Five Million Dollars or a Broken Heart for The Rest of Your Life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$5,000,000 Debt or Broken Heart for life...

• Total voters

Phaedron

Reaction score
Basically an inversion of the true love or 5 million thread. In this case, you are choosing between paying 5 million or suffering the worst relationship you can possibly imagine: really good, and then suffering a heartwrenching betrayal that basically cripples you.
The 5 million debt comes with a better job, and you pay it off very slowly for the rest of your life.

I'd take the debt. Like you implied in the other thread, nothing's worse than a broken heart.

The streets are a wash with drugs for pain and misery and with that 5 mill I could by lot's of em.

Give me the crippling relationship. No way I'd pay off a $5 million debt during my lifetime, which means my descendants would have to.

Love > Money.
The last thing somebody can get from me physically is the clothes on my back. I am pretty sure that heartburn feels way worse than being cold.

The broken heart I think as you can kind of get over it and move on whereas that £5 million debt will be a constant thing which you cannot avoid.

Carljones90 said:
The broken heart I think as you can kind of get over it and move on whereas that £5 million debt will be a constant thing which you cannot avoid.

But, from day to day, there is no difference between being broke and being $5 million in debt.

WTF? Why was this choice not presented to me sooner? I was given the broken heart and definitely never saw a ******* check! :p

i have to admit.

this thread is hilarious.

i shall ponder these things,

and report back...

soon

MissGuided said:
WTF? Why was this choice not presented to me sooner? I was given the broken heart and definitely never saw a ******* check! :p

Amen to that!!

@ Phaedron: I see what you did there for the third option.
excited.gif

From my original post, I am not sure if anyone got my joke for Big Skinny (maybe you did?).

Big Skinny is a wallet.

For all intent & purposes (with being prepared to get slammed for it), it was an option for the normal dating experience in my generation growing up before "going dutch" was accepted (in the state I live in).

I always had a fatter wallet until I started dating someone and my funds decreased exponentially (turning my normal wallet in a flat one).

Here is what Big Skinny (Wallet) means:

http://www.bigskinny.net/

Our Wallet designs solve the top 5 wallet problems. Our line of Big Skinny wallets are ultra-thin, flat, and small because we use our proprietary ultra-thin (but sturdy) nylon micro-fiber wallet material. Each thin wallet is designed to organize and fit all of your plastic cards, cash and everything else without changing the number of pockets, or forcing you to use unconventional designs. We make your wallet thinner by actually making an ultra-thin wallet that fits everything you have yet decreases final wallet size by 50% or more.

Edit: Broken Heart - what is the difference since I have had one my entire life and have stayed out debt as well - an easy choice for me.

:D it depends my true love is rich or poor. lol
Seriously I don't think I can't pay 5 million in the rest of my life.:(

Latest posts

Back