How Was Your Day?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeverMore

Reaction score
To me one of the worst things about not having friends or anyone to talk to for that matter, is that there is never anyone to ask this question. It feels great when someone does ask, someone cares about how you are doing and that is a good feeling, I'm asking because I do care. I'm curious to see what kind of lives everyone here lives, what do you all do everyday? If you had a shitty day, tell us about it, if you had a really great day, tell us about it. One of the worst feelings is having a great day, only to think in the back of your mind, I have no one to tell this to, wouldn't it be better thinking in the back of your mind, "wait till they hear this!". Another of the worst feelings is having a bad day and knowing in the back of your mind you have to deal with this all on your own, that shouldn't be the case, no one should feel like that, that's why I made this thread. You can be as broad or as detailed as you want, tell us about your day. I'll go first

My day was a lot like every other day I've had this break, not entirely bad but not good either. I woke up around 11AM brushed my teeth and watched the price is right, then a little of the news. Then I played Oblivion till I looked at the clock and it was amazingly 4. So I decided to stop and I ate some chicken popcorn things and some freezer fries. Then I listened to music while browsing youtube, I remember I watched dolphins play with bubble rings, really cool stuff I'd recommend it. Then I played Oblivion some more till around 7 or so where I stopped to watch the world news and Jeopardy. After that, I played some Dr. Mario with my sister's fiance, that was fun and I watched that new Fox show the moment of truth, it was pretty entertaining but stupid because I knew how accurate lie detectors are...I then killed more time on the internet till I turned it off and watched some of jay leno and a little conan.Then I listened to music on my ipod till I went to bed at 3, at which time thoughts ran through my head that produced some tears and anger but mostly anger, I couldn't sleep so I just laid there thinking random thoughts till I remember resolving to make this thread and post in another I'd been meaning to in a while, when I did fall asleep, I dreamed there was a doll trying to kill me or something bad, it was a shitty night nothing new though, but anyways that was my day:)

So

How was your day?

It was alright, think I messed up my Geography GCSE paper but there you go, I guess these things happen. I saw this random girl again on the bus home, it's always weird seeing her because it happens so rarely, last time I spoke to her was a year ago. It's kinda easier to talk to her than most people because you can just spend it catching up, I know if I saw her more frequently I'd find it awkward so I only catch that bus once in a while to keep things that way. Balances out my failures at geography, it's like how I'd want every day to be if I had the choice.

Wow. That was kind of pathetic. I think I'm going to go crush a can on my forehead or something to make me feel more butch.

How's everybody else?

Beside the point... but I hate being asked how my day was! I much prefer to hear of other people's days.

HiddenHydey said:
It was alright, think I messed up my Geography GCSE paper but there you go, I guess these things happen. I saw this random girl again on the bus home, it's always weird seeing her because it happens so rarely, last time I spoke to her was a year ago. It's kinda easier to talk to her than most people because you can just spend it catching up, I know if I saw her more frequently I'd find it awkward so I only catch that bus once in a while to keep things that way. Balances out my failures at geography, it's like how I'd want every day to be if I had the choice.

Wow. That was kind of pathetic. I think I'm going to go crush a can on my forehead or something to make me feel more butch.

How's everybody else?

arg!*crushes can on hiddenhydey's forehead*
there, is that better? It's weird how you can meet the best people ever on buses, it's happened to me surprisingly often. What is gcse?

diamond-dancer said:
Beside the point... but I hate being asked how my day was! I much prefer to hear of other people's days.

Nope sorry you have to answer the question before you can see answers it's a...a..rule.....I....didn't just ....make it up.....no it's always been like that:p

1 and 1/2 hours driving, 12 and 1/2 hours working, 5 hours relaxing/getting ready for work/cleaning up after work/eating, and 5 hours sleeping is my day every day pretty much. Nobody asks me that question ever... I suppose my day was a productive work day, nothing more, nothing less.

I demonstrated poise under pressure/attack, but I still took a while to really let the fact that it happened go... I need to work on this.

