Please Tell Me There Are Chrome Users Here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hey!

Every time I click my homepage icon, it keeps bringing me back to a "New Tab" page. I've tried going to my settings and make the necessary changes, but it still always comes back to the new tab. If I restart my computer, my desired homepage comes up. Anything after that, it doesn't.

I "Googled" the honeysuckle out of this problem and I either can't understand half of the jargon, or have had shitty advice. I thought that I had the solution by installing the "New Tab Redirect" extension. I later read as I was searching that there is a nasty virus that comes with that extension, so I uninstalled it. Now, I can't even install it at all.

I was just hoping that one of you might know how to help me with this annoying problem. I use Vista and of course, Chrome.

Thanks for viewing.:)

I use Chrome and I had noticed that, as well.

In the 'settings' there is an option 'on startup'....I choose the radio button 'open specific pages' and then clicked the 'set pages' link. I have all my new tabs default to Google.

Don't know if that helps you or not, but there's my two cents. :D

Yes, there are Chrome users.
Happy now?
Do you have more than one URL for your home page?
If that isn't it; uninstall chrome, full reboot (shutdown) and re-install.
Then re-install your extensions, one-by-one.

Latest posts

Back