Do you still live with parents?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unwanted94

Reaction score
How many of you still live with your parents? I'm just curious, because in this shitty economy, I don't see myself ever moving out. I don't know if I even want to anymore.

Great people to visit, but horrible to live with. We probably would have killed each other by now if I still did.

^ That's funny, yet sad at the same time. I definitely understand though. My mom pisses me off as well, but I just keep my distance.

I do.
I tried getting a place with a friend one time, but it was a disaster.
It's embarrassing being 37yo and still living with your folks. But it's much better than being on my own. There are some members at the club in their 30's with jobs who still live with their folks because it's too hard out there.

God Bless.
LK

I don't live with parents, I live with a parent :p

Since they divorced, I live with my mom. I don't like it much... but I have no choice.

Not still, but rather, again.
Don't see myself moving out in at least 6 months.

I think it wouldn't be so terrible to live in a large place with one's parents. Enough distance to get away from them, but still able to all share one large home with the presumed advantages.

My mother is 61yo, my grandmother 89, and my father 76yo. There is one major benefit to living with them. When a person reaches their age, they have more frequent problems with their health. Backaches, sleeping problems, pain, etc.

Should I ever have some of these problems, there is no shortage of medicine. Painkillers, laxatives, constipation liquid, Pepto Bismal, Preparation H, and numerous other medicine.

It's like my own personal drug store. Except for their prescriptions. My mother takes Demerol, but would never give me any because of my past addiction.

LoneKiller said:
I do.
I tried getting a place with a friend one time, but it was a disaster.
It's embarrassing being 37yo and still living with your folks. But it's much better than being on my own. There are some members at the club in their 30's with jobs who still live with their folks because it's too hard out there.

God Bless.
LK

I do see your point, but many are staying or even moving back in with their parents. I can't blame them. It is hard out there. I would much rather just deal with my mom's nonsense than deal with the bullshit out there.

Hi Unwanted94.
I can't tell you how many people who knew that I moved out to live with a friend way back, that advised me to go back and live with my folks if I could. They were right. Me and my friend didn't make it. We both ended up going back home anyway. We were very lucky to have parents that love us so much. So many people don't have that kind of support.

there have been brief periods during my adult years where i had to move back in with a parent. the only reason i did it was for my daughter. no child should be without a place to stay. i do not have a good relationship with either of my parents (understatement). however, when i am an empty-nester in just over a few years here, i would never move back home. in fact, i have went so far as to say, you would be more likely to find me frozen to death on a curb in chicago in january then living under one of my parents' rooves.

I moved back in with my sister. I don't think there's anything wrong with living with parents these days, because crap happens and rent is crazy most of the time. If you're not married, who cares.

I'm 21 and I have yet to move out. I've lived with my Mum for the most part. Very recently (5 Weeks Ago) my Mum's Boyfriend moved in. I don't mind living at home as when I work, the rent is 50% of what it would be if I lived alone. By not moving out, i think I've saved about £1500 in Rent alone due to not paying all of it. The pressure does seem to be on though since my Mum's Boyfriend moved in. As when I don't work, he has to pay 100% of the Rent. I did say though, that nothing would change when he moved in. I said I'd not stress myself out looking for work, or pay more then I would without him around. I said (and still say) that my Mum should find a job. Would save her Boyfriend and me money. About £90 each per month when we work (Which is always for my Mums Boyfriend and about 3 Months per year for me lol)

I do not live with my parents, and it is many years since that was so. However, I live with the parents of my partner. My partner is 30 but layed off last year... so can not afford apartment any longer. It is a troublesome situation.. but I am happy to have some place to live any way.

I moved out at 16 and have been loving it ever since, I really can’t imagine living with relatives anymore because I like this freedom and the gift of being able to leave my socks wherever they fall.

Not just because of the Economy, but also on a social front. Personally I see it as my duty to one day be the homeowner and look after my parents as well as a potential family.

Ambitions and what not, y'know.

I left home for college at 17 and have never moved back except my first summer break. Of course, it would be hard at this point since they both passed in 1994. Sometimes makes me sad when I see my people my age on Facebook about people visiting their parents.

Latest posts

Back