How's everyone else doing?

e.m.e. said:
mine couldnt be better..final Keyspan turn off notice lol

how was ur day?

:( I'm sorry eme...I hope it gets better somehow..

Lost in the Oilfield said:
1 and 1/2 hours driving, 12 and 1/2 hours working, 5 hours relaxing/getting ready for work/cleaning up after work/eating, and 5 hours sleeping is my day every day pretty much. Nobody asks me that question ever... I suppose my day was a productive work day, nothing more, nothing less.

Well I just asked,lol, it's good to be productive, but are you sure 5 hours is enough sleep wise? Your like a machine:p What do you do anyway if you don't mind me asking?

armor4sleepPA said:
I demonstrated poise under pressure/attack, but I still took a while to really let the fact that it happened go... I need to work on this.

How's everyone else doing?

How did you demonstrate poise? You said you were under pressure or rather an attack, what happened?

lowest point: starting to dislike working with a couple of co-workers
low point: bought stuff for a great dinner, but too tired to cook
low point: Australian Open not on for 8 this night, only 2:30AM...

highest point: bought No More Heroes for Wii
mid point: went into a new grocery store and was impressed

6/10
Maybe if I go masturbate or something the score will go up a notch. I'm too tired to do that, actually.

I'm so tired. This is an edit hours later, and I should have been in deep sleep by now. Here I am. Awake. I have to be up in less than 5 hours to start preparing for another long day of work. The AO will be on in about two hours. I'm thinking I could go on and cook (here at nearly 1AM) that nice meal I've anticipated, play some Yahoo games while listening to music (listening to Lemon Jelly now), watch the open, don't sleep, and just grind the work day out. I used to do it all the time in my college days. Ugh. This is ridiculous.

NeverMore said:
Lost in the Oilfield said:

Well I just asked,lol, it's good to be productive, but are you sure 5 hours is enough sleep wise? Your like a machine:p What do you do anyway if you don't mind me asking?

I work in the oilfield :p
Sorry, I was grumpy when I first made that reply... now that I've finished packing for the trip back to civilization for days off, and got something to eat I'm feeling a little more human.

Specifically: I test natural gas wells to determine the content, volume, and pressure of gas pockets up to seven kilometers under ground before they are tied into the main pipeline to production plants.

New laws prevent me from going beyond 24 days straight now, but last year I worked somewhat isolated in the field for 96 days straight... the paycheques were unbelievable! (four other workers were there daily, and I went to a nearby town about an hour from the wells I tested each night to sleep, but rarely saw any people beyond those at work).

Five hours is enough to function, you really only feel tired for the first two or three days, and then after that you adjust. To be honest I get paid more than some doctors, with only a quarter of the schooling, at least two months off each spring/summer, and I need to know very little to do my job... some days all I do is watch movies while waiting for services to travel out to where we have our well. Why do I get paid so well? Oil companies are filthy rich, the job requires I work around gas and fluids that can be from -40 to +80 degrees celcius and flowing at pressures up to 15,000 pounds per square inch (or 6,804 kilograms per square inch). Put simply, if a pipe exploded or if some sand cut through the side of a pipe and you were standing near it, they'd never find all your pieces. It can also be very physical, but I enjoy hard labor and working with my hands and a little danger makes it exciting. As long as safety procedures are adhered to the threat is minimal. You get to see some amazing things though that most people will never experience... like hundreds of pounds of pressurized natural gas being launched through a 60 foot, 6 inch metal pipe up to a hundred feet in the air and ignited with a flare gun.

I ranted a lot... sorry bout that, don't get a chance to talk about my work very often.

Hope everyone else's days went well.

My day was so incredably boring.

I work in a little gift shop type of thing in this mall which absolutly no body goes to so all i did all day was read a book lol thank god my last day there is on monday is all i can say. The last week of a job always seems to take the longest.

Lost in an oil field, i would rather do your job any day, sounds real good (compared to my job anyway lol)

Towards the end of the afternoon i was starting to feel quite down because of certain things but then when i got home i had an email waiting which really cheered me up so much, i love it when something like that happens.

