Did any of your longtime online friend left you ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sameer

Reaction score
There are some people even though they are good,they vanish someday without saying anything for some reasons.Recently i found a person in Facebook who was a good online friend of mine longtime before,the one who told me before that she will be back after some days as she is having some problems.It was more than 2 years and i didn't heard anything from her.I already knew that this girl wants to avoid somethings from online. May be she didn't liked online chat or online friendships anymore.Recently onetime i talked with this girl in Facebook.She didn't remembered somethings that she talked with me those days.She said,she was a silly teenager who don't know what she was doing those days.Also said that she wants a private life.She is an example for me that a good lasting online friendship rarely works.

Still i am not going to say that online friendships are waste.There are few people who have good online friendships that lasts forever.
Anyone experienced like this from any of your good online friends ?

I’ve lost contact with a few online friends (though I was able to chat to one recently and it was great catching up). I’ve had people go silent on me and it’s frustrating but at the same time I know I’ve gone silent on others due to my work taking up all the free time I had before so I guess they have their reasons too.

All I hope is that they're ok and will get in touch when they can.

I've lost a lot of online friends in similar ways. I've also bailed on quite a lot. Most usually just get a real life and become too busy to chat online, but there are some online friends I've had for over 10 years. This site has helped me make quite a few new online friends.

It happens. You spend sometimes years getting to know someone and then some day they just poof. That's just life I guess.

Yep. This one guy I met on YouTube in '08. We chatted on Gmail nearly every single day. Even made some songs together and talked on the phone a few times. He was very very intelligent and I loved talking to him. I may have liked him more than a friend, but anyway... He ended up going to college in 2010 and I never heard from him since. Funny thing is is that he told me that he would still chat with me yet he vanished on me. Last time we chatted was December of 2010 and even that wasn't much of a conversation. It's been almost 2 years and I haven't heard anything from him. Even online friends don't work out with me. -sigh-

Unwanted94 said:
Yep. This one guy I met on YouTube in '08. We chatted on Gmail nearly every single day. Even made some songs together and talked on the phone a few times. He was very very intelligent and I loved talking to him. I may have liked him more than a friend, but anyway... He ended up going to college in 2010 and I never heard from him since. Funny thing is is that he told me that he would still chat with me yet he vanished on me. Last time we chatted was December of 2010 and even that wasn't much of a conversation. It's been almost 2 years and I haven't heard anything from him. Even online friends don't work out with me. -sigh-

It's the same that girl told me too as she would not only chat but will be there for me forever no matter where she is..and vanished.But she was there using internet.That is the way of breaking friendship in a easy way telling lies.For me also it didn't worked...

I hope I haven't been dumped by any of my online friends, because of my slow response time, and lack of new interesting things to talk about.

I do care about them. I just withdraw into myself at times. I get overwhelmed with how hard some things I have to do are, and how much of my life I've messed up or let go, and my brain just fizzles out. I spend time on distractions instead of my interests, to take the edge off and de-stress. Or sometimes I stew in anger at people that have wronged me in the past. But that doesn't really give me any new topics or thoughts/ideas to talk about.

I'm trying to become more aware of the impression I make with others instead of just thinking "I am how I am, and that's it", so I tend not to talk to people when I feel like I'm either going to be negative/pessimistic, sad, angry, or empty/boring, not having any curiosity, passion or enthusiasm for anything, when I get in these moods where I don't care about that much of anything. The problem is when that goes on for an extended period of time.

Yes, most of my online friends have moved on in life, whilst I'm left stagnating as always.

Latest posts

Back