Can't Keep friends for very long..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I could never keep friends for very long...
I just always feel so fake when talking to people..
I rarely want to go places with them.. I just prefer to be alone sometimes..
They find someone more fun to be with :/
Everytime I get emotionally attached to them... things go south...
:'( Life story I guess

I think it helps if you get friends that have similiar interests as you. In that way, there will be much more to talk about. Sometimes its good to have quiet moments but friends are also important. They can give you support in your life major events.

I'd not say that it is your fault if you do not want to go out with friends. From my experience, people are too picky these days. Friends SHOULD accept you for who you are. They shouldn't deem you less then a friend because you do not like something they do. But if you're good looking these days, it tends to mean you can be picky and stuff.

Same Here, If I Ever Get Attached to anyone or feel i belong it all goes wrong and they abandon me for new friends, the right person is out there for everyone, the only hard part is finding them.

If you don't like going to hang out with 'friends', you're not going to be very close in the first place. To build relationships you need to spend time with others.

EDIT:

Let's have an example. Let's say you're friends with Trisha. Trisha invites you to go hang out all the time, but you decline because you rather be alone, so she finds others, such as Kayla to hang out with. Since they would be spending more time together, they would have a closer friendship than yours and Trisha's. They're not leaving you behind, they just want to be around people who want to go out and whatnot.

There's friends out there for everyone. Never force yourself to mold into the people you mingle with. When you find the right friends things will come naturally and you won't feel out of place. I say its best to stay to yourself rather than to go off with people you don't feel apart of. That ends up hurting you more.

Veilside05 said:
I think it helps if you get friends that have similiar interests as you. In that way, there will be much more to talk about. Sometimes its good to have quiet moments but friends are also important. They can give you support in your life major events.
+1
I agree, sometimes it's just a matter of finding the right match for you.
just like any relationship, not everyone fits, and sometimes people can aggrevate each others sensativities by being mismatched friends.
infact, this is partly why i came to this forum lol.
I have a friend that I care for very much, and we've known each other a long time. but her issues and my issues collide at times. when she's down, she hides and withdraws, when i'm down.. i want to chat and have someone around. so we end up stoking each others vulnerabilities.
I came here because I saw that there seemed to be a population of other people that shared some of my issues and may understand where I come from a bit more, and hopefully that will take pressure off of our friendship during those periods.
even right now infact.. she has been awol for the past 4 days and barely talked to me in the days leading up to that.
I know it's her depression kicking in.. and that in itself pains me to think about, but it also triggers my own insecurities.
but instead of giving up on her or taking offense in any way.. I'm trying to channel myself in other directions to give her time to resurface... where i'll be waiting with open arms if she needs a friend.

Hey did you read my Diary or something? xD

lol some of my friends changed,turned to jerks,moved on and one who was the most awesome died in a fire along with his 2 sisters.I mean I have given up on people regardless of the fact that I do have small talks with them.I don't know friendship hits you at the most unexpected moments...Just wait I bet you'll find someone as awesome as you are :)

It sounds like you self-sabotage yourself but I'm not sure if you do it intentionally or not.

I think you are as me. I mostly am interested to be alone or with my family. Sometime I see others are talking very easy and familiarly while they have seen each other recently. I ask myself how they can talk so comfortably and understandably whereas I can't ? .... I know its answer. You must be able to connect others in a clear affective manner. In other words, you must be able to join them without any scaring or avoiding. May you say I am not able to talk regularly, Yes may they laugh at you because of some failure in your talking but it is not serious and if they feel you are familiar with them it is enough to accept you. What I said, is about ordinary people but some groups or parties have a particular and boundary opinion and their friendship is relate to their special opinion. I recommend you don't go to such groups because you can't find what you wish in such friendships. Also I have one advise for you " be yourself with all your attribute and don't try to assume you are a prefect person ". Of course it doesn't mean uncover all your private matters but whatever you want to say must be in honesty.

ThatLonerChick said:
I could never keep friends for very long...
I just always feel so fake when talking to people..
I rarely want to go places with them.. I just prefer to be alone sometimes..
They find someone more fun to be with :/
Everytime I get emotionally attached to them... things go south...
:'( Life story I guess

It does take a lot of effort to keep people entertained and interested. The other thing is, my rule is whenever I do not have a chore, even if I'm tired, or I don't feel too good, or not dressed, I feel that I have the social obligation to go out with them. It's not always fun. Maybe only half the time I don't feel like staying home.

But if I would like them to be available for me, I try very hard to not reject any invitations for hanging out together.

Latest posts

Back