Because something that can cheer me up so well rarely comes along for me i have to say today has ended up being quite the good one.

If only everyday could be like this

Got up at about 8am, Then made a cup of tea, terned the pc on and browsed this sight :) Then had breakfast. About 10 had a shower. (Am never awake properly tell Ive had a shower) Then played command and conquer tell 12. Then I had to go let my mums dog out up the street. Then made some diner. Sailed ham cob and banana with a jam donut :D Then I played some moor command and conquer. Had an houwers sleep. And now am here. Its been a quiet day. Its 4:45pm for me. Am thinking of another drink and then I have no idea what am doing. So all in all a very uneventful day. But I am getting into my game :)

Lito, that does sound like a pretty cool job, especially the paychecks,lol, but the negatives have to be that it's **** cold up there, and yea the danger, but hell I bet it's cool to see that column of gas ignited by a flare gun:p Whoooooo fire!!

jjam said:
lowest point: starting to dislike working with a couple of co-workers
low point: bought stuff for a great dinner, but too tired to cook
low point: Australian Open not on for 8 this night, only 2:30AM...

highest point: bought No More Heroes for Wii
mid point: went into a new grocery store and was impressed

6/10
Maybe if I go masturbate or something the score will go up a notch. I'm too tired to do that, actually.

I'm so tired. This is an edit hours later, and I should have been in deep sleep by now. Here I am. Awake. I have to be up in less than 5 hours to start preparing for another long day of work. The AO will be on in about two hours. I'm thinking I could go on and cook (here at nearly 1AM) that nice meal I've anticipated, play some Yahoo games while listening to music (listening to Lemon Jelly now), watch the open, don't sleep, and just grind the work day out. I used to do it all the time in my college days. Ugh. This is ridiculous.

arg, I know exactly the feeling, lots of long nights, how's no more heroes? Seems like I pretty cool game to me, don't have a wii but it does looks fun

tomuchnothing said:
My day was so incredably boring.

I work in a little gift shop type of thing in this mall which absolutly no body goes to so all i did all day was read a book lol thank god my last day there is on monday is all i can say. The last week of a job always seems to take the longest.

Lost in an oil field, i would rather do your job any day, sounds real good (compared to my job anyway lol)

Towards the end of the afternoon i was starting to feel quite down because of certain things but then when i got home i had an email waiting which really cheered me up so much, i love it when something like that happens.

Because something that can cheer me up so well rarely comes along for me i have to say today has ended up being quite the good one.

If only everyday could be like this

Sorry to hear you hate your job, but glad to hear it's your last week:), boring jobs, they suck, over the summer I work as a dish washer/janitor/odd job man, for a fancy restaurant, it's pretty terrible I had to fill a gallon bucket of prepared onions then after my eyes are burning I go and ask what to do next and he tells me to fill another gallon bucket of white onions, and that was everyday, for the life of me I don't know how they can use so many onions:p

Yea getting a letter whether virtual or not, is really a great feeling that can turn a day around, anything to let you know someone was thinking of you, it's builds my confidence which I need every bit,lol

My day was exactly like the other days before it, except I didn't play oblivion, I played the twilight of arnor beta, I'm such a loser:(. Actually after doing that for a while I invented monkey disc, and that that was the high point of my day, I'm going back to college in 2 days I think it's probably for the best:) I think I'm bringing monkey disc with me to the hallways of my dorm

Hahahaha god i dont know how you survived with all those onions nevermore, i would rather do my boring ass job then that! lol

Hey man your no loser, i used to play heeeeeeeeaaaaaaapppps of oblivion, im a big fan of those rpg games. Havnt really had the chance to play lately but yea, i used to play quite a bit of it :) ummmmmm whats monkey disk????lol

Well the start of another boring day for me, lets see how it goes :)

You know what. My day wasn't that bad.
I often try to make my days as good as possible because I hate complaining about anything.
My Japanese prof canceled our language lab today so our class could all go out together to a local Japanese restaurant and eat together. It was fun since I don't really get to go out with people and hang out or eat and the people in my class are really nice. And I really missed Japanese food since I've been there, so I had a lovely helping of Sushi. mmmm.
So you know what, it was a pretty good day ^^

