The kindest thing...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Whats the kindest thing you have ever done for someone in a relationship, and vice versa?

An ex gf of mine lost her job years back, she was very upset so I ran her a hot bath complete with relaxing bath salts an things, set up about 50 candles all round the bath and pored her a glass of wine ready for when she arrived home. To this day she says that was the kindest things anyone has done for her, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad one for her!

I've had alot of problems the last 12 months, and I've had someone stick by me while nobody else would, and I think that I wouldn't have got through it all only for that person. They've gave me alot of time and support and I'm really grateful to have someone like that.

I don’t want to go into specifics as it would sound too much like boasting and to me the actual act is irrelevant, it’s the other person’s reaction and what it does for them that counts.

Interesting topic.

I think the most memorable thing that I did for a Girlfriend was treat her as best I could when she stayed with me for a few weeks back in 2011. I made her a Vase and bought her Flowers when she came to stay with me on the first day. Was a nice surprise. Then I ran around like mad, trying to get decent Easter Eggs for her as she spent Easter with me. Was mad but I think I did well. On this stay, I also took her out to various prestigious places in London and we went out with my Friends who I didn't want her to meet (As I KNEW they'd cause problems in our relationship by trying to get too involved)

As for the other way around.. The most that Girls have generally done for me is write me nice Letters. The best I would have to say is the one that I got on my 21st Birthday this year. A Friend of mine was just really really nice to me. Shame she loses and gains interest in me so easily and quickly.

Lost Drifter said:
I don’t want to go into specifics as it would sound too much like boasting and to me the actual act is irrelevant, it’s the other person’s reaction and what it does for them that counts.

What's up with all the guilt trip and shame you're carrying around dude??? I take it...you're too lost for compliments too....
How long have you been walking on eggshells????
How long have you been in the closet?
It's like.... what's the piont of living if you're gonna die any way, to ya. Its irrelevant what happens in between.
Why so negative?

Celebrating life would be a sin to you.
Beliving in yourself would be shameful to ya.

Being happy and joyful. Expressing and sharing all these positive things and experince...isnt boasting,.Dude.
It's positive begets more positive.

Ive had plenty of women gone out of their way to do things
or gotten things for me. Im grateful for that. I appriciate all of it.
It had positive empac in my life.

Im in a relationship at the moment. She have done plenty for me
as Ive done for her. Yes, being there for each other through the hard
times. Her love for me. Her compassion, forgivness and understanding for me. Sharing and experincing her life with me.
Im by her side now. She loves and needs me just the same.
Plus she had given me a beautiful duaghter. I love our daughter very, very much.

me: left notes of encouragement/love in random places so it would be a surprise to find and read

the kindest thing someone can do for me, is stand by me and with me.

Probably when my mother was badly sick, almost dying. And I supported her, I was there for her. It was so hard time. :(

Through a terrible ordeal last year, which was my own fault, my partner remained with me, and suffered it quietly, and was kind, gentle, and patient through it all. Even though I gave a massive trouble... my partner never complained, never angry, only very loving to me.

Me, I can not think of any thing worthy to tell I did..

Latest posts

Back