Online dating ads

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCGRLNPHX

Reaction score
I had an ad on POF that was clever and truthfully as well as had pretty good picture. I got very little traction So I took it down and put up an ad with no picture and almost NOTHING in it and I'm swamped with guys. WTH is that all about? Any guys willing to help a girl out?

It depends...If you look intimidating in the picture guys may not bother looking - same with your profile description - if guys don't think they have a chance with you, they are less likely to try to contact you.
Without knowing what you look like, though, I am willing to guess you are cute. The reason I say that is that guys will send a ton of responses to women who are 8-9 and a bunch to 5 and under, but send fewer to 5-7.5s (they did a study on this, http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-mathematics-of-beauty/) the reason being that the 8-9 girls will always get a lot of attention, but the less secure guys would go for the less attractive girls much more often than those they consider "cute" because they think they have a better chance of not getting rejected (see my first paragraph). I think there is this natural tendency when there is no picture to assume that the girl isn't very attractive, at least I think so. May that's why taking your picture down changed the response you got.
Hope this helps.

theraab said:
It depends...If you look intimidating in the picture guys may not bother looking - same with your profile description - if guys don't think they have a chance with you, they are less likely to try to contact you.
Without knowing what you look like, though, I am willing to guess you are cute. The reason I say that is that guys will send a ton of responses to women who are 8-9 and a bunch to 5 and under, but send fewer to 5-7.5s (they did a study on this, http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-mathematics-of-beauty/) the reason being that the 8-9 girls will always get a lot of attention, but the less secure guys would go for the less attractive girls much more often than those they consider "cute" because they think they have a better chance of not getting rejected (see my first paragraph). I think there is this natural tendency when there is no picture to assume that the girl isn't very attractive, at least I think so. May that's why taking your picture down changed the response you got.
Hope this helps.

I actually feel perfectly secure and yet I go for less attractive Girls over more attractive Girls. I do it because I know they suit me as I'm not deemed widely attractive. It doesn't effect my security at all though. We could all look hot with the right clothes, money, impression and make-up. Lots of weirdos surf dating sites from my experience.

NCGRLNPHX said:
I had an ad on POF that was clever and truthfully as well as had pretty good picture. I got very little traction So I took it down and put up an ad with no picture and almost NOTHING in it and I'm swamped with guys. WTH is that all about? Any guys willing to help a girl out?

Maybe you look to them like you are on the wrong side of 14, as Chris Hansen would say :p

Gutted said:
I actually feel perfectly secure and yet I go for less attractive Girls over more attractive Girls. I do it because I know they suit me as I'm not deemed widely attractive. It doesn't effect my security at all though. We could all look hot with the right clothes, money, impression and make-up. Lots of weirdos surf dating sites from my experience.

Sorry, poor choice of words. I didn't mean less secure.

Latest posts

Back