What are some of the most thought provoking, philosophical books?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamondintherough

Reaction score
What are some of the most thought provoking, revolutionary, philosophical books of all time? need some help with some revolutionary books to read such as the Bible or Sophie's world

Schopenhauer? Letters to A Young Poet by Reiner Maria Rilke. Hesse, the Steppenwolf. 0h, too many.

LoneKiller said:
I've heard that Mein Kampf is an interesting read.

Lonekiller is right. Its actually a very interesting read. I've read it twice. It made me think a lot about why things happened because of hitler and how they came about.

One must keep in mind though that mein kampf is a propoganda piece so things in it aren't exactly truthful.

Even so,it can be thought provoking.

I came here to suggest Man's search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl though.

-"The Prince" by Machiavelli.
-"Lords of Chaos" (about the black metal scene crimes - burning churches, desecrating graveas, and killing - in Norway).
-"The Anarchist Cookbook" (there are many books similar but this one is the most famous).

greeneggs.png

The man was a genius, I tell you.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
greeneggs.png

The man was a genius, I tell you.
While I agree that, on a whole, Green Eggs and Ham is a rather stimulating book in itself, I think you'll find that Fox in Socks is much more thought provoking and I know for sure that at least one member from here could take a page out of it's book! (Totally not looking at fox here. (wary) )
FoxInSocksBookCover.jpg

I mean, it's a fox wearing socks as he talks in his box!

I doubt anyone will read whatever book I post in this thread so I won't post a book. Sorry.

Latest posts

Back