I explain the rules of monkey disc here:here:http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=2065&page=36

I'm hoping it's a hit in college, my nieces love it,lol

bluey said:
Got up at about 8am, Then made a cup of tea, terned the pc on and browsed this sight :) Then had breakfast. About 10 had a shower. (Am never awake properly tell Ive had a shower) Then played command and conquer tell 12. Then I had to go let my mums dog out up the street. Then made some diner. Sailed ham cob and banana with a jam donut :D Then I played some moor command and conquer. Had an houwers sleep. And now am here. Its been a quiet day. Its 4:45pm for me. Am thinking of another drink and then I have no idea what am doing. So all in all a very uneventful day. But I am getting into my game :)

Cool command and conquer, the new one?,I forget what it's called, I used to play generals a lot with my brother, and then waaaay back I played the one for N64, definitely a fun game! What perchance is a sailed ham cob?Can't say I've ever had it:)

How's everyone's day going?

NeverMore said:
how's no more heroes? Seems like I pretty cool game to me, don't have a wii but it does looks fun

It's cool in a lot of ways, but it does have some problems. The slowdown can be pretty bad when there are a lot of enemies on screen. It's somewhat reminiscent of the old 2D gaming days when slowdown was to be expected. While I haven't experienced this for myself yet, being that I really haven't played beyond the first boss yet, I've read No More Heroes' unavoidable overworld can be pretty tedious. I'll see how that goes soon enough.

Overall, I'm enjoying it. The action is just wild. I LOVE the way you quickly toggle between mid and high stances based on how you tilt the wiimote. It's a small thing, but kind of cool. Cut-scenes are great. Music and sound are great. It's a very unique experience, which explains why I found it so attractive. I got my butt kicked by the first boss about 3 times because I was letting my saber run out of juice without the realization it was rendering my strikes ineffective. I'm looking forward to more boss encounters because the characters seem interesting.

hm, my day. I went to school. Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T. S. Elliot in English class. Sleep and get back a test that I slept through in French (90% only, maybe I'll actually look at the chapter the test is on next time, instead of b.s.ing it like I did on this one). Lame ass study review game in history, finished an hour early so I got to play my guitar for an hour. No one will talk to me in that class because they think I'm too smart/weird/crazy/eccentric/uncool, but they do listen (while unconvincingly pretending not to) whenever I play my guitar. It's really lonely, but having my guitar makes it bearable. Then my friends dad gave my other friend and I a ride to the pizza place because it was absolutely bucketing rain and we didn't want to wait for the bus. We ate chicken pesto pizza, then I walked home and got soaked. My guitar was fine, I had it covered with my ghetto fabulous plastic garbage bag. I then logged in a good 5 hours on my gameboy, playing pokemon, fo sho. I'll prolly go back to that as soon as I'm done with this, actually.
Anyway, tomorrow looks more exciting. I'll go ride the horses, try not to get killed by DJ because being stuck inside always puts her a bit towards postal :p lol, who am I kidding, horses aren't dangerous. They're just incredibly stupid and really big.

NeverMore said:
Cool command and conquer, the new one?,I forget what it's called, I used to play generals a lot with my brother, and then waaaay back I played the one for N64, definitely a fun game! What perchance is a sailed ham cob?Can't say I've ever had it:)

A salad ham cob is basely a sandwich that has salad and ham on it lol You might know "cob" as "bread roll" also I spelt salad wrong lol just to make it even moor confusing for you :p Am like that,,,

I have only been getting into command & conquer 3 tiberium wars for the past few days. Ive borrowed it of a mate. I did finished the fist command & conquer for the PS 1 like years ago. Am not normally into games nower days but am loving this one. Trying to get good enough so I can play other ppl on line and not get slaughtered lol. I won it at skirmish on easy lol That's as fer as I've got yet. Not even done one mission lol I enjoy skirmish to much.

stone-rose said:
You know what. My day wasn't that bad.
I often try to make my days as good as possible because I hate complaining about anything.
My Japanese prof canceled our language lab today so our class could all go out together to a local Japanese restaurant and eat together. It was fun since I don't really get to go out with people and hang out or eat and the people in my class are really nice. And I really missed Japanese food since I've been there, so I had a lovely helping of Sushi. mmmm.
So you know what, it was a pretty good day ^^

I love sushi, even the kind that most people won't eat like eel, it's delicious, I'll be honest the only reason why I tried it was that I was told it was fish, but midchew, my brother was like o btw that's eel,lol, now I get it when ever I can:D

Qui said:
hm, my day. I went to school. Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T. S. Elliot in English class. Sleep and get back a test that I slept through in French (90% only, maybe I'll actually look at the chapter the test is on next time, instead of b.s.ing it like I did on this one). Lame ass study review game in history, finished an hour early so I got to play my guitar for an hour. No one will talk to me in that class because they think I'm too smart/weird/crazy/eccentric/uncool, but they do listen (while unconvincingly pretending not to) whenever I play my guitar. It's really lonely, but having my guitar makes it bearable. Then my friends dad gave my other friend and I a ride to the pizza place because it was absolutely bucketing rain and we didn't want to wait for the bus. We ate chicken pesto pizza, then I walked home and got soaked. My guitar was fine, I had it covered with my ghetto fabulous plastic garbage bag. I then logged in a good 5 hours on my gameboy, playing pokemon, fo sho. I'll prolly go back to that as soon as I'm done with this, actually.
Anyway, tomorrow looks more exciting. I'll go ride the horses, try not to get killed by DJ because being stuck inside always puts her a bit towards postal :p lol, who am I kidding, horses aren't dangerous. They're just incredibly stupid and really big.

smart/weird/crazy/eccentric/uncool
Not a one of those do I not like, if only everybody was all that, the world would be so much cooler
You get to play guitar in the middle of the school day? In The middle of history class? Seems like a pretty lax school to me,lol, the closest I got was in mr nicols's music class he taught us to play ode to joy on the guitar, then he would relentlessly test us on it, but it was still fun, that was the peak of my guitar playing ability 7 yrs ago:(

bluey said:
A salad ham cob is basely a sandwich that has salad and ham on it lol You might know "cob" as "bread roll" also I spelt salad wrong lol just to make it even moor confusing for you :p Am like that,,,

I have only been getting into command & conquer 3 tiberium wars for the past few days. Ive borrowed it of a mate. I did finished the fist command & conquer for the PS 1 like years ago. Am not normally into games nower days but am loving this one. Trying to get good enough so I can play other ppl on line and not get slaughtered lol. I won it at skirmish on easy lol That's as fer as I've got yet. Not even done one mission lol I enjoy skirmish to much.

Trying to trick me with improper spelling, your a sneaky one bluey,lol:p
We must not have those here anyway, at least I've never had one

I played the demo for the tiberium wars and thought it was alright, but I didn't buy it because, well, I'm in college and money is scarce but it was fun and people seem to love it, I played a whole bunch of RTS games, my favorite is battle for middle earth 2, that's a great game really fun, playing it online, is really hard I've only done it a couple times because people scare me and I'd much rather fight against a cpu in skirmish,lol

I don't even remember what I did yesterday to be honest with you, I remember it was really average and went by really fast, and I was extremely tired by the time it was over and when I went to write in my journal I just ended up reading old entries and thinking a whole lot about my life and how badly it's going, then I got this weird feeling,like catching your second wind or something. I figured in this next semester I'm really going to try, I haven't tried at anything really in 2 years, with what happened and all, just been drifting along, well I'm tired of that so I'm going to start trying again,lol and we'll see how that goes I go back tomorrow, and also I told myself that while I'm there I'll go to church on sunday mornings, something I haven't done on a regular basis ever, thought I'd give it a try, I really have secret motives, it's really just one thing in a long line of things I've tried to make some friends there

How bout everybody else how's everyone's day going?

Latest posts

Back