Being Bored of Clubbing and Alcohol

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sillywilly

Reaction score
Hey guy's. I'm only 18 year's old, I have started and drinking and going out earlier this year when I turned the legal age. I go out like maybe 1 or 2 times a month or sometimes none, this includes clubbing and drinking with a few friends. I don't know but for some reason in my state of mind that I don't find clubbing or drinking alcohol fun, being drunk to me is pretty boring 95% of the time, is this normal for an 18 year old ? I prefer to stay at home most of the time because I feel like that I'm happier by myself most of the time. Awkward but that's my situation :) :D

When I was college age I preferred to be by myself - I even joined a fraternity to try to get out an meet people, after about a year it occurred to me that all that drinking and partying just wasn't that fun. I realized that I just liked being at home better. I did find, though, that I enjoyed hanging out with other people who weren't drinking all the time - we would do things like play boardgames (yeah, I know, I make it sound so awesome). So, even though it may not be common, you aren't strange (unless you choose playing RISK over going to the hot new club on a Saturday night - then you end up becoming an oddball like me).

I don't think it's strange that you're like that. I've started going out with a few friends to the Pub every now and then. The atmosphere in there does not suit me at all. But I get to hang out with friends and they don't get totally drunk. So it's alright so far. I'd rather hang out at their or my house though. Drinks cost too much in pubs lol.

i was and still am the same way and i am 30 years old. i drink sometimes but i do it at home and i get drunk very rarely. i dont like the club/bar/party atmosphere. i cant just sit there and talk about BS all night, i get bored and anxious. i find that most of the time people end up talking about things i have no interest in or that i cant relate to. and i cant stand like 99% of the music that gets played in these types of social settings. it all seems a pretty shallow experience to me. i prefer to be alone more often than not too. i dont think theres anything wrong with it. dont worry about it being "normal." what is normal? there is no such thing, lol. just be... you.

I don't really drink unless I absolutely have to. It seems like a silly waste of money, time and brain cels.

When I was the same age, I went clubbing a couples of time but found it was my kind of thing. I dont drink and dont feel at ease at the dance floor. So end up, I stopped going though the atmosphere - loud music and beautiful people were pretty attractive. But I guess its better and wiser to be happier...

IgnoredOne said:
I don't really drink unless I absolutely have to. It seems like a silly waste of money, time and brain cels.

thats why i refuse to buy alcohol when out somewhere. its so much more to buy it like that then to buy it at a grocery store and bring it home. i dont like it enough to spend that much on it at a bar or something.

Latest posts

Back