to the top. But if you like her and she likes you why waste an opportunity. There have been many people who met at work and have a successful life together. Problem here is the authority thing, she may not want to be to forward with you because it could land her with a sexual harassment charge if she were wrong, or visa versa. Maybe invite her out somewhere outside of work to talk.

Yeah. If you wanna make moves, try and not do it in work. Otherwise go go go! :D

Sci-Fi said:
Woo yeah you want to be careful there with her kinda (what does that mean anyway) being your boss. Some companies frown on employee fraternization. Then of course there are always the jokes from coworkers about sleeping your way to the top. But if you like her and she likes you why waste an opportunity. There have been many people who met at work and have a successful life together. Problem here is the authority thing, she may not want to be to forward with you because it could land her with a sexual harassment charge if she were wrong, or visa versa. Maybe invite her out somewhere outside of work to talk.

I mean yes she is my boss, but someone else usually gives me my tasks for the day.
Yeah, I know I have to tread carefull. Try and get more of an idea of her thoughts.

IgnoredOne said:
Seems like a bad idea.

I respect your point of view and yes I've been 'burned' in the past by asking someone out who I work with, but... if the idea came from her .. and I get the impression that it is in her mind .. well I think it could work. She has always been very discreet and professional about her feelings and those of others and I hope I could be the same way.

Gutted said:
Yeah. If you wanna make moves, try and not do it in work. Otherwise go go go! :D

Cheers. Thanks for the advice guys.

I've been away a while (3 years, really? since I was on here) and I still haven't actually asked this woman out on a date or anything. Things haven't changed much, except I mentioned we could go walking together sometime. We both love walks in the country and have brief conversations about where we've been, but we don't have time to talk.
I do feel I could talk to her about anything. I will do this.

In a lonely place said:
I've been away a while (3 years, really? since I was on here) and I still haven't actually asked this woman out on a date or anything. Things haven't changed much, except I mentioned we could go walking together sometime. We both love walks in the country and have brief conversations about where we've been, but we don't have time to talk.
I do feel I could talk to her about anything. I will do this.

Welcome back :) Good luck with asking her out and I hope that goes well for you.

Latest update: She mentions a sponsored walk for charity and says she put my name forward aswell as hers. Then finds out she can't make the day of the walk. Oh well, one step forward, two steps back :)

In a lonely place said:
Latest update: She mentions a sponsored walk for charity and says she put my name forward aswell as hers. Then finds out she can't make the day of the walk. Oh well, one step forward, two steps back :)

all this time, it's not going to happen.

Triple Bogey said:
In a lonely place said:

I think you're right. Yes, I've cut my losses and will move forward.

In a lonely place said:
Triple Bogey said:
In a lonely place said:

I think you're right. Yes, I've cut my losses and will move forward.

Yes sounds like the right thing to do

Latest posts